Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: 10 year old Colorado girl vanishes on way to school

No real news yet.

Westminster Colorado Police Department/AP Photo
    Ridgeway Cops Probe Near-Abductions
    By ANTHONY CASTELLANO
    October 15, 2012

Police in Arvada, Colo., are looking for a man suspected of trying to abduct two children a few weeks before 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway's killing to see whether there is a possible connection.

In two reported incidents on Sept. 9 and Sept. 12, Arvada police said an 8- and 9-year-old were nearly abducted, according to police.

"Both of them said they were offered candy to get into the vehicle. In both incidences, they knew to run and tell an adult," Arvada police spokeswoman Jill McGranahan told ABC News affiliate KMGH-TV.

Jessica's body was found Oct. 10 in an Arvada park, seven miles from her home in Westminster, Colo.

Meanwhile, police in Cody, Wyo., announced that a man suspected in a child abduction case was arrested Sunday in Belgrade, Mont. Authorities in the Ridgeway case do not believe there is a connection.

With no major breaks in the case, residents in and around Jessica's hometown are on edge. A report that a man in a car tried to kidnap a 13-year-old boy in Jefferson County, Colo., this weekend turned out to be false.

The teen believed a man was trying to lure him into his parked car, so he ran inside his home and alerted his mother, who managed to snap a photo of the suspect in his blue sedan.

When the picture was circulated by police, the 18-year-old man in the car turned himself in and explained that he had been trying to get the boy to knock on the door of his ex-girlfriend's home to get her attention, Jefferson County Sheriff's Office spokesman Mark Techmeyer told KMGH.

A mug shot of the driver was taken, but he was released after police determined he was not a threat to the community.

"I think everyone reacted just the way they should have, in the light of everything that is going on," Techmeyer said.

With so few clues, authorities have asked the public for help, urging them to be on the lookout for anyone showing behavioral changes.

"Child abduction, first of all, is an outrageous crime," ABC News FBI consultant Brad Garrett said. "But then when the perpetrator actually kills a child, that is so above the pale, you're going to get people maybe to come forward that wouldn't normally."

FBI profilers believe the suspect that they are hunting is likely male and might have recently missed work or suddenly left town. He might have changed his appearance or gotten rid of his car, profilers said.

"The sicko is out here, still," Westminster resident Shanna Pearsy said. "Who knows where he is at but we need to find him."

Jessica had been last seen Oct. 5, when she left for school. The fifth-grader never showed up at a nearby park where she was supposed to meet friends for the one-mile walk to her elementary school.

After an extensive search of the area, including knocking on doors and FBI road blocks, Jessica's dismembered body was found Wednesday in an Arvada park, miles from where she was abducted.

"It's hard to imagine why someone would want to do this to such a nice little girl," Seth Snyder said Saturday at a memorial for Jessica.

Jessica Ridgeway Killing: Police Look for Suspect in Two Near-Abductions - ABC News
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^^^ I thought I read that they caught the Montana abductor, though. So, at least one guy is off the streets.

It will be hard to catch this pervert unless someone saw something. The condition of the body leaves very little evidence.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

i just catched up on this thread. this is so, so horrible.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

fgg

Jessica Ridgeway Murder 'Definitively' Linked to an Attempted Kidnapping

For the first time since the Oct. 5 abduction and murder of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway, police have an important lead, including a connection to the attempted Memorial Day abduction of a jogger.

Police in Westminster, Colo., also have released a photo of a small wooden cross with zigzag markings on one side, and three lines etched on the crossbar of the other side. Police say they recovered the cross during the investigation, and suggest it may have been worn by her killer.

In the attempted kidnapping case, a light-skinned man with a medium build and brown hair came up from behind a 22-year-old woman jogging by a lake and tried to grab her from behind and cover her mouth with a chemical-smelling rag. The woman escaped and called 911, but the attacker wasn't caught.

Police say they've "definitively made a connection between the Ketner Lake incident and the Jessica Ridgeway murder."

Police won't say exactly how they've connected the two cases because they need to preserve the integrity of the investigation.

Denver's KDVR-TV reports that separate sources say the cases are connected by DNA gathered from Ridgeway's remains or from her backpack, which was recovered two days after her disappearance.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Have you guys been keeping track of the Autumn Pasquale case? I think she was 12.

She disappeared in a little town in NJ over the weekend. She had been on a white BMX style bicycle the last time she was seen. Went out around 2 pm, but wasn't home by her 8 pm curfew, which is when her mom contacted the authorities, I think.

They found her body in a recycling bin on Monday.

Last night, they arrested two teenaged neighbors (12 and 15) in connection with her death. She had been strangled. They accused the older boy of luring her to the house to exchange bicycle parts. Apparently, these kids swiped bikes, and then exchanged parts with other kids. Their own Mom turned them in after spotting something on one of their FaceBook pages.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Have you guys been keeping track of the Autumn Pasquale case? I think she was 12.

She disappeared in a little town in NJ over the weekend. She had been on a white BMX style bicycle the last time she was seen. Went out around 2 pm, but wasn't home by her 8 pm curfew, which is when her mom contacted the authorities, I think.

They found her body in a recycling bin on Monday.

Last night, they arrested two teenaged neighbors (12 and 15) in connection with her death. She had been strangled. They accused the older boy of luring her to the house to exchange bicycle parts. Apparently, these kids swiped bikes, and then exchanged parts with other kids. Their own Mom turned them in after spotting something on one of their FaceBook pages.
    I saw that. I don't think the Mom had any choice,no matter how much you love your son. Such a tragic thing.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hard choice to make, but that mom did the right thing IMO. Very sad all around.

fgg

i'd call the police in an instant, i don't care whose kid it is!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

The mum did the right thing in the Autumn case. The boys are 15 and 17. Unbelievable what goes on.

They made an arrest. I cannot copy and paste though on my phone. Hope they got the son of a bitch.

Police: Suspect in Jessica Ridgeway murder is 17 year old boy

Posted: 10/24/2012 11:25:11 AM MDT

October 24, 2012 5:57 PM GMTUpdated: 10/24/2012 11:57:04 AM MDT

The Denver Postdenverpost.com

A man stops to have a moment, Monday, Oct. 15, 2012, at memorial for Jessica Ridgeway along West 82nd Avenue in Arvada. (RJ Sangosti, The Denver Post)

Austin Reed Sigg (Westminster Police Dept.)

Related

Westminster police have arrested a 17 year old boy for investigation of the murder of Jessica Ridgeway.
    Austin Reed Sigg was arrested late Tuesday night after police received a tip that led them to a home near Ketner Lake Open Space, according to a news release from the Westminster Police Department.
    Authorities also said that charges will be filed against Sigg for the May 28 attempted abduction of an adult jogger near Ketner Lake, which authorities confirmed earlier this week was connected to Jessica's kidnapping and murder.
    Sigg will be charged with two counts of murder in the first degree and a second-degree kidnapping charge, among others.
    According to police documents, Sigg is a student Arapahoe Community
    Jessica Ridgeway. More photos. (The Denver Post)

College.
    On March 23, Sigg won second place in the Crime Scene Investigation division of the Health Occupation Students of America State Leadership Conference competition.
    Police will release additional information at a news conference at 12:05 p.m. at the Westminster Police Department.
    On Monday, police confirmed between Jessica's disappearance on the morning Oct. 5 and the attempted abduction of an adult jogger on Memorial Day near Ketner Lake. That woman told authorities that a man attempted to cover her face with a chemical-soaked rag.
    The woman said she initially jogged past the man before he grabbed her from behind, "trying to put a rag over her mouth. She said the rag had a chemical smell on it. She was able to get away and call 911 from her cellphone."
    The woman described the man as white or light-skinned and between 18 and 30 years old, with brown hair and a medium build. He was about 5 feet 8 inches tall.
    Jessica disappeared after she left her Westminster home to walk to school. Her body was found 11 miles away in an Arvada open space on Oct. 9.

Well I'm glad they caught the sick son of a bitch.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

17? Holy shit. I'm so glad they caught him!

If this is the guy, it's kind of chilling that he not only seems to have multiple instances of predatory behavior, but had an interest in CSI technology and techniques.
    Seapharris7 likes this.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread Information