Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 1 yr old screwed up my email---can anyone help me??

Lynnie, I'm just trying to eliminate some problems. Could you go to one of your sent emails that are blank and just try highlighting the blank area and see if you can see the text? It could be a font issue.

If it's still a problem, also have a try of this: Go to Tools>Options>Mail format>Stationery and Fonts>select <none>

We'll keep trying things until we get it, hopefully!

If you can still get on the Internet, search with words like "email blank", "Outlook not working", even "baby messed up computer" , etc, words that describe your problem. Keep looking and modifying your search, you should find forums that the IT people frequent and help each other with problems. I have fixed many problems in this way. It's worth a try.

I just googled "sending emails blank outlook", and brought up some sites. You could try that, I'll keep looking too. Having the email screwed up is really frustrating. Also check Rules and Filtering or Filters, he may have accidently set up a new Rule for outgoing mail...
    Last edited by Ava'sGhost; April 1st, 2008 at 02:05 AM.

Hi LynnieD

Did you get the problem sorted out?
    "In an underdeveloped country don't drink the water. In a developed country don't breathe the air." - Jonathan Raban.

No, not yet. I honestly haven't been emailing much, so I haven't had the opportunity to really sit down and look around for the answer.

Its just frustrating---I mean she BARELY touched the damn thing--how did she fuck it up so badly??

I will take some time NOW and see if I can come up with something.

Thank you all for your suggestions! Much appreciated!

I've been looking, with not too much good luck. The IT forums that I have found so far have not come up with a solution to this problem, even though it has been reported since 2002. You may have to back up data that you want to save, then reinstall the Operating System, which will reinstall the email program. Then you will have to reinstall printers, other programs, cameras, games, etc. It's really not as hard as it sounds, BUT if you can't find any other solution, I will try to help walk you through this. I know how frustrating this can be...and I'll keep looking for you
    Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder

From Yahoo Answers:

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

Many problems (blank email text that you cannot read on new/old emails, error on page, etc.) can be resolved by the following browser cleanup steps:

1. Close all browser windows. 2. Open a new browser window. 3. Click on Tools at the top of your screen. 4. Click on the bottom choice - Internet Options. 5. On the Internet Options drop-down menu, go to the middle section titled Temporary Internet Files. 6. Delete all cookies (button in the middle) 7. Delete all temporary-files (button in the middle) - this step took about 3 minutes - patience! 8. Clear History (button on bottom right-hand corner) when done with all cleanups, click OK at the bottom of the Internet Options screen. This did work for me, Good luck!

I don't know if this is your prob-maybe?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Apart from the fonds things I have no idea.

But I love your kid for being such a little rascal, lol.

Good luck, Lynnie!
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

CastleCops® Receiving blank emails when sending email reply

or

OFFXP: Description of the "Discard My Customized Settings ..." Option

If you can restore your settings to the default, that may help. You may have to set up your e-mail settings from your ISP again, but they can walk you through that (or often they have instructions on their site. Other possibility, while banging happily away maybe she blocked it in your firewall or changed firewall settings?? Try turning off all firewall/antivirus JUST LONG ENOUGH to send an e-mail and turn them right back on. Would help eliminate possiblities. I don't see a need to totally wipe your computer for this, it should be fixable.
    Don't worry about what other people think. They don't do it very often.

Seriously, thank you all for your time and assistance!

Somehow, and I have no clue how this happened, but the damn email is working now fine. I can reply to a sender and they get the text.

Being of little obvious computer knowledge, I do not know how the hell this happened.

BUT, I do appreciate all of your help. I was very frustrated and thank you for holding my hand! I need that a lot!

Thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information