Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Drew Peterson arrested in death of third wife!

Default Drew Peterson arrested in death of third wife!

Breaking news on the Chicago stations. Not many details, but found this from the local CBS website.

Damn, it's about time! I hope he's held without bond, and that charges in Stacey's murder are coming too.

May 7, 2009 5:51 pm US/Central
    Peterson Arrested In Connection With Savio Murder

BOLINGBROOK, Ill. (CBS) ― Drew Peterson leaves the Will County Jail after posting bail for a felony weapons charge on May 21, 2008, in Joliet, Ill. (File) Scott Olson/Getty Images

Former Bolingbrook police sergeant Drew Peterson has been arrested in connection with the death of his third wife.

Peterson will likely be charged in the death of Kathleen Savio, who was found dead in a dry bathtub in her home on March 1, 2004. Her death was originally ruled an accident, but was reclassified as a homicide after her body was exhumed for a new autopsy, following the disappearance of Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, in October 2007.

In April, Savio's family filed a lawsuit against Peterson asking for damages in excess of $100,000, and alleging that Peterson physically assaulted Savio during their marriage, then caused her death during a prolonged legal dispute over money.

The lawsuit also claimed that before her disappearance, Stacy Peterson told her pastor she had detailed knowledge that Savio was murdered and that Drew Peterson was the killer.

While Illinois State Police have described Stacy's disappearance as a "potential homicide," Drew Peterson has always maintained that Stacy ran off voluntarily with another man.

In the time since he has been in the spotlight, Peterson has courted media attention on a regular basis, making several appearances on network morning news and talk shows and proclaiming his innocence. In early 2008, Peterson even planned to appear on a dating game on Steve Dahl's radio show, although Dahl later canceled the stunt.

Most recently, Peterson was offered a role in the HBO reality show "Cathouse," which follows the lives of sex workers at the Moonlite BunnyRanch brothel in Nevada, and features explicit sex scenes. Besides the "Cathouse" series, BunnyRanch owner Dennis Hoff said he has proposed hiring Peterson to head the brothel's security detail.

BunnyRanch owner Dennis Hoff on Wednesday said Peterson was invited to spend the upcoming weekend at the brothel to discuss Hoff's job offers.

Peterson was also cast into the national spotlight this past winter, when girlfriend Christina Raines moved in with him and they announced plans to marry, prompting an irate response from Raines' father. Raines has since moved out of Peterson's house.

Peterson quit the Bolingbrook Police Department shortly after Stacy's disappearance.

Until now, his only arrest was for a 2008 gun charge, claiming that he owned an assault rifle with a barrel shorter than allowed by state law. The charge was later dismissed.

Former Bolingbrook Police Sergeant Drew Peterson Arrested In Connection With Kathleen Savio Murder - cbs2chicago.com
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Woohoo!!! Hope he fries!

Feel sorry for his kids though. They are young and have no parents now. But asshole shouldn't have killed their mothers and this wouldn't be an issue.

I know, Lynnie. They were talking a bit about that on the news. Who do those poor kids have left now?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

and his poor fiancee. who does she have now *eyeroll*
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

^ well, her life for one thing. Which is more than can be said about his last 2 wives.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    and his poor fiancee. who does she have now *eye roll*

Well, she could hang out with the CraigsList Killer's fiancee
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

Elite Member

FINALLY! I think the Craigslist's fiancee called off the wedding.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Bye bye. Maybe he can share a cell with Blago.

Finally. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    ^ well, her life for one thing. Which is more than can be said about his last 2 wives.
    This made me laugh in a rather uncomfortable way.

I'm evil.
    ssabmud

OMG, I'm so happy it finally happened. I was worried he was going to get away with both murders. Hope he gets life without parole in case they can't get him for the second murder.

Elite Member

Wow, I wonder if he can a fair trial anywhere in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by TaffyMoon View Post
    Wow, I wonder if he can a fair trial anywhere in the US.
    You can be sure it will be far more fair than either of his wives got.
    Kat Scorp likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Ha, I've watched the arrest video at least 20 times this morning...apparently the Chicago Fox station was the only one who had a news crew on the block when it happened. Nice to see him in cuffs and without the smirk he usually wears on his face.

Drew's 22 year old son (also a cop) has been given temporary custody of the 4 kids. (Two teenage sons from his third marriage, and the young son and daughter with Stacy.)

20 million dollar bond which all the "experts" interviewed think will be reduced.

Good. That took long enough.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information