Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Major flaw revealed in Internet Explorer; users urged to switch

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

thanks lavi, but i have an issue with it already again, i can't see certain stuff like videos and flash-pics (watever those are) when i go to myspace, can you help? thanks!

I really do like Google Chrome better than Firefox, but I think it's because I almost never use any add-ons. Chrome is so simple and efficient!
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

my 2 favorite things about firefox, it saves your stuff when you are blogging etc, and the firefox themes.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    thanks lavi, but i have an issue with it already again, i can't see certain stuff like videos and flash-pics (watever those are) when i go to myspace, can you help? thanks!
    You'll need to install those as they don't come default with Firefox. But at the main plug in page here

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:7

You'll see all that you need on the front page there. Just click on the download now button next to them. If you don't want to install all of them the most important ones are

Adobe Flash Player & Java. Maybe Shockwave and Adobe reader if you read a lot of PDFs. You can install multiple ones at once then once your restart the browser. Everything should work. If you need any more help or want more cool plugins that I use just let me know

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    does anyone even use explorer anymore?

I do.... ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I HATE firefox. I can't get it to post pictures correctly and it always wants to save my history. I don't like that, since I only come here while at work.
    It just takes a few seconds to erase the history with Firefox, though. Just go to 'Tools', then 'Clear Private Data', click a couple of boxes, then 'Clear Private Data Now'.
    -

I wouldn't delete IE, because some websites don't work with it and I still have a couple hundred bookmarks on it. I think it is possible to transfer the bookmarks, though, and one day I'll figure out how. I like Firefox because it is faster and doesn't crash all the time like IE. Plus, it is not from Microsoft.

I do to watch Charmed on TNT.tv. For some reason the shows won't play in firefox.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

^ yeah none of the video i wanna see come up on firefox

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    It just takes a few seconds to erase the history with Firefox, though. Just go to 'Tools', then 'Clear Private Data', click a couple of boxes, then 'Clear Private Data Now'.
    -

I wouldn't delete IE, because some websites don't work with it and I still have a couple hundred bookmarks on it. I think it is possible to transfer the bookmarks, though, and one day I'll figure out how. I like Firefox because it is faster and doesn't crash all the time like IE. Plus, it is not from Microsoft.
    Start firefox, click Bookmarks, then organize bookmarks, then file, import
    Don't worry about what other people think. They don't do it very often.

Quote Originally Posted by lavi View Post
    You'll need to install those as they don't come default with Firefox. But at the main plug in page here

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:7

You'll see all that you need on the front page there. Just click on the download now button next to them. If you don't want to install all of them the most important ones are

Adobe Flash Player & Java. Maybe Shockwave and Adobe reader if you read a lot of PDFs. You can install multiple ones at once then once your restart the browser. Everything should work. If you need any more help or want more cool plugins that I use just let me know
    wow thanks, i have the new windows vista and this will help cuz that thing is giving me trouble i think....i wish puters were simpler.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    wow thanks, i have the new windows vista and this will help cuz that thing is giving me trouble i think....i wish puters were simpler.
    No problem, once you download them they should automatically update when new versions are available. Also keep IE around because some sites don't like Firefox. Sometimes I have to use IE to stream video clips on sites like Yahoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Corsair View Post
    Start firefox, click Bookmarks, then organize bookmarks, then file, import
    Wow, I can't believe how easy that was. Thank you, Corsair! I am now fully converted to Firefox.

Gold Member

Yeah, it's on my laptop because that's what it came with. I pulled it out of the box and went online. Drives my husband nuts because he started using Firefox and always changes things. I have Firefox on here and use it but as long as IE is on the machine, you're vulnerable. He was freaking out when they found out about this mess. It was enough that the government shut down the internet at the SSA. They were waiting slightly patiently for their fixes until 1 something that day. It was another week before it was known to everyone else. Ignorant twits.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

^^^
    makes me even more glad i switched to mac.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Gold Member

^^^Honestly, my husband has thought about it for me many times. I hate Vista, hate IE and so on. Everything is getting wiped this weekend so he can pull them both off. I have no idea what will be on here when he's done, lol.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information