Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hayleigh Cummings' dad and step mom arrested

Default Hayleigh Cummings' dad and step mom arrested

Misty Croslin appears before Judge Charles Tinlin at the St. Johns County jail during her first appearance for felony drug trafficking charges Thursday morning.

The father and former stepmother of missing Putnam County girl Haleigh Cummings are back in trouble, this time on charges of trafficking in controlled prescription medications.

Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin, Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., Hope A. Sykes and Donna M. Brock, were arrested Wednesday night following a month-long undercover investigation led by the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, according to a news release issued just after 11 p.m. by the agency.

An undercover officer purchased large quantities of Oxycodone and Hydrocodone seven times in Putnam and St. Johns counties, the release said. The estimated street value of the drugs is $3,900.
    Cummings and Misty Croslin were arrested Wednesday after prescription medications were purchased from investigators. The others were arrested on warrants, according to the news release.

Misty Croslin, 18, faces six counts of trafficking in prescription medications, while Ronald Cummings, 26, is charged with three counts. Hank Croslin Jr., who is Misty's brother, Sykes and Brock each face one count of trafficking in prescription medications. All but Brock are from Satsuma. Brock is from Orlando and was with Misty when they were pulled over in October in Central Florida accused of road rage. Sykes is Cummings' cousin.

Misty Croslin and Hank Croslin Jr. are in the St. Johns County jail; Ronald Cummings is in the Flagler County jail. Misty Croslin is being held on $950,000 bail; Cummings, $500,000; Brock, $250,000; Sykes, $150,000; and Hank Croslin Jr., $100,000.

Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin and Donna Brock face minimum mandatory sentences of 25 years in state prison if convicted. The others face minimum sentences ranging from three years to 15 years in state prison.

The Croslins had a brief court appearance in St. Johns County this morning. Judge Charles Tinlin asked whether she could afford an attorney, and she said she already had one. Cummings was in court in Flagler County.

Cummings and his former wife had been seeing each other occasionally and were to meet Wednesday about 5 p.m.after he finished working at a tree trimming job, his mother, Teresa Neves, said.

She said she believes her son and niece were staying in contact with Misty Croslin in the hopes of learning what happened to Haleigh.

"They didn't see a lot of each other," she said.

She said she believes the arrest of her former daughter-in-law could mean a break in the case.

"I think she will talk with the hopes of getting out," Neves said.

She believes Misty Croslin's bail was set purposely high to keep her locked up.

"Maybe she'll flip and tell us where Haliegh is," she said. "That is the only [good] thing that can come out of this."

She said she did not know the roles all those who were arrested played in the drug case but thinks Misty Croslin was at it's center.

"He shouldn't have been talking to Misty Croslin," she said. "She brought his butt into this."

She said early Thursday it was unlikely that the family would be able to afford a bond to release Cummings, but plans to mark the year anniversary of Haleigh's disappearance were still going forward.

"Hopefully Misty will talk and Haleigh will come home," she said.

She said Cummings son Ronald Jr. is staying with Neves' mother.

"He's doing very well," she said.

Cummings is the father of 6-year-old Haleigh, who disappeared in early 2009 and has not been found. Misty Croslin, who was the last person to see Haleigh before she disappeared, later married Cummings, but the two divorced months later.

Putnam authorities did not comment on how the arrests may affect the investigation into Haleigh's disappearance, but the news release indicated those now in jail may be further interviewed in the case.

"As stated in previous releases, investigators assigned to the Haleigh Cummings investigation will take every available opportunity to speak with any individual believed to have knowledge about Haleigh Cummings' disappearance," the release said.

Misty Cummings appears before judge | StAugustine.com
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

Well that brings a whole new angle into it doesn't it?

They have since DIVORCED?
    And how did she mature from 16 to 18 in 11 months?
    That little girl had no chance. Tragical.

I must've read something misreported earlier today. I read where the dad and his EX wife were arrested. Not the current wife. Hmmmm...yes, this sheds a whole new light on things, for sure.
    Look, sweetheart, I can drink you under any goddamn table you want, so don't worry about me.-"Martha", Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

they are divorced. she IS the ex! can you believe this shit?
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    they are divorced. she IS the ex! can you believe this shit?
    So he married ANOTHER kid? Something is majorly effed up with this story. I just saw the term "wife" and thought I had mis-read, and I had no idea his EX wife was that young.

no, the wife is the kid that he married, the 17 yr old.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

so maybe Haley ingested pills? Ipitomey of trailer trash
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

I think it was pretty obvious to EVERYONE, who was peddling drugs and doing them, that Misty had a whole lot to hide and defiantly had something if not all to do with Hayleigh's disappearance.

As soon as they announced they were getting married while Hayleigh was missing, I knew something was up. Why couldn't they wait until Hayleigh came back? Unless she/they knew that Hayleigh would NEVER come back...

And THEN, after the dumbass marries the woman-child who last saw his daughter alone, he thinks she may have had something to do with it and then decides maybe he doesnt want to be with her... fucking dumbass.
    Last edited by Seapharris7; January 21st, 2010 at 08:49 PM.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

What trash...I hope they find out what happened to that poor little girl.

Oh wow, I hadn't heard that him and Misty got divorced! Unreal! And they are so stupid... to think Law Enforcement wouldn't be watching them? I used to keep up with this case over at webslueths (they must be going crazy over there) lol.
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

They divorced? Nice, the dude has two failed marriages under his belt and she has one. She's not yet 20 and he's barely past 25. Lovely people.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Damn I was hoping they were arrested for the murder of that little girl. It's obvious the girl OD's on pills as they were trying to keep her asleep as they partied. I want them to be charged.

^ Never fear, they are going to do the same thing they did with Casey Anthony. They knew she killed her kid and threw her in jail for another charge hoping she'd crack...

Personally I think this druggie will. Unfortunatly I think Casey was just batshit insane, and that didnt just go away in jail - but Misty is probably strung out and hopefully will start feeling like shit or confessing once the haze wears off.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Bumping---bitch got 25 fucking years! hahahahaha

Misty Croslin, the last person known to see a 5-year-old Florida girl before she was reported missing in February 2009, was sentenced to 25 years in prison Friday on an unrelated drug charge.

Circuit Judge Wendy Berger also ordered Croslin to pay $500,000 and to follow her prison time with five years of drug-offender probation.

Croslin had pleaded no contest in the St. Johns County courtroom to a single count of trafficking oxycodone.

She faces sentencing on October 19 in a Palatka, Florida, courtroom for a conviction on similar charges.

At the time Haleigh Cummings went missing, Croslin was 17 and residing in the family's mobile home with her then-husband, Ronald Cummings, Haleigh and her 4-year-old brother.

Croslin and Ronald Cummings were both arrested in January along with three others after allegedly selling about $3,900 worth of drugs to undercover officers, authorities said. The two divorced after Haleigh's disappearance.

Croslin told police she tucked Haleigh and the brother into bed about 8 p.m. February 8, 2009, and went to sleep two hours later.

She said she awoke at 3 a.m. to find Haleigh missing and a cinder block propping open a back door. Ronald Cummings reported Haleigh missing when he returned from work at dawn.

Authorities previously said physical evidence contradicts Croslin's account of events that night. However, police have stopped short of naming Croslin as a suspect.

In televised interviews, Croslin has said she does not know what happened to Haleigh but believes "the other side of the family" knows where she is.

Police have said Cummings and Crystal Sheffield, the girl's mother, are not considered suspects. Authorities believe Haleigh is dead and are treating the case as a homicide investigation.

Judge gives Misty Croslin 25 years for drug conviction - CNN.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information