View Poll Results: Have you played The Sims PC game?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it fun

54 85.71%
  • No

7 11.11%
  • What the heck is The Sims?

2 3.17%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The Sims

The kids I have in one family drop their homework in the livingroom. THat's where the desk with the computer is at.
    I know this sounds mean, but one family had too many kids, so I clicked adoption. Well, they gave me a child. I thought they would take it away. So I build a wall around the baby so no one could get to it. I was glad to see the social worker.
    Having twins is no joke in this game. Way too much clicking.
    Sims 3 comes out in 2009. I wonder how it will be different, becasue I think the Sims 2 is brilliant!!
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I'd like to try to build a house, decorate it and dress the people. I went to the official Sims site and I can't figure out how the heck it works. I see other people's screenshots and all that.

Can someone direct me to where I can find the simplest version to get me started? I'd like to goof off on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I'd like to try to build a house, decorate it and dress the people. I went to the official Sims site and I can't figure out how the heck it works. I see other people's screenshots and all that.

Can someone direct me to where I can find the simplest version to get me started? I'd like to goof off on Sunday.
    Chalet dont go to the offical site, most of the crap on there is already created by creators who surpassed Maxis downloadable crap. The only thing to pick up from there would be patches, located under tools and help. To get you started with custom content, try Sims2Wiki, catagories of stuff you want for your game should be listed and direct you to websites from the sims community.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Okay Fierce, I don't know what the heck you said, lol, but I'm up for a challenge. Thanks. I think. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post

I haven't read the whole thread, Chalet, but are you looking to get started for the first time? You'd have to actually buy the PC game, it's not an online thing (that I know of, anyway). There are various expansion packs (like University, Seasons, Pets), and every few expansions they probably put out a bundle of three or so.

You can also download new skins, clothes, objects and whatnot from a variety of free or pay sites legally, and you extract them into your Game Data folders (instructions usually can be found with the downloads). My favourite part of the game is decorating and setting up houses.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Ohhh, well that answers that. I thought I could play online. No wonder I was clicking and clicking saying Huh?

If you're ever in the mood for a new game though, I think you'd love it. It's just really clever.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I think I'm about to have to re-format my computer. It's so slow it isn't even functional anymore. I'm really worried about The Sims because I don't even still have the original disks that I used to install the game or any of the expansion packs. Will it be deleted?

I recently deleted all of my neighborhoods and I'm making a subdivision with an adorable "town square" modeled after Seaside, Florida.

There are two families. The first one is modeled after the Gilmore girls- grandparents and their adult daughter who has a toddler. The adult daughter and toddler live in a small cottage with their cat. There is also a hot single father who also has a toddler. He lives in a townhome downtown. I plan for him to marry the single mother and they will raise the children together and possibly have one of their own.

I think you need the original disks to re-install. I'm not 100% sure though. You might be able to save your stories/sims. Go onto sims2.com and check out the forum to see if you can find something out about it.

I got the new EP, Bon Voyage, my game has crashed twice since I installed it. So this past weekend I went and cleaned up all my downloads and the game has worked perfect! Its so much fun! You can dig for treasure on the beach, comb for seashells, go swimming in the ocean, sunbathe (and get burnt), explore tourist attractions. I've only been to Twikii Island so far, I haven't been to the other two destinations. I had a couple that got engaged and married on vacation, she got pregnant, went downstairs for a snack, and the grim reaper came and got her! The guy was sleeping so I couldn't get him to beg for her life. I felt so bad for the hubby. Hes okay now though, he found a new love interest. I have the same kind of thing going on SB, I have a single father, with a toddler, and a single mother with a toddler, I want to hook those two up.
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

I have the Sims 2 and I am very addicted to playing it. I've spent countless hours on that game!

But I haven't played it that much until just recently and when I went back to my neighborhoods, I realized they were all gone and the whole game had restarted as if I had never played it before.

So all my saved neighborhoods and families were gone. Does anyone know why that may have happened??? Does it just delete them and start over if you don't play it for awhile? I just wondered.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information