Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Body of missing Tracy, California girl found in suitcase

Unhappy Body of missing Tracy, California girl found in suitcase

Body of missing Tracy girl found in suitcase

This hanout photo of 8 year old Sandra Cantu of Tracy, Califorina, was taken on March 8, 2009 on her 8th birthday. Cantu was reported last being seen on March 27 at Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park wearing a pink Hello Kitty shirt and a striped dress. She is hispanic, with brown hair, brown eyes, about 4 feet tall and weighs 45 pounds. (Special to The Chronicle)

(04-06) 21:03 PDT Tracy -- Police in Tracy announced tonight that they found the remains of a child who went missing 10 days ago inside a black suitcase that was discovered earlier today floating in an irrigation pond.
    Sandra Cantu vanished March 27 after telling her mother she was going to a friend's home to play.
    The suitcase was found by farm workers at about 10 a.m. as they were draining the pond at a dairy farm on Bacchetti Road in Tracy. The location is about two miles from Cantu's home.
    Witnesses told investigators the suitcase was not there when they drained the same pond about two weeks ago.
    Cantu disappeared from the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park 10 days prior. The last official sighting of her was on a surveillance video taped that afternoon, showing her skipping outside her home.
    Tracy Police Sgt. Tony Sheneman said investigators had strong suspicions about the trunk because it is in such a remote area, is so large, and just showed up.
    "We're out in the middle of nowhere looking at this scene," he said this evening before the announcement. "It would be very unusual for someone to just chuck something that big out here.
    Sheneman said investigators, which include agents from the FBI, have no solid suspects in the case. Sandra's father, Daniel Cantu, has been questioned several times, as have two other men who live near the girl, but nobody is in custody.
    Hundreds of volunteer searchers from throughout California have hunted through a landfill, rivers, area homes and fields all over the Tracy area since Sandra's disappearance.

I think its just heartbreaking to watch that video of her moments before she must have met the person who did this. The surveillance cameras caught her skipping and running before she skips out of view. It just breaks my heart to think that she was minutes away from being abducted, just a sweet girl who was enjoying the nice day. Breaks my heart.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

damn! i figured this wouldnt end good, but that video of her skipping, breaks my heart.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

oh wow

that's heart breaking
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Please let them catch this pervert & get him off the streets.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

poor little girl...

Sandra went to school with a daughter of a friend. They have been pretty shook about it. She was a beautiful little girl.

----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Hit By Ban Bus!

So awful. My heart goes out to her family.

czb

why do i read these threads? so sad.

So sad! She was such a pretty little girl, too.

Maybe they will be able to find who is responsible.

there was a story about her on msnbc this morning. talking about who the police were interviewing etc. apparently when this little girl was 6 and the family was at a function, and some man came up and kissed the little girl on the lips. they have interviewed this guy several times, and i guess today they are making some sort of statement.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

bastard! didn't have to kill her too!

I knew when they found that suitcase that she was most likely inside. I hope they find the sicko that did this and castrate him. Poor little girl.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    there was a story about her on msnbc this morning. talking about who the police were interviewing etc. apparently when this little girl was 6 and the family was at a function, and some man came up and kissed the little girl on the lips. they have interviewed this guy several times, and i guess today they are making some sort of statement.
    Throw him in jail too---even if he wasn't involved. You know he's up to no good anyway. Fucking perv's.

So sad. I feel horrible for the family and the community...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information