View Poll Results: Have you played The Sims PC game?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it fun

54 85.71%
  • No

7 11.11%
  • What the heck is The Sims?

2 3.17%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Sims

Default Re: The Sims

I go through periods of addiction. It seems that everytime I get bored they come out with a new expansion pack. I've been playing The Sims 2 and the character I was playing (named Brit Brit) is a little trashy. She just got pregnant by one of her 4 boyfriends and had twins. They like to play in the toilet.....Kevin must be the father
    Boom, I got your boyfriend, boom I got your man.

What are y'alls Sim families like? Right now I am playing two families:

The Morgans: Frank and Carol and their twin girls, Callie and Frances
    and
    The McLemores: Todd and Laurie and their two children, Andrew and Katie

They both live in a neighborhood that I created called Pleasantville. The adults don't work, mainly because I find it impossible to get them enough friends for them to be promoted at their jobs. All of my neighborhoods include a shopping center that I made and uploaded to my lots and houses bin and a fancy "date" restaurant that I named "Winston's" with a patio and garden.

Right now, I'm shopping for new clothes for the adults on MTS2. Does anyone else have trouble finding outfits for the female adults that would be appropriate for a mother without being matronly? Almost everything I come across is either gothic, inappropriate/trashy looking, too fancy for everyday wear, or matronly. I have a couple of outfits that I downloaded that are great- tasteful, stylish sweaters with jeans and big necklaces and couple of sundresses- but other than that I can't find much. I want some outfits that look like they came from Banana Republic, Ralph Lauren, or The Gap. My boyfriend makes so much fun of me when he sees me playing this game but it's entertaining and it passes the time!!! I don't really do it when I'm in school, but on summer vacation when there's nothing else to do, it's a guilty pleasure.

Bronze Member

Eli

Where's the 'Yes, it sucks!' option?
    Got The Sinms games for my 17th and I hate it. They just can't piss in the hallway when I decide to leave for five seconds! It's unnacceptable!

I love the sims, its way too addicting though. Ive been trying to stay away since the weather got nice. I just read an article about Amerie and Kelly Rowland, that they are both addicted to it. I don't feel like such a geek when I read something like that. Usually I end up spending all my time building a crazy huge house.

Southernbelle...try simchic.com, or homesims2 go into "fashion" on the left hand side, and then scroll down a bit, you'll find all kinds of clothes

these two sites are my fav for clothing
    Last edited by silver024; July 9th, 2007 at 08:33 AM.
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Thanks Silver!! I found some really cute outfits on homesims2. I'm going to download them as soon as I get back to my apartment.

I LOVE this game. It's quite sad how addicted I once was to it.

Been playing this stupid game off an on for years since The Sims 1 first came out...I get all addicted for 3 days and then feel no desire to play it at all until months later it starts all over again. It's so pathetic. Stay away from it people if you haven't tried it. : P I think I sold part of my soul to EA

I think the funnest part is just going around to all the sites and downloading EVERYTHING... in fact that's pretty much all I do..because all the stuff you start with is just plain ugly.
    I even bought a PS2 when they first released The Sims on it just to play it on the system... and like when The Sims 2 Seasons came out I bought every damn expansion pack for The Sims 2 which I hadn't played at all for a year...only to play it for a few days and then stop again. lol.

I wish the little characters weren't so "robot"-ish ...i think that's what looses my interest so quickly....now they are coming out with "My Sims" or something? have any of you heard of that? totally looks stupid to me.

anyway, it's sucked up a lot of my money but I can't really help it!

....just waiting for the sims 3 to come out now

I think the worst expansion pack is the University one.... it gets REALLY tedious getting them through college and I wish they had a cheat to speed it up. Sometimes I get bored with it and stop playing for months, then come back and delete everything so I can start all over again.

I don't have Seasons yet, but I'm hoping I'll get it for my birthday in a week (mainly because some of the custom content I want to install from websites requires it).

I want the Seasons expansion. Anyone have that one? I have Nightlife. That is so fun!
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    I want the Seasons expansion. Anyone have that one? I have Nightlife. That is so fun!
    I've got Seasons. I bought it because there's the education carrer track (which is in the original Sims, but for some reason wasn't put in Sims 2?). It was kind of an impulse buy because these games killed my last computer so I hate the thought of continually buying expansion packs and taking up space on the new computer but...I digress.

It IS fun to see the different changes in weather, really fun but that's really it. I mean there's new carrer paths, and there's new activities that you can do (including gardening and fishing). I was expecting more new 'things', but you didn't really get much. A lot of kitchen things, but that was it really. I've been trying to get my Sims to get sunburned, but for some reason I can't do it. And winter in Simland sucks as much as winter in real life. And it bugs me that the kids still go to school in the summer, but you can actually alter the seasons too, (for example have four summers) so maybe that has something to do with it? I also find that it's harder to be promoted (you need more friends, which is a pain in the ass). Oh, and on the back of the box it shows that there's a wishing well object, and I can't for the life of me find it to buy, earn or put in community lots.

/ramble
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    Ive done that and also built a pool and they eventually drowned. You have to take the ladder away though. Oh and Ive also put them in a room with no windows and deleted the door. But the fire is faster How evil am I?
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who enjoys killing their Sims...

Fire, removing all ladders from the pool.... it's all fun! And then getting the surviving ones to grieve until they collapse from exhaustion!

I like building the houses, but then I get bored and give up for a while. Or kill them!

I have all the expansion packs...I can't wait for the "Bon Voyage" one to come out. I know what you mean about University Southernbelle, it takes forever to get them through even the first year! The last one was kind of cool though because I had two families that were friends, the girls grew up together and went to college together, lived in the same house so they were best friends, until the one's boyfriend fell in love with the other girl, then they hated each other and would constantly fight.

My boyfriend infected our computer with spyware, so I got stuck reformatting....which means I lost all my downloads for The Sims, I did actually save them to a disk to see if they would work when I redid everything. So wednesday I finally got the computer up and running. Guess what Ive done the past few days?? Download all kinds of crap for the Sims! I did put my disks in and take a few things off, but I kind of liked starting over, I remembered how stupid some of the stuff I had downloaded looked, so I didn't bother with it. I am dying to play because Ive been so busy downloading things I haven't played yet. My favorite part is building the houses, I spend hours on houses, painting the walls and trying different floors, furnishing it..and then when it comes time for a family to move in, I get bored and start building a new house. I really hate this game for being so addicting.
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Talking My Sims

My fav pixel hobby, these are some characters I created awhile back.

(Click and enlarge.)

Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

I love the Sims. I have the Sims 2 and play it a lot. Of course, I cheat and get all the money I can to deck out my houses.

Has anyone played the Sims 2 Pets game yet? I wanna buy it but want to know if its any good first.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information