Thread: Man who decapitated classmate gets life in prison

Default Man who decapitated classmate gets life in prison

RICHMOND, Va. A former Virginia Tech graduate student has been sentenced to life in prison for decapitating a classmate who rejected his romantic advances.
    Haiyang Zhu (HY-yung JOO) was sentenced Monday in Montgomery County Circuit Court to life without parole. He pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in the death of fellow Chinese student Xin Yang (shin yuhng).
    Zhu attacked and decapitated the 22-year-old Yang as the pair had coffee at a campus eatery in January 2009. Prosecutors said he killed the woman because she had rejected him.
    Commonwealth's Attorney Brad Finch says Zhu apologized to the victim's family and the community. Finch says he's satisfied the judge imposed the maximum sentence.
    The slaying was the first at the Blacksburg university since a deadly mass shooting in 2007.

------------------------------------

CHRISTIANSBURG, Va. A Virginia Tech doctoral student lunged at a fellow student in a campus cafe and began cutting her head off with a knife while staring at her face with a blank, determined expression, a cafe worker testified Friday.
    Corey Cox said he had just returned from a break at his job at Au Bon Pan in Tech's Graduate Life Center on Jan. 21 when he heard growling and screaming. He looked up to see Haiyan Zhu attacking Xin Yang.
    Click here for photos of the crime scene.
    "He was already going at her, cutting her head off," Cox testified at a preliminary hearing for Zhu.
    Cox said he dove behind the counter and called 911 while customers and his manager ran from the coffee shop. At least twice during the call, Cox said, the dispatcher asked him to look around the shop so he could give her more information.
    Each time he looked up, Cox said, Zhu was on top of Yang, who was on the floor. Zhu stared at Yang's face as he cut through her neck, Cox said.
    "It wasn't really an angry face at all," Cox said. "It was just a really blank, determined look."

By the time police arrived, Zhu was holding the woman's head in his hand, an officer testified.
    "I saw a body lying and I saw a gentleman walking toward me with a head in his hand," testified Nicole Irvine of the Virginia Tech Police Department.
    Irvine said he dropped the head when she ordered him to put his hands in the air.
    After hearing from the two witnesses, Montgomery County General District Judge Gino Williams certified first-degree murder charges against Zhu, 25. The next step is a grand jury indictment before a trial can be scheduled.
    Zhu was studying for a doctorate in Tech's agriculture and applied economics program. Yang, 22, had just arrived at the school two weeks before to study for a master's degree in accounting. She listed Zhu as her emergency contact. The extent of their relationship is not clear, but both students were from China. After his arrest, Zhu talked about Yang in the present tense and said she was not his girlfriend yet, Irvine testified.
    Photo Essays
    Witnesses have told police that Zhu and Yang were drinking coffee together and had not been arguing before the attack.
    Irvine said she found a kitchen knife lying on a table in the cafe and Zhu told her he had knives and a hammer in his backpack.
    Zhu's lawyer did not present any witnesses, which is common at preliminary hearings. Zhu's lawyer also made no comment afterward.
    Zhu showed no emotion as he sat manacled and shackled, often looking down and writing during the hearing. Four bailiffs stood behind him. An interpreter sat beside Zhu, whispering a translation of the proceedings.
    Zhu, who is being held at a local jail, was evaluated at a state mental hospital and found competent to stand trial.

Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

I would like to point out this was NOT done in Canada.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Not this time Grimm.

smf

thats soo friggin gruesome and horriffic i cant believe half of what i read these days !!

I can't imagine walking down the street and seeing a guy walking towards me holding a women's head by the hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

Liar. You know good and well there was a rift in the space-time continuum that transported Virginia to Canada for one day, thereby driving this poor boy to madness. I can't believe they would convict him in the face of such overwhelming evidence.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'm surprised he didn't get the death penalty. VA usually has no qualms about that. What a sick fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Liar. You know good and well there was a rift in the space-time continuum that transported Virginia to Canada for one day, thereby driving this poor boy to madness. I can't believe they would convict him in the face of such overwhelming evidence.
    It also managed to transport him to a greyhound bus in the middle of Manitoba? Your space-time continuum rift is awfully specific.

*looks in his garage, squeaks*

... I DEMAND YOU RETURN THE TIME DISPLACEMENT MACHINE IMMEDIATELY!!!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Now that I've fixed it for you I'm not giving it back. Come and get it, bitch.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

he should get the chair!

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    ha! that's what i came in here to check out.

Fuck that. Now we have to pay to keep him alive the rest of his life? He should be executed today.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

Elite Member

I didn't know this also happened at Va Tech. How horrible.
    Tea baggers want to fight the Man because the Man doesn't look like them.

Thread Information