Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Proof the Video Game Industry is Out of Ideas (E3 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by nancydrew View Post
    No, we have more kid friendly games on the Wii. I've played COD on both 360 and PS3 and I prefer the 360. Haven't even attempted it on the Wii.
    Holy smoke - you have the Wii, 360, and the PS3???

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I haven't played COD 4 yet.. I've played up till COD: Modern Warfare, which was all kinds of fun.

COD: World at War was a bitch.. those damn Japanese are tenacious, suicidal motherfuckers.
    COD 4 is Modern Warfare 1 its the one with the Ferris Wheel, War Room and Mile High, then there was COD 5 which is World at War, where one had to collect playing cards, then Modern Warfare 2, that one had the snowmobile. I think I have that right. Kinda confusing. The next up is COD: Black Ops due this November.

It's not unusal for gamers to have several consoles. I have a 360 and PS3. The Wii? When I asked my children if they wanted one, they laughed at me and telling me to be real, they are beyond baby games and it is too arcady for them. My kids were weaned on a PS2 and the xbox. So I understand why they don't want a Wii. But from what I have discussed with others, it's great for parties and families. There is no online play I don't believe. Which I believe is the real reason they didn't want a Wii. They like playing with their friends.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Holy smoke - you have the Wii, 360, and the PS3???
    Dude, total house of gamers here. Me and the hubby each have our own 360s, then we have the PS3, PS2, PSone, Wii, NES, NSES, Gamecube, and each kid has a DS.
    These are mostly all of my old consoles, I still have my original NES and SNES from baaaaack in the day.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Quote Originally Posted by nancydrew View Post
    Dude, total house of gamers here. Me and the hubby each have our own 360s, then we have the PS3, PS2, PSone, Wii, NES, NSES, Gamecube, and each kid has a DS.
    These are mostly all of my old consoles, I still have my original NES and SNES from baaaaack in the day.
    Wow, my jaw is dropping. The only reason I bought a console (GameCube) in the first place was to keep my nieces and nephews occupied when they were in our house. Now, we have a Wii.

In your case, I can't imagine all the outlets, the cable, the controllers, the DVDs/CDs/cartridges. I think you'd need a guest house, just to contain all that stuff.

Haha, they are all in multiple rooms, so its all good.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Well the kitty simulator is going to reinvent video games so whatever.

Elite Member

The nancydrew house is like ours. Each of us has our own consoles. I don't care for handhelds but the kids have those as well.

I love Medal Of Honor, I dont care what they say. Then again I havent played it since the original way back on PSX. Man that was a great game. Halo is getting on my nerves. I never got the money to upgrade to a 360 so Ive only played 3 at friends houses. It was alright but I wont break my neck to get it. 1 and 2 were awesome though. I have a PS3 and buy my games in the Used bin. Its been forever since I bought one on release day and I think this here is the main reason why the industry is so jacked up.

My belief on games is that they focus too much on graphics these days. Everyone is so intent on blowing your mind with the graphics that they forget that story and gameplay are also important. And then you have games that I honestly find myself scratching my head at such as the new Dead To Rights. These are games that took forever to come out but still managed to be horrible. Im pretty sure Max Payne 3 will follow in that tradition just because 2 wasnt bad enough. Look at the new Final Fantasy. Most people are so busy talking about the graphics they never even realized the game was junk. And when they did they werent in the least bit amused. Thats the problem with games these days. I dont know how to remedy it, I dont know if it will ever be fixed but the developers need to focus more on gameplay and storyline than graphics. I dont care about graphics. Im almost getting sick of going back and playing PSX, SNES, GBA and even NES games because the new ones arent any good.

Someone should really go to headquarters and yell 'Get with it people' because this mess is getting really annoying.

Elite Member

NVash. You are so right. I played Dead to Rights it was ok, not the worst, no where near the best. Alpha Protocol was crapped on because of graphics. It is a good game. Good story, characters, and a really good RPG where choices do change the story.

I want to see Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six when it was golden. I want to see real stealth one can find in Splinter Cell 1-CT. If you like stealth Alpha Protocol has it along with martial arts and weapons.

I loved Halo 1 and 2 and still play it today. Halo 3, the ending left me unsatisfied. Chief floating around out there somewhere headed towards some machine planet. It didn't end one way or another.

I have to admit some contemporary games I really love, such as Gears, Mass Effect, and Left 4 Dead.

I haven't played online in ages. I have tired of it and I am mainly sticking to SP and RPGs.

As long as there are creative directors such as Max Beland of Ubi$oft games are going to loose the concept of gameplay and concentrate on eye candy.

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    The Nintendo 3DS sounds fucking amazing frankly.

It has 2 cameras on its front, one of the games....comes with a disc you put on a table. And when you look at it through the 3DS the disc unravels, pulling textures from the table, etc and turns into an island with targets you shoot, etc and you walk around the table to find targets, it's basically a hologram.

So. Fucking. Cool.
    Sounds like an LSD trip simulator!
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information