Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: 10 year old Colorado girl vanishes on way to school

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    who watches her at night while the mother is working?
    That was one of my first thoughts too.

I walked to school when I was 10. They didn't call your house when you skipped school then. Awful that so many hours passed before the cops were notified, but I don't blame either the school or working parent for that. Hope this doesn't become another Kyron story.
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    who watches her at night while the mother is working?
    Good question. Do they know that she left the house at all? I hate to say it, but we all know that a lot of these cases end with something happening to the child in her own home.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Good question. Do they know that she left the house at all? I hate to say it, but we all know that a lot of these cases end with something happening to the child in her own home.
    I saw both of the parents interviewed on HLN this morning. They seemed pretty authentically grief stricken. Both in tears. The fact that the backpack was found 6 miles away concerns me. Like it might have been tossed out the car window while the person was driving away....

The grandma lives with them and looks after the girl while the mum works.

Apparently there may be sightings of her in Maine, in a blue Buick with Colorado plates.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I hope they get her home quickly. poor thing.

ETA: http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/P...173523921.html

Possible Jessica Ridgeway Sighting in Maine

[IMG]http://media.graytvinc.com/images/300*300/jessica+ridgeway+3.jpg[/IMG]

Police in Westminster investigating the disappearance of Jessica Ridgeway are taking possible sightings of the 10-year-old in Maine seriously.
    Police in Maine are looking for a vehicle that could be related to Jessica’s disappearance.
    According to Dexter Main Police Sergeant Alan Ginnell, a woman claimed she saw a girl that looked like Jessica at about 4 p.m. on Sunday in Dexter, about 30 miles northwest of Bangor, Maine.
    The woman said the girl was in a light blue Buick with Colorado license plates. The car had roof racks but she did not see the license plate number.
    The woman who called police said she did not know about the missing girl investigation until Tuesday when she was surfing the internet and saw the information about the search for Jessica.
    Westminster police spokesman Trevor Materasso said they are taking the possible sighting of Jessica seriously and are working with police in Maine.
    Ridgeway is now listed on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children list. The following is known about her disappearance:
    -Jessica Ridgeway, 10, disappeared on her way to school Friday morning. After leaving home on foot, she never met up with friends she normally walks to school with at Chelsea Park. The park is about three blocks from her home and about a mile from the school.
    - When she didn’t arrive at Witt Elementary School in Westminster, Jefferson County Schools officials tried to contact her mother. They made a call at 10 a.m. but were only able to leave a voicemail. Ridgeway’s mother, who works an overnight shift and sleeps during the day, didn’t get the message until 4:30 p.m. and immediately contacted Westminster police.
    - It took about five hours before the protocols were met in the case for the Colorado Bureau of Investigation to call an Amber Alert.
    - Ridgeway’s backpack was found on the sidewalk near Alpha Court and Andrew Drive in the Rock Creek neighborhood in Superior. That’s 6.4 miles away from her home. It’s unknown so far at what point the backpack wound up there.
    - The CBI is analyzing the backpack for DNA evidence and is collecting evidence from Ridgeway’s home for comparison.
    - Searches have taken place around Jessica’s home and her school, as well as in open space areas in Westminster. Another area that has undergone an extensive search is Rock Creek and open space areas near there.
    A dozen different police agencies are helping Westminster police in their search for Ridgeway.

I hope this time it pans out. Poor little darling.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Check this out:

Could Wyoming Abduction Be Related to Jessica Ridgeway Disappearance? - ABC News

By CLAYTON SANDELL (@Clayton_Sandell) and CHRISTINA NG (@ChristinaNg27)
    Oct. 9, 2012
    FBI agents are investigating if there is a connection between the case of missing Colorado 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway and the abduction of an 11-year-old in Wyoming on Monday.

Authorities say they do not yet know if there could be a connection, but FBI Denver spokesman Dave Joly said, "We are covering all of our bases."

On Monday afternoon, an 11-year-old girl in Cody, Wyo., was lured to a white SUV by a man who approached her and two friends. He told them that he was missing his black lab puppy and asked if they could help him find it, police said.

One of the little girls agreed to help him and climbed into the front seat of the vehicle and he drove away. Forty-five minutes later, one of the other children called the police to say that her friend had gotten in the car and not returned.

An Amber Alert was issued around 6:45 p.m. and police received a report at 8:15 p.m. of a little girl walking down Spirit Mountain Road, just outside Cody. Authorities confirmed that it was the missing girl.

"[The girl] reported that when she approached the suspect vehicle, the suspect brandished a 'pistol' and directed her to get in the front passenger seat of the vehicle," the Cody Police Department wrote in a report. "The suspect then drove the victim onto Carter Mountain where he sexually assaulted her."

Yeah, I saw that report. That is quite the drive though, about 8-9 hours from Cody to the Denver metro area.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Cops Find Body in Jessica Ridgeway Search

By Clayton Sandell

(AP Photo/Westminster Colorado Police Department)Police have found an unidentified body in in an Arvada, Colo., park, just a few miles from where 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway went missing last Friday.
    It could take time to make a positive identification of the body found in the Pattridge Park open space in Arvada, police said, and officials haven't tied the crime scene to the missing girl.
    "The Arvada Police Department and Westminster Police Department are working jointly with additional resources to process that crime scene," Westminster, Colo., police investigator Trevor Materasso told reporters this evening. "At this time, we're unable to make any connection to the disappearance of Jessica Ridgeway. That crime scene will exist through the evening and into tomorrow morning."
    However, investigators believe it is the body of the 10-year old who vanished last week on her walk to school, sources told ABC News.
    Earlier today, investigators said Jessica's parents were not suspects in her disappearance, which they referred to as a likely abduction.
    "At this point in the investigation, after thoroughly looking at the parents, we're confident that they're not involved in the disappearance of Jessica Ridgeway," Materasso said earlier. "The focus shifts to an unknown suspect, as we think that she was abducted."
    Sarah Ridgeway told police she last saw her daughter in Westminster, Colo., last Friday morning when Jessica left for school. The fifth-grader never showed up at a nearby park where she was supposed to meet friends for the one-mile walk to her elementary school.
    The school called to report Jessica absent, but Sarah Ridgeway told police she was asleep during the day because she works overnights and did not get the call until eight hours later, when she called police.
    Also Read
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Oh no, so awful. ^

So sad. I hope they find the monster that did this to her before he strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    ^ What do they do if no one answers the phone or they can't reach a contact?

I don't know the answer to that, because I have always answered my phone. I have forgetten to call in a few times over the years with the girls, on mornings that they have a doctor or orthodontics appointment first thing. And I always get a call that they were unaccounted for at 1st period and where are they? So I am not sure what the school policy is, if no one is reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    So sad. I hope they find the monster that did this to her before he strikes again.
    Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    Oh no, so awful. ^
    It sounds like they haven't confirmed that the body is Jessica's yet. Or the age or sex of the body. Supposedly, a press conference is imminent, if it's not happening right now. So, I think we will know in less than an hour.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information