Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The most overhyped gadgets ever

^ That sounds like a good deal to me. I refuse to illegally download music. I've been using Pandora on my iPhone lately. I've never heard of the Zune (or I have, but didnt' pay attention). Sounds cool

I have half of this stuff. I love my Kindle. Love, love, love it. Books for 9.99 and less. It's a deal. The Zune, in my opinion, is a bit cooler than the iPod. I love the features that Southernbelle was talking about. Unlimited songs for $15 is a bargain. PS3, great. Gaming system and blu ray player. Also, I've got an iPhone. I love it, but I hate the provider. AT&T sucks in my part of LA.

Well I love my iphone. But I admit that I probably wouldn't have picked it for myself. My husband decided that we MUST have those.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

You have a good husband, MrsDark!
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

I love my Zune too. The software is the only thing about it that sucks ass, but I use MediaMonkey to make playlists and just import them into the Zune.

Ipods are way more overhyped. I see people using the white Ipod ear buds (most uncomfortable earphones ever) with non-Ipod players just to give the appearance of using an Ipod. That is the definition of over-hyped, IMO.

I love the ipod/phone earphones. I don't even feel them, they also have great sound... that is probably why people use them for other players.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

*SNORT* I hate the ipod headphones.. i have big princess leia earmuff ones.. great sound.

I lurv my ipod. Simple, elegant, easy to use an the battery lasts forever. No bullshit microsuck copy protection bullshit strangling what I listen to.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Bite me, Grimm! I know you snuggle with your ipod earphones! That is why you don't want to wear them and get earwax on them.

Anways, there are better models of earphones that's for sure if you want to pay for them.... But most of the standard earphones that come with mp3 players suck dick and the iearphones are pretty good being standard and all.

Well yes, for what they are they're good. Just not good enough for ME, cuz i'm fucking special like that
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

I have a Zune and I love it. The interface is easier to use than the Ipod. Plus it has an FM receiver which can come in handy.

enjoy your DRM nightmare

Elite Member

What is DRM? We've had Zunes for about 2 years and no problems.

Digital Rights Management.. basically, Microsoft being anal about pirating. Look it up on Wiki. Say you wanted to send someone else a track so they could listen to it.. they would be able to listen to it 3 tiems before DRM kicked in and after that, it wouldn't play.

All sorts of irritatingly stupid shit like that.

Elite Member

Palm Foleo - What is this? I have never heard of it.

more on DRM via mocrosuck..

Microsoft Zune - When Microsoft introduced their Zune[53] media player in 2006, it did not support content that uses Microsoft's own PlaysForSure DRM scheme they had previously been selling. The EFF calls this "a raw deal".[54]

MSN Music - In April 2008, Microsoft sent an email to former customers of the now-defunct MSN Music store: "As of August 31, 2008, we will no longer be able to support the retrieval of license keys for the songs you purchased from MSN Music or the authorization of additional computers. You will need to obtain a license key for each of your songs downloaded from MSN Music on any new computer, and you must do so before August 31, 2008. If you attempt to transfer your songs to additional computers after August 31, 2008, those songs will not successfully play."[55]

However, to avoid a public relations disaster, Microsoft re-issued MSN Music shutdown statement on June 19th and allowed the users to use their licenses till the end of 2011: "After careful consideration, Microsoft has decided to continue to support the authorization of new computers and devices and delivery of new license keys for MSN Music customers through at least the end of 2011, after which we will evaluate how much this functionality is still being used and what steps should be taken next to support our customers. This means you will continue to be able to listen to your purchased music and transfer your music to new PCs and devices beyond the previously announced August 31, 2008 date."[56]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information