Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: 10 year old Colorado girl vanishes on way to school

Its most likely him, since he turned himself in.

Police: Teen arrested in killing of Colorado girl

WESTMINSTER, Colo. A teenage boy who lived about five miles from a 10-year-old Colorado girl who was abducted and killed earlier this month has been arrested in her death, along with an attack on a runner in May, police said Wednesday.

Police in the Denver suburb of Westminster said they arrested 17-year-old Austin Reed Sigg after getting a tip that led them to a home Tuesday night.

Sigg's residence is about five miles from the home of Jessica Ridgeway, who disappeared Oct. 5 after leaving for school. Her body was found five days later in a field at a park.

"We worked on this case nonstop, around the clock, since Oct. 5, the day of her abduction," Police Chief Lee Birk said at news conference. "I believe we've made a significant step towards justice for Jessica."

The break in the case comes two days after police said Jessica's abduction was linked to the May 28 attempted abduction of a 22-year-old runner at another park, the Ketner Lake Open Space. Police say their tip led them to a home near that park, which is close to Jessica's school.

Sigg will be charged in both cases. His first court appearance is set for 8 a.m. Thursday.

Reached by phone Wednesday, Sigg's mother told The Associated Press he turned himself in.

"I made the phone call, and he turned himself in. That's all I have to say," said Mindy Sigg, before she broke down in tears and hung up the phone.

Police said they notified the Ridgeway family of the arrest Wednesday morning.

"We hope and pray that this arrest brings them some measure of closure in dealing with this enormous loss that they've suffered," Birk said.
    Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. T

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/...l.Girl.Slain/?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Why would it most likely be him because he turned himself in? Didnt he technically have to do that because they were bringing or brought charges against him?
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Quote Originally Posted by Seapharris7 View Post
    Why would it most likely be him because he turned himself in? Didnt he technically have to do that because they were bringing or brought charges against him?
    I doubt his mom would have made the phone call in the first place unless he either admitted to what happened or she had some kind of irrefutible proof that he was involved. Like the mom of the kids who killed Autumn Pasquale.

I'm glad he's in jail. Sick fucker.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

fgg

Police: Local teen arrested in Colo. girl's death

WESTMINSTER, Colo. (AP) A teenager who lived just a mile from a 10-year-old Colorado girl who was abducted and killed earlier this month has been arrested in her death, along with a May attack on a runner, authorities said Wednesday.

Police in the Denver suburb of Westminster said they took 17-year-old Austin Reed Sigg into custody on Tuesday night after receiving a phone call, apparently from his mother, that led them to Sigg. He was officially arrested Wednesday.

Reached by phone, Sigg's mother told The Associated Press he turned himself in.

"I made the phone call, and he turned himself in. That's all I have to say," said Mindy Sigg, before she broke down in tears and hung up.

Police announced the arrest as agents searched the home of Sigg, a student at Arapahoe Community College. Authorities declined to elaborate on the arrest and have released few details about the investigation. Court documents have been sealed, but a police custody report said Sigg was cooperative when he was arrested and waived his rights.

Jessica Ridgeway disappeared Oct. 5 while walking to school. Her remains were found five days later in a field at a park, and police said her body was "not intact."

The arrest case came a day after police said Jessica's abduction was linked to the May 28 attempted kidnapping of a 22-year-old runner at another area park, the Ketner Lake Open Space.

In that case, a woman fought off a stranger who grabbed her from behind and put a rag that smelled of chemicals over her mouth, authorities said. Westminster investigator Trevor Materasso said Tuesday police haven't been able to determine if the substance on the rag was meant to subdue the woman.

Authorities didn't say why they think the two cases are connected, but they noted Sigg will be charged in both crimes. His first court appearance is set for 8 a.m. Thursday.

As technicians in white coveralls searched Sigg's home, neighbors described the 17-year-old as a quiet, goth boy who often work black clothes.

"He was shy and kept to himself," said Brooke Olds, 13, who usually saw Sigg alone on a skateboard or scooter.

Sigg attended Witt Elementary the same school Jessica went to but he moved on to middle school in 2007, before she enrolled, Jefferson County Public Schools spokeswoman Lynn Setzer said.

Jessica was on her way to Witt when she disappeared.

Sigg later attended Standley Lake High School while also taking classes at Warren Tech, a school that offers specialized training in health science, public safety, technology and other fields.

Sigg left the school district in July after finishing the 11th grade and later earned a GED. School officials don't know why he left.

Arapahoe Community College officials confirmed that he was enrolled there but refused to say what campus he attended or what he was studying.

Police said they notified the Ridgeway family of the arrest Wednesday morning. Jessica lived in Westminster with her mother, Sarah Ridgeway. Jessica's father, Jeremiah Bryant, lives in Missouri.

"We hope and pray that this arrest brings them some measure of closure in dealing with this enormous loss that they've suffered," Police Chief Lee Birk said.

The also arrest brought relief to the community, which has been on edge as authorities searched for Jessica's killer. More parents have been waiting with their children at bus stops, and high school students have volunteered to walk younger children to school to keep them safe.

"Every parent in every Colorado community will rest a little easier tonight," said Gov. John Hickenlooper, who has a 10-year-old son. "While we still mourn the death of Jessica Ridgeway, we are relieved an arrest has been made and the pursuit of justice can continue."

A steady stream of people have paid their respects to Jessica at a memorial to her at a park near her home. It has been decorated with flowers, balloons and stuffed animals.

Jessica was walking down a quiet street in her modest neighborhood when she was last seen alive. Her school backpack was found three days later in Superior, another Denver suburb about seven miles northwest of her home.

After Jessica's disappearance, more than 1,000 officers and 10 agencies, including the FBI, investigated the case, following up on more than 4,000 leads.

Authorities had long said Jessica's killer could be someone from the community. But early on, they didn't seem to have any particular suspect in mind. They asked residents to be on the lookout for anything suspicious from their bosses, friends and family members, watching for things like leaving home unexpectedly, missing appointments or changing their appearance.

Police: Local teen arrested in Colo. girl's death - Yahoo! News
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

updated 3:56 PM EDT 10.30.12 Teen charged in Jessica Ridgeway's death

By the CNN Wire Staff

A A A (resize font) (CNN) - A 17-year-old student was formally charged Tuesday with the kidnapping, sexual assault and murder of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway, whose body parts were found at a park in a Denver suburb earlier this month.

Austin Reed Sigg, a student at Arapahoe Community College, was also charged with attempting to kidnap, sexually assault and murder a female jogger last May.

The charges were outlined in a 17-count accusation filed by Jefferson County, Colorado, District Attorney Pam Russell Tuesday.

Sigg, who lived about one mile from Ridgeway's home in Westminster, was charged as an adult, a decision that could be challenged by his lawyers.

The teen was arrested a week ago and accused of strangling Ridgeway, dismembering her and placing some of her body parts in a crawlspace under his family's home.

Police first found parts of her body at a park 5 miles away five days after the bespectacled blonde girl disappeared while walking to Witt Elementary School on October 5.

The big break in the investigation came last Tuesday night, when Sigg's mother called 911 and handed him the phone. Sigg, police said, confessed.

Along with charges related to Jessica's death, Sigg is also accused in the May assault of a 22-year-old woman on a hiking trail
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Jesus. I can't imagine being his mother, and figuring out what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Jesus. I can't imagine being his mother, and figuring out what he did.
    When I think about it, I think about the mom who was doing laundry and saw a sock sticking out of her son's bed. When she pulled on it, she realized that it was on the foot of a girl that her son had killed and placed between his mattress and boxspring. He claimed that he had killed her accidentally by smothering her when he hit her with a baseball and she wouldn't stop crying.

testosterone is a poison, it really is. Predators and cavemen run the world....aggression, territoriality, sexual violence. And I actually love men and often relate to them better than women, but this is the truth.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    When I think about it, I think about the mom who was doing laundry and saw a sock sticking out of her son's bed. When she pulled on it, she realized that it was on the foot of a girl that her son had killed and placed between his mattress and boxspring. He claimed that he had killed her accidentally by smothering her when he hit her with a baseball and she wouldn't stop crying.
    OMG!! Seriously, that is awful. Is that what happened with this little girl?? I haven't followed this in the news very much.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    OMG!! Seriously, that is awful. Is that what happened with this little girl?? I haven't followed this in the news very much.
    No, sorry if I confused you with how I worded it. There was a murder case about 10 or more years ago where a girl around 8 or 9 disappeared. While the search was on, another mother happened to be cleaning her son's room, when she saw a sock sticking out from under the mattress. When she pulled on it, she saw it was actually a foot. It was the body of the missing girl. Her son had killed her and stuffed her between the mattress and the box spring. He later claimed that she showed up while he was playing in the yard. And that they were throwing the ball to each other and he hit her in the face. He said she was crying loudly and that he strangled her to keep her quiet. Something like that. I can't remember the names of any of the principal people in the case, though.

ETA: Found it. It was a water bed, but most of my recollection was correct: http://antonia-monacelli.hubpages.co...oshua-Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    No, sorry if I confused you with how I worded it. There was a murder case about 10 or more years ago where a girl around 8 or 9 disappeared. While the search was on, another mother happened to be cleaning her son's room, when she saw a sock sticking out from under the mattress. When she pulled on it, she saw it was actually a foot. It was the body of the missing girl. Her son had killed her and stuffed her between the mattress and the box spring. He later claimed that she showed up while he was playing in the yard. And that they were throwing the ball to each other and he hit her in the face. He said she was crying loudly and that he strangled her to keep her quiet. Something like that. I can't remember the names of any of the principal people in the case, though.

ETA: Found it. It was a water bed, but most of my recollection was correct: Murderous Children: 14 Year Old Joshua Phillips Murdered His 8-Year-Old Neighbour
    Oh, gotcha...my reading comprehension skills are off today. Still, that's an awful story. I imagine the mother of the suspect in the Colorado case must be feeling pretty awful, too. Imagine having that girls body parts under your house.

^^No, I can't. I try to put myself in her shoes, and feel sick. A mother's first instinct would be to protect her child, but then she is probably also feeling horror and I'd imagine, fear. What a fucked up emotional roller coaster ride that must be.

I'm glad he's caught so that town can breathe easier. My heart aches for that little girl and her mother.

Seems to be a war on children. This tragedy, plus one in my neck of the woods were a young girl was strangled to death for her bike, and then the one in NYC where the nanny killed the kids under her care. I mean, WTF?
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Seems to be a war on children. This tragedy, plus one in my neck of the woods were a young girl was strangled to death for her bike, and then the one in NYC where the nanny killed the kids under her care. I mean, WTF?
    If you watch the news, it can make you feel embattled, but as others have said here, there doesn't seem to be a jump in statistics that would reasonably prompt you to batten down the hatches, childwise. More than anything, it seems like a good time to use the opportunity to teach your child to be street smart and know how to react.

I actually ordered "The Gift of Fear" the night they found the suspect in this case and received it a few days ago. I'm thinking about putting a thread under the Books section with tips from the author. There are some really interesting situational things he brings up that everybody should know about.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread Information