Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: 10 year old Colorado girl vanishes on way to school

An all too-familiar ending to yet another little child's life.

At least they found her, and I hope it was quickly enough to secure some physical evidence. Not exactly the bright side, but it's something.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Oh no. Peace and comfort to her family.

Elite Member

Oh no. My son actually told me about this a couple of days ago, he had seen the story on MSN and made me look it up. DD came over to look too and I told her that this little girl was missing and asked both my kids to pray for her. I know the parents must be heartbroken.

I don't get it. The police just had a press conference and they still didn't confirm whether it was Jessica's body. They said they had worked through the night to confirm the identify of the body. Jessica has only been missing for about 6 days, and the body was found on dry land. I don't see how her body would be in a physical state after such a short time that positively identifying her would take that long.

That's where you're wrong. We have a lot of wildlife in heavily populated areas here. The body was in an "Open Space", which is basically space between neighborhoods that is designated to stay as "wild" as practical. There was undoubtedly a lot of predation on the body, particularly since we're maybe a couple weeks away from real winter weather. its already snowed here twice.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    That's where you're wrong. We have a lot of wildlife in heavily populated areas here. The body was in an "Open Space", which is basically space between neighborhoods that is designated to stay as "wild" as practical. There was undoubtedly a lot of predation on the body, particularly since we're maybe a couple weeks away from real winter weather. its already snowed here twice.
    Yup, that's a good point that I hadn't thought of. Even so, I would think you would still have a pretty good amount of evidence of clothing that she was was wearing, the size and sex of the victim, etc.

They won't risk making an error that way.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I don't know what to think anymore. They also found the car that was involved in the sighting of Jessica in Maine. It was found abandoned in NH.

N.H. Police: Abandoned car may be connected to Jessica Ridgeway search

Posted on: 8:59 am, October 11, 2012, by Will C. Holden, updated on: 09:04am, October 11, 2012

A station wagon with Colorado license plates that may be related to the search for missing Westminster 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway was found abandoned behind a Portsmouth, N.H. Walmart and towed away on Oct. 11, 2012. (Photo: Charles McMahon/Seacoastonline.com)

PORTSMOUTH, N.H. — Police have cordoned off an area behind a Walmart in Portsmouth, New Hampshire and are investigating an abandoned car that may be connected to the search for missing Westminster 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway.

According to the Seacoast Online newspaper, Police had a K9 unit on scene Thursday morning and were investigating both the car, described as a blue station wagon with Colorado plates, and the area around it.

This news comes a day after police in the town of Dexter, Maine said they received a call from a woman who reportedly saw a girl matching Ridgeway’s description in a similar blue station wagon that also had Colorado plates. Dexter police said the caller reported spotting that vehicle on Sunday, and they also said there was a similar sighting reported in the nearby town of Harmony.

Portsmouth Police Sgt. Kuffer Kaltenborn said the vehicle discovered in New Hampshire Thursday matches the description of the one spotted in Maine. However, he said there is no further information that indicates it’s tied to that case just yet.

Authorities searching for Ridgeway said on Wednesday in Westminster that they have received hundreds of tips from multiple states in the process of their investigation. Ridgeway was last seen leaving her house on her walk to Witt Elementary School at 8:30 a.m. on Oct. 5.

Westminster police discovered a body approximately six miles south of Ridgeway’s home at the Pattridge Park open space area in Arvada on Wednesday. They addressed the media Thursday morning, but did not identify the body or give any indication about if it is related to the search for Ridgeway.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Yup, that's a good point that I hadn't thought of. Even so, I would think you would still have a pretty good amount of evidence of clothing that she was was wearing, the size and sex of the victim, etc.
    We don't know if the body was found with clothing or even if it was dumped intact.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

^ I am not sure what to think too, it's a bit confusing. Sadly, I think the girl is already dead.

I hate seeing young kids alone by themselves. Yesterday, at 6:30 (it was getting dark), I saw a boy walking alone home. He must have been about 8 and he was along a road that gets some traffic, but quickly turns into rural streets. Someone could easily follow the kid to an area where he can be snatched up. My brother and I had to have a walking buddy when going places until we were about 12ish and we had to be home right when we noticed the sun going down (unless we were right outside our house).

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    We don't know if the body was found with clothing or even if it was dumped intact.
    I was kind of not allowing myself to think of that, but it would definitely interfere with the ability to identify her.

Maybe it's standard police protocol that even if they have what they think are the remains, without final confirmation, that they still say they are looking for her:

"Police searching for missing Colorado schoolgirl Jessica Ridgeway found a body late Wednesday near the spot where she vanished, but at a brief press conference Thursday they said they were continuing to hunt for the 10-year-old."

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    My brother and I had to have a walking buddy when going places until we were about 12ish and we had to be home right when we noticed the sun going down (unless we were right outside our house).
    In retrospect, I think my parents were trying to get rid of me when I was a child. They would drop me off at museums in downtown Pittsburgh when I was 10, and then pick me up hours later. Or let me wander blocks and blocks away from my grandmother's place (with my 6-year-old brother) -- to the point where I got so lost I had to have a cab take me back. I still remember it cost $2 with tip.

I walked by myself to school at age 9-10, about a mile. Through an area with one sidewalk and sparse, swampy woods in Florida. I don't think it was that big of a deal, there were houses and apartments around. I would never blame the mother here.

Even though Jessica's parents are divorced and were fighting over custody, they were holding hands while they talked at one of the press conferences. At one point, they were both in each other's arms sobbing. It's hard to keep myself together just thinking about it.

I just heard on the radio that the body was dismembered. I'll see if I can find a news story.

ETA: Here's the story. Video at the link.

Jessica Ridgeway search: Westminster police say body found is not intact
    POSTED: 10/11/2012 06:44:25 AM MDT
    UPDATED: 10/11/2012 12:40:07 PM MDTBy Kieran Nicholson
    The Denver Post

Jessica Ridgeway. More photos. (The Denver Post)
    RELATED
    Oct 11:

Search continues for missing Westminster girl Jessica Ridgeway

WESTMINSTER — Westminster police spokesman Trevor Materasso said the body found Wednesday afternoon is not intact, which is slowing positive identification.

The family of Jessica Ridgeway was notified that the police department would reveal that the body found near Pattridge Park Open Space in Arvada was dismembered, Materasso said Thursday afternoon.

Police do not expect to confirm the identity of the body until at least Friday.

"At this point, we don't have additional information we can provide," Materasso said at briefing at about 12:15 p.m.

Materasso said early Thursday that canvassing in Westminster neighborhoods near where Jessica disappeared will continue, as will searches in other open

RTD buses that appeared to be carrying additional investigators arrived early Thursday at Westminster police headquarters. Other buses continued to bring teams of law enforcement throughout the morning. There are 35 agencies participating in the investigation Thursday.

Parts of some roads will remain closed Thursday as investigators work the crime scene where the body was found in Arvada near the Pattridge Park Open Space. Arvada police said that includes West 82nd Avenue between Colorado 93 and Indiana Street.

Federal and police investigators swarmed a grassy area north of West 82nd Avenue and east of the BFI landfill on Wednesday. They were aided by lights and were using a firetruck's extended ladder to get a better view. Their work was focused near a building that appears to be a remnant of an old mining operation.

Jessica was last seen at 8:30 a.m. Oct. 5 as she left her home on Moore Street in Westminster. She was to meet with classmates at nearby Chelsea Park to walk to Witt Elementary, but she

Police search fields west of Standley Lake Thursday morning as the investigation into the Jessica Ridgeway case continues with officers from all over the metro area fanning out into multiple locations. (Steve Nehf, The Denver Post)
    never arrived at school that morning. Her mother, Sarah Ridgeway, a night-shift worker, slept during the day and awoke to find a message that her daughter never made it to school and reported her missing around 4:30 p.m. Oct. 5.
    On Sunday Jessica's backpack was found in Superior. Police have said it is being analyzed for DNA evidence.

Investigators have ruled out Jessica's parents as possible suspects in the 10-year-old's disappearance, focusing on an unknown suspect

An Arvada police officer watches over the crime scene early in the morning, Thursday, October 11, 2012, on Leyden Road in west Arvada. (RJ Sangosti, The Denver Post)
    who is believed to have abducted her.
    On Thursday the Federal Bureau of Investigation announced that the case of a child abduction in Cody, Wyo., is not related to Jessica's disappearance. In the Cody case, an 11-year-old girl and a friend were approached Oct. 8 by a man in a white sports utility vehicle who asked for help finding his lost puppy. When the 11-year-old approached the vehicle, the man showed a pistol and told her to get into the front passenger seat.

The girl was released, but the perpetrator is still at large. The FBI said investigators do not believe the Colorado and Wyoming cases are related.

Read more: Jessica Ridgeway search: Westminster police say body found is not intact - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...#ixzz291CU3h6O

I hope she is still alive somewhere somehow but it doesn't look good. Even if she is - then some other poor kid was killed and dismembered. It really doesn't get much worse than this.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information