Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nintendo Wii

Well the thing is, they're saying it's at least twice as powerful as the original gamecube, and one and a half times as powerful as the xbox. Now I understand wii is nowhere near the other two next gen systems in terms of power, that wasn't nintendo's intent. I also understand these are first gen games and those tend to be not as good as later releases as developers harness the power of the system.

That said, it seems like some of these wii releases were rushed and the graphics could have been done on a nintendo 64 as one of the reviews alluded to. Sure I'm not buying it for PS3 like capabilities, but I am still paying to get graphics that are better than the gamecube.

Compare Red Steel to Far Cry Vengeance, both from Ubisoft studios. For a first gen game, Red Steel looks damned good. The shimmering water effects and light source effects are simply stunning and look next gen quality. Then look at Far Cry, it looks like a nintendo 64 graphics.

hehe you should try some xbox360 clunkers.. like Burnout revenge, or 'Gun'. Absolutely fucking horrible.

it's only NOW that good games are starting to come out with any regularity.. call of duty 2 and 3 (gorgeous), gears of war (a complete work of art, SO impressed), etc.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by sherbear905 View Post
    Did he have good stories about the people around him? We heard the crowd waiting at our ToysRUs were a little "angry", and people were afraid to leave their post.

He had great stories to tell. His group was very nice. One guy left and came back with Starbucks for the other 20 in line. Very cool.

A*O

Phew! I bought the Zelda game for my son. Lucky choice it seems. He gets his birthday prezzie on Saturday so fingers crossed.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Oh one more thing before I forget, get a AA battery that's rechargeable, because those remotes eat up battery power like crazy! Or you can buy the special lithium type, those things last like 20 times the ordinary ones!

OCD

Hmm you weren't at the South Hill Mall Target were ya? My 30 year old husband was there from 2 am until 8 am, and he said about 50 POed people left with no Wii.

We got ours though. We would have never stood in line for something so dumb your gonna be able to buy a week after Christmas, but his boss said "Oh this year I'm buying everyone a Wii as your bonus- if you can find one."

SO......I'm happy it looks fun, though I wouldn't have bought one otherwise.

If anyone is still interested...this URL has real-time status on pre-orders from most online retailers.

http://www.refreshthing.com/index.ph...%2F&timeout=60
    debauched.

OK, the Wii is open, and I am officially invisible to my son.

SVZ

huzzah!

Quote Originally Posted by sherbear905 View Post
    OK, the Wii is open, and I am officially invisible to my son.
    You just bought an esxpensive babysitter. Go relax
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information