Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Woman raped in 2005 is raped again by same man

Default Woman raped in 2005 is raped again by same man

Police: Woman raped in 2005 is raped again by same man

by Megan Boehnke - Jan. 6, 2010 05:46 PM
    The Arizona Republic

A man who raped a Sunday school teacher in Gilbert four years ago may be the same man who raped her again in her new home in Chandler on Monday, police said.

Police say the victim's description of the man who attacked her Monday in her house in a neighborhood southeast of Pecos Road and Hamilton Street, Chandler, matches the one she gave after the October 2005 rape in her Gilbert apartment.

The victim, who says she doesn't know the attacker, said the stalker also approached her early last January outside the Gilbert apartment complex and threatened her, making reference to the earlier attack and instructing her not to go to police. Two weeks after that, on Jan. 14, 2009, he assaulted her outside the complex.

Police said she reported a second man was there at the time and that he called out to her attacker saying, "Tony, come on. We have to go."
    The woman reported both incidents and then moved to Chandler to get away from him.

"She has no idea who this guy is, but it's very apparent by statements he's made, that he knows her," said Det. David Ramer, a police spokesman. Ramer said that kind of stalking is highly unusual.

The woman is doing well, considering the circumstances, he said, and police are working with her to help protect her.

On Monday, the woman, who is in her early 20s, was at her home when she was attacked. Police believe he got in the home through an unlocked door about 7:45 p.m.

The woman lives with her mother but was alone at the time.
    She reported the incident again, this time to Chandler Police, who have been working with Gilbert Police to find the man.

She described him as Hispanic with medium brown skin, in his mid-20s, and about 6-feet tall with a medium build, very short hair and long, thin sideburns. He has a 3-inch scar on his right cheekbone and acne on his left cheek and forehead. He was last seen wearing a black, hooded sweatshirt, gray jeans, black gloves and black shoes. He had a diamond earring stud in his right ear.

Based on the earlier attack, police believe he goes by the name Tony.
    Anyone with information is asked to call Chandler Police at 480-782-4130 or Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS.

Police: Woman raped in 2005 is raped again by same man

Nightmare.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Omg, how traumatic. That poor woman.
    Rock the fuck on!

"She has no idea who this guy is, but it's very apparent by statements he's made, that he knows her," said Det. David Ramer, a police spokesman. Ramer said that kind of stalking is highly unusual."

That's a typo, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercer View Post
    "She has no idea who this guy is, but it's very apparent by statements he's made, that he knows her," said Det. David Ramer, a police spokesman. Ramer said that kind of stalking is highly unusual."

That's a typo, right?
    No, she doesn't know who this guy is, but he approached her before the recent rape and threatened her, making reference to her earlier rape. So he knows her somehow.

Something about this sounds disturbing.

Gold Member

Not to blame the victim but (if true) it's odd that the door to her home was unlocked.

^ Very much so.

(Celeb: Thanks for the explanation.)

ETA: She needs to be better protected. Seriously.

No way! Poor woman

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy Burnett View Post
    Not to blame the victim but (if true) it's odd that the door to her home was unlocked.
    Not really, you'd be surprised how many people, women included, leave their doors unlocked when they're home. I do it myself sometimes. (I know, I know but I forget. I tend to think of locking the door more when I'm leaving than when I'm going to be there.)

^^^
    that's true. it's normal to forget to lock the door sometimes, especially if it's still early and you're at home. i'm glad i've always lived in apartments with the type of door where the doorknob doesn't turn and you need a key to just open the door even if it's unlocked.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Wow. Weird. I freak my everybody out by always locking each and evey door behind me.

I always have my doors locked. My family makes fun of me for it,but everytime I read stories like this I know I am justified in being a compulsive door locker.

I would still like to hear that she is being sheltered from now on out.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Not really, you'd be surprised how many people, women included, leave their doors unlocked when they're home. I do it myself sometimes. (I know, I know but I forget. I tend to think of locking the door more when I'm leaving than when I'm going to be there.)
    But if you had been raped before, wouldn't you be exceptionally safety conscious? I know I would. Actually if I was ever a victim of some violent attack, I'd be packing a gun at all times.

At the very least, I would have bought a dog if I were her. I don't have to though, being the paranoid person that I am I have two big German Shepherds.

That's true; I'd be majorly paranoid and overly cautious if I'd recently been threatened by a guy who referred to my rape 4 years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information