Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: i phone 6 already attracting complaints that it is bending out of shape easily.

I hate apple products. Ok, thats too harsh, my ipod is great but i hate the fact that i can't just put stuff on it, i have to use my OWN itunes. Dh is a mac person, i don't like using his macbook nor his ipad. I like gadgets i can explore, i like tweaking them. "Iwhatever" is such a superficial tech gadget, to me it's not exciting enough. Oh, and the pricing, yeah, so effing expensive. For what!?!
    Butterfly and Mivvi21 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    So, how long did you wait in line for it?
    I ordered mine online so I'm not getting it until October 21st. Not waiting in line for me!!

I've had my iPhone 4 for almost 3 years with really no problems so I figured I was due to spend some money on a new phone.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I have a Android, too, a Galaxy S4. I have always had it in a case and it does all that I need. I have had it 15 months and no problems. My youngest 2 have switched to the IPhone band wagon. They like them. But I think all of the phones out there are expensive junk. They have us all hooked now....sure wish I had come up with the idea.
    They are all super expensive for what you get. It really boggles my mind that an unlocked/non-contract phone that is "current generation" would cost you $700 - regardless of manufacturer (Apple, Samsung, etc.), that's what it takes . That's the same prices as an Intel I5 or even I7 level laptop that would do things 10 times faster -- and 10 times bigger. That is just ridiculous. A smaller size tablet costs something like $300. So, you are basically paying $400 to add telephony to a mini-tablet. That's messed up.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I bought a Nokia Lumia 521 phone just to use as an MP3 player and to store photos, and it cost me only $48. It is very fast and has a great screen. What it lacks, is a forward-facing camera and a flash for the rear-facing camera. But I don't care about that anyway. Basically, what I'm saying is this stuff could be a lot cheaper. We are paying a huge premium for bleeding edge stuff, so that Android and iPhone nerds can all yell at each other.

I have iPhone, Android and Windows-based tablets/phones. The advantage of the iPhone is that has NEVER, EVER crashed or locked up in the almost two years I have owned it. The disadvantage is that it is a locked environment - so that instead of buying a cheap micro SD card to increase your memory, you have to pay 5+ times that amount to buy a more expensive iPhone with more memory. The Android crashes/locks up on a weekly basis. The Nokia Lumia Windows 8 phone interface is definitely eye catching, but it is just a mess of an interface in terms of ergonomics. I mean, it really stinks.
    SHELLEE and Kathie_Moffett like this.

I went form an iPhone 5 to Note 3 last year, and I love it. I will never go back to iJunk ever again.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    I went form an iPhone 5 to Note 3 last year, and I love it. I will never go back to iJunk ever again.

Been a Samsung user for years with almost zero issues. I have a Note 2 and it does everything I need it too from watching movies to wirelessly printing. $300, that's it and zero issues. Quite durable too! I customize the looks to my taste so no one has a phone that looks and functions exactly like mine.
    Everyone I know that has Iphones or Itouch have complaints or easily broken screens
    Butterfly likes this.

My only complaint about my iPhone is my crummy data plan and that I have to go through iTunes to add photos, music, etc.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I love my Nokia Lumia because it's easy to use, plugs into anything for uploading and downloading, bluetooths to other (non-apple) phones without a problem and has a brilliant battery life. My other half has an iphone as his work phone and the call quality is crap in general and horrendous through the in car hands free (other phones are clear as a bell on it so it isn't the hands free at fault), drops signal all the time, seems to spend as much time on charge as it does being used and throws a strop for several days after every mandatory update. Sure, as Mo says, the Nokia would be better with a built in flash, but so far I'm managing quite well without it as the odd picture I have taken on it in semi-dark conditions has still come out clear enough to see and be used. The Bloke has been so impressed with my phone that he's seriously considering telling the Apple whores at work to get him a Nokia instead the next time he's due an upgrade, particularly as he uses a standard laptop for work and it would make life a lot easier if he could connect his phone to it without problems.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I love my Nokia Lumia because it's easy to use, plugs into anything for uploading and downloading, bluetooths to other (non-apple) phones without a problem and has a brilliant battery life. My other half has an iphone as his work phone and the call quality is crap in general and horrendous through the in car hands free (other phones are clear as a bell on it so it isn't the hands free at fault), drops signal all the time, seems to spend as much time on charge as it does being used and throws a strop for several days after every mandatory update. Sure, as Mo says, the Nokia would be better with a built in flash, but so far I'm managing quite well without it as the odd picture I have taken on it in semi-dark conditions has still come out clear enough to see and be used. The Bloke has been so impressed with my phone that he's seriously considering telling the Apple whores at work to get him a Nokia instead the next time he's due an upgrade, particularly as he uses a standard laptop for work and it would make life a lot easier if he could connect his phone to it without problems.
    We may end up getting our daughter a Lumia for her first phone. That way when it inevitably gets broken or lost, we aren't running around in circles tearing our hair out.

Got my phone today!!! Having a blast playing with it and it wasn't as huge as I was imagining.
    sputnik likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Went from an iPhone to a Samsung S4. The battery on both my iPhone sucked ass and it drove me nuts how hard it was to put music on it and pull off photos. I keep thinking it was prob user error, but with my S4 it's easy peasy, so I don't really care. As long as it does what I want, and works for longer than 2 hours off the charger, I'm sticking with android.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Yup. Love my s4. Battery life is awesome and maps/gps location based apps pull up on it really fast.

I was having trouble with my iPhone 5 battery running low but on some forum it said to turn off certain notifications and there was something else (google is my friend but laaaazy) which I also did and it fixed the problem completely. Now my battery lasts days instead of 12 hours.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I'm in love with my 6 Plus.

The 6 Plus is HUGE! My husband got it on the day it was released - Car Toys in the Portland area - and loves it. It's too big for me to unlock with one hand, but his hands are huge so it works for him. He had issues switching from iphone to a Samsung, so he switched back.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

For some reason the Bloke's older model iphone keeps playing music tracks at random. It can be sat on the coffee table, untouched all night and then all of a sudden it'll start blaring out Brian Eno or Gary Numan or some other track stored on it.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information