Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yale graduate student vanishes days before her wedding

Default Yale graduate student vanishes days before her wedding

Police: Yale student, a bride-to-be, disappears
    By Kristen Hamill And Eliott C. McLaughlin
    CNN

Annie Le, 24, has not been seen by family, friends or co-workers since Tuesday, police say.

The graduate student was last seen outside a Yale School of Medicine building that houses research programs.

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Police are searching for a Yale University graduate student and bride-to-be who disappeared and was last seen outside a school of medicine building.

Co-worker Debbie Apuzzo told CNN affiliate WTNH-TV that Annie Le, 24, is scheduled to be married Sunday, and "her fiance hasn't heard from her."

"Annie Le's purse containing her cell phone, credit cards and money were left in her office," a Yale University Police Department news release said, adding that friends, family members and co-workers had not heard from her since Tuesday.

CNN has calls in to the Yale Office of Public Affairs, which is handling all Yale Police Department requests.

Bill Reiner in the FBI's New Haven office said the university "asked for our assistance; we are assisting them. We are not getting into any details."

Officer Joseph Avery of the New Haven Police Department said he believes New Haven police are working closely with Yale authorities, but he wasn't certain in what capacity.

"Right now, it's their case, and I can't comment," he said.

Apuzzo, an accountant in Yale's Department of Pharmacology, told CNN affiliate WFSB that Le was conscientious, energetic and "very excited" about getting married.

Contacted via e-mail by CNN, Apuzzo declined to comment, saying her superiors had asked her to refer all media inquiries to the university's public affairs office.

She did, however, forward a letter sent by Yale University Police Chief James Perrotti to all faculty, students and staff.

The letter states Yale police, the FBI, Connecticut State Police and New Haven police are investigating Le's disappearance. Her friends, colleagues, family members and fiance are assisting police, the letter said.

"The State Police have searched the area of Ms. Le's last known appearance with their bloodhounds; law enforcement officers are continuing to undertake detailed searches of the surrounding area; and security officials are reviewing images from closed-circuit cameras in the area," the letter said.

Several media outlets reported that her fiance, Jonathan Widawsky, is a graduate student at Columbia University in New York. Widawsky could not be immediately reached.

A university surveillance photo showed Le was wearing a knee-length brown skirt, a bright-green short-sleeved T-shirt, brown shoes and a brown necklace.

She is 4-foot-11-inches tall, weighs 90 pounds and has shoulder-length brown hair, police said.

She was last seen outside the 120,000-square-foot Yale School of Medicine building on 10 Amistad St. The four-story building houses three of the school's research programs. Le is a pharmacology graduate student.

According to the Yale police news release, Le had no known medical issues. She also does not have access to a vehicle, police said.

Anyone with information on Le's disappearance can call university police at
    (203) 432-4400.

Find this article at:
    Police: Yale student, a bride-to-be, disappears - CNN.com

2008 Cable News Network

I hate to say it, but I bet she was abducted and murdered. I don't think her fiancee is involved either.

I hope she just got cold feet,but she would have taken her purse. This bodes ill.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I hate to say it, but I bet she was abducted and murdered. I don't think her fiancee is involved either.
    ^Well that's certainly a first!

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

I hope she beats the odds and turns up alive and well.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyJenny86 View Post
    ^Well that's certainly a first!

The statistics speak for themselves. If you think that detectives shouldn't look at home first when someone is abducted, raped and murdered, then that's your problem. Just remember that most victims know their attacker.

Not to be rude, but the way you won't let this issue go makes it look like your sympathizing with predators. Just sayin.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

It wouldn't surprise me if a jilted ex is the culprit. But who knows? I sincerely hope she's okay and is located.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

It wouldn't surprise me if her fiancee is the culprit. Is it just me that thinks it's a bit odd she didn't have her purse with her? I take my mobile everywhere.

Elite Member

But why would the fiancee do it? Why not wait until they were married and then kill her?

She's a TINY woman a prime target for any freak, and smart, if an abductor got a Yale woman he MUST be a genius in his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post

The statistics speak for themselves. If you think that detectives shouldn't look at home first when someone is abducted, raped and murdered, then that's your problem. Just remember that most victims know their attacker.

Not to be rude, but the way you won't let this issue go makes it look like your sympathizing with predators. Just sayin.
    And who do we look at when a man vanishes? The woman in his life. It's not sexism, it's logic.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Maybe the Skull and Bones Society had something to do with it?

Really though, I hope she's okay and they find her soon.

Hopefully she turns up ok.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post

The reason I think it was an abduction by a stranger was:

1) the general mood of the woman before she disappeared. Elated about being engaged. Apparently, no negative comments about the fiance or relationship.

2) that she disappeared close to work in a public place. I would think that her fiance could abduct her and kill her closer to where she lived, and not do it in an open place.

3) this reminds me of several crimes where a security camera caught the last minutes of someone's life. Like the woman who was abducted and killed while she was getting in her car outside the department store (or was it a Target). Or the two women who were abducted and killed outside a mall near Miami. Or the teenage girl who was intercepted by a guy walking through the parking lot of an oil-change shop. Or the case out in Crystal City, Virginia of a recently engaged woman who was abducted (by a stranger, as it turned out) in the parking garage outside her work.

I think it may have been a guy working with or around her who monitored her movements.

Her fiance was not anywhere near the area when this happened, last time I checked he was not even a suspect.

maybe she got cold feet? anybody remember crazy bug eyed lady who was "abducted" a few years ago right before her wedding???
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information