Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: iPhone Apps - share your faves

The Facebook app is a major spy tool, it has access to your contacts, your location, etc. Too creepy, I deleted it. I can access FB via the browser, which works well enough.

For fun: DrumKit, Virtuoso, MyGuitar, Baby Scratch, and MoBeat are all free instrument/ DJing apps. Other fun stuff: Rubik's Cube, iGunLight, Spawn, Jet Ball.

I still love CNN and the NYTimes app, both super awesome. Same goes for HuffPo. CNN has been a gem, you get free notifications.

I also digg the various barcode apps, you can check where your food really comes from, very enlightening.

Hipstamatic and Tiltshift are both fun photo tools.

LastFM is very useful, too. Not to forget those apps that monitor traffic jams and radar controls in your area. Wikihood is my latest nerd obsession...

All of these are free.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I just bought an app through Amazon and it was pretty slick. I hadn't been able to find any Call of Duty games for Android - there was one on Amazon and it works. My son will be STOKED!!! From what I can see - Amazon has everything that is in the Android Market + most of what you can find on Slide ME and any phone/tablet running Android can purchase from Amazon. Not like the Android Marketplace where your device has to be approved by Google in order to get apps through their source (no tablets running Android have been approved for the Market and therefore all have very limited applications available). This is good news.
    Silence may be golden but, duct tape is cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by t13nif View Post
    Another cool app i use is Sleep Cycle. It tracks your movements during the night and wakes you up within a half hour window of your alarm when you are most awake (moving). I also love that it tracks how many hours sleep i have gotten, as well as a choice of gentle alarms which increase in volume and vibrate the phone to wake you up gradually.

Scanner 911 is cool, i love listening to police scanners.

Evernote is great for saving info, making notes etc. Syncs to the web so you can make notes on the website which then sync to your phone.

Daily Burn is amazing for tracking your calories, weight loss, exercise etc and syncs to the website. All you do is scan the barcode of what you are eating and the serving size, and it automatically calculates calories, protein, carbs etc totals for the day. For items without bar codes, you can choose from a huge range of options. And if you scan something and it's not in the database, you just submit all the nutritional info from the label and into the database it goes for everyone to access.
    Do you have to take your phone to bed with you for that first one? I think it would wake me up when my cat is most active not me since he plays with my ipohne while I'm asleep...

I have the Sparkpeople app on my phone for the diet/workout tracker. Its really good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    The Facebook app is a major spy tool, it has access to your contacts, your location, etc. Too creepy, I deleted it. I can access FB via the browser, which works well enough.

For fun: DrumKit, Virtuoso, MyGuitar, Baby Scratch, and MoBeat are all free instrument/ DJing apps. Other fun stuff: Rubik's Cube, iGunLight, Spawn, Jet Ball.

I still love CNN and the NYTimes app, both super awesome. Same goes for HuffPo. CNN has been a gem, you get free notifications.

I also digg the various barcode apps, you can check where your food really comes from, very enlightening.

Hipstamatic and Tiltshift are both fun photo tools.

LastFM is very useful, too. Not to forget those apps that monitor traffic jams and radar controls in your area. Wikihood is my latest nerd obsession...

All of these are free.
    I have the location thing turned off on facebook & use the iphone app a lot (since I'm trying to stay away from my computer at home).

I have something called Coolibah which is a scrapbooking app... still working my way around that, but its a timekiller when needed.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Anyone else have games they like for a Droid phone?
    You already mentioned Angry Birds so Ill add Angry Birds Seasons and the new one, only available through Amazons App Store, Angry Birds Rio. Also, Alchemy, Bistro Cook, City Jump, Fruit Slice, Super K.O. Boxing 2 and Traffic Jam.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i second all of these. shazam is especially awesome.
    Ive long since gotten tired of Shazam not being able to name songs anymore and switched to Soundhound. It works much better, gives unlimited tags and even gives lyrics to the songs.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Do you have to take your phone to bed with you for that first one? I think it would wake me up when my cat is most active not me since he plays with my ipohne while I'm asleep...
    Yes it's up on the top corner of the bed, but not under the pillow. I'm not sure if it would pick up the kitty playing with it, but in that case it would just always wake you at the beginning of the "window". I always put it on airplane mode so no calls or texts come in when i'm asleep.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Ah! No fucker ever phones me anyway so that doesn't matter for me!

He plays with the cable & pulls it onto the floor from my bedside cabinate. Usually about an hour before I'm due to get up.
    Free Charmed.

I have looked up several of the suggestions, and some apps must be for the IPhone. I couldn't find many of them in the Android market. I am just doing free ones right now,...haven't found anything worth buying yet. I pay enough for the dang phone service on three phones, so I don't want to spend anymore cash.

Nvash,...I will try checking out some of those games later tonight. I am sure my youngest will thank you. She is always wanting to use my phone to play the games. My oldest also gave me a game over the weekend, Scooter Hero. It is kind of fun.

I have looked up several of the suggestions, and some apps must be for the IPhone. I couldn't find many of them in the Android market. I am just doing free ones right now,...haven't found anything worth buying yet. I pay enough for the dang phone service on three phones, so I don't want to spend anymore cash.

Nvash,...I will try checking out some of those games later tonight. I am sure my youngest will thank you. She is always wanting to use my phone to play the games. My oldest also gave me a game over the weekend, Scooter Hero. It is kind of fun.
    My son and I love finger bowling (Android - free). There are lots of free games but, it depends on what version of Android you have and what kind of games you like. The hangman and memory games are fun - so is solitaire. I also have Mancala, Mah Jong, Dominoes, Checkers, Chess, etc., etc. If you havent found it yet - the QQ player is the bomb. I have been trying to find a good video player since I got the phone. This one is free and plays everything I throw at it - I have almost 1T of movies, music and TV shows on my computer and refuse to reconvert anything in order to work on my phone. The other video player apps that everyone swears by, didn't work with my files. QQ player plays everything!!! Yay!!!

Okay,..thanks. Good suggestions.

Speaking of movies. What is the best site to download good qualitiy movies to your phone? And do you pay for the movies with a cc/debit card, or is it billed to your phone. I found out I can use my wireless at a place that has free wifi, and it won't count against my data limit on my phone thru the cell company.

Okay,..thanks. Good suggestions.

Speaking of movies. What is the best site to download good qualitiy movies to your phone? And do you pay for the movies with a cc/debit card, or is it billed to your phone. I found out I can use my wireless at a place that has free wifi, and it won't count against my data limit on my phone thru the cell company.
    I haven't downloaded from sites. I rip my DVDs (sshh) using DVD Fab software. I just haven't had luck with quality and multiplatform use downloading from the internet.

I guess I don't know how to do that. I was just wanting to load a few movies on my phone as time killers. I sit and watch a ton of my girls soccer, volleyball, tennis and basketball practices. It gets boring on the nights I have to sit in a parking lot and forget a book or magazine.

I guess I don't know how to do that. I was just wanting to load a few movies on my phone as time killers. I sit and watch a ton of my girls soccer, volleyball, tennis and basketball practices. It gets boring on the nights I have to sit in a parking lot and forget a book or magazine.
    I hear ya - I don't know of any way to download a movie straight to your phone. You can download to your computer but, it is kind of convoluted to get it to your phone. Amazon says that you can download to a mobile device from their site - check it out. I haven't tried. The problem with this is that you are stuck with your movie on your phone - cant watch it anywhere else. Another option for a time killer is the TV.com application. It has some full length episodes - not a full list but, it works for a time killer. Droid TV is OK also. Also, from what I read an actual Netflix Android application is on its way this summer.

i also use iperiod to track my menstrual cycle. i'm not crazy about it though - i still use monthlyinfo.com on my computer and i find it a lot more user friendly and just overall better than iperiod, unfortunately they don't have an iphone app. so if anyone knows of a good period tracker app for the iphone, let me know!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I don't know if it's available for iPhone, but I've been using My Days for Android. It's a VERY basic program, but you can use it to track taking your pill, when you have sex, fertility cycle (including an option for tracking your temps), and menstruation. I've been liking it a lot.

thanks, no day, i'm going to look for it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information