Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: iPhone Apps - share your faves

Ive read that Verizon is getting the iPhone this summer. I might scoop it up when my two years is over with the Droid, saying there isnt a newer Droid out, but from my experience the Droid has it beat. Way more things to do on it, way more ways to customize it.

The one I use the most that comes with: GPS/map fucntion.

The add-on one that I use most: Epocrates.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

A question to people outside of the US, can you use iTunes gift cards for the iPhone app store?

I bought 2 $10 gift cards a while back to buy apps, only to find out that in Canada, you can't use itunes cards for the apps store. It's my fault for not researching it, but do other countries have this problem?

I don't have an iphone but I've used this one. Loved it.

May I ask - What is one's monthly bill for the iphone?

From what my friends have told me, $90 and above, and thats just to start.

What app is that? Id love something like that myself.

Well, for me its 35/month.... and its the same as what I was paying before but I get more minutes

Search for spirit level.....
    Free Charmed.

I just caved and bought myself and my two girls the new Droid phones. It is the HTC Desire. My Lord,....this phone can do ANYTHING!!! It is a tad overwhelming,...but I am hoping I start catching on soon.

Since some of you have had the Droid for some time now, any tips or apps advice would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Shazam is THE must have app. Bump and Ping are also very useful.

I got every dictionary known to man. Wikipedia, of course.

And Google Earth is incredibly cool, too.

Also, SKY and CNN. Love both.
    i second all of these. shazam is especially awesome.
    i also love hipstamatic and instagram - let you take photos and then you can choose different filters to make them look like pics from the 70s, it's lots of fun.
    i've got facebook, twitter, last.fm, a solitaire card game one.

a*o, get the iphone. i just bought it for myself for christmas and it's just awesome. i resisted the temptation for years and thought they were overrated but now that i actually have one, i can't imagine going back.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

My favorite and most used iPhone Apps:

Pageonce (finance/all bank & credit card accounts, to the minute balances, plus you can put most of your bills into the program, and it will let you know how much is due and when. LOVE IT!)

Tip Your Waiter

ebay

ESPN (you choose the teams you like, it gives you score updates with audible notifier)

Pandora Radio

Photography:

Retro Camera
    PS Express
    Dash of Color

games:

Angry Birds
    Bakery Story
    Cut the Rope
    Paper Toss

I'm still looking for the best Map/GPS program, it seems that each one I've tried is out of date with new roads.... any advice?

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by L1049 View Post
    A question to people outside of the US, can you use iTunes gift cards for the iPhone app store?

I bought 2 $10 gift cards a while back to buy apps, only to find out that in Canada, you can't use itunes cards for the apps store. It's my fault for not researching it, but do other countries have this problem?
    It used to be that you could buy iTunes cards in the States to set up a US iTunes account, and then use the cards in that app store. I've never heard of not being able to use gift cards in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by sherbear905 View Post
    My favorite and most used iPhone Apps:

Pageonce (finance/all bank & credit card accounts, to the minute balances, plus you can put most of your bills into the program, and it will let you know how much is due and when. LOVE IT!)
    I LOVE Pageonce.

Another cool app i use is Sleep Cycle. It tracks your movements during the night and wakes you up within a half hour window of your alarm when you are most awake (moving). I also love that it tracks how many hours sleep i have gotten, as well as a choice of gentle alarms which increase in volume and vibrate the phone to wake you up gradually.

Scanner 911 is cool, i love listening to police scanners.

Evernote is great for saving info, making notes etc. Syncs to the web so you can make notes on the website which then sync to your phone.

Daily Burn is amazing for tracking your calories, weight loss, exercise etc and syncs to the website. All you do is scan the barcode of what you are eating and the serving size, and it automatically calculates calories, protein, carbs etc totals for the day. For items without bar codes, you can choose from a huge range of options. And if you scan something and it's not in the database, you just submit all the nutritional info from the label and into the database it goes for everyone to access.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

My girls just put Angry Birds on my phone. The graphics make it look just like a video game. It is kind of silly,...but it is fun and a time killer.

Anyone else have games they like for a Droid phone?

I had an HTC Droid Incredible - love it. Some of the apps, I can't live w/out...
    1) bar code scanner
    2) navigation
    3) Tune In Radio - I love RadioIO
    4) finger bowling
    5) 250+ solitaire games
    6) QQ Player - plays all of my ripped DVDs without having to reconvert for the phone
    7) EReader & Kindle
    8) TMZ, E!, MSNBC.COM
    9) IMDB, Fandango, Dictionary, White & Yellow pages
    10) drink recipe application

The first app you need though is what is called an app killer. When you leave an application to go to another, there is no way of closing out of the application - everything just stays open. Starts to drain the battery big time. The App Killer will allow you to go in and manually kill those applications.
    Silence may be golden but, duct tape is cheaper.

my sister's husband got me hooked on angry birds. that shit is worse than crack.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

AHAHAHA! I have the drink/receipe app too!

LOVE some of the slot machines I have downloaded. Keeps me busy with mindless bullshit while waiting at school/ballet, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    AHAHAHA! I have the drink/receipe app too!

LOVE some of the slot machines I have downloaded. Keeps me busy with mindless bullshit while waiting at school/ballet, etc.
    I know - solitaire is like crack to me I love the phone because, I used to always carry around a Nintendo DS and a portable DVD player to keep my son entertained and not bother other people when in public. Now, I have everything on my phone...15 full length movies, TV.com, music, games, you tube, etc. He can go anywhere with me and I just hand him my phone and he is good to go. Also, the free google navigation application has saved my bacon on more than one occasion. Now whenever we go anywhere, my son asks...Mom do you have navigation on? I must scare him
    Silence may be golden but, duct tape is cheaper.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information