Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Geek Girls Have Nothing to Prove

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I swear that I have never, ever painted myself green and put on pointy ears (although some of the outfits at Blizzcon are unreal!). I think you'd like WoW Kari and it is actually possible to play AND be a productive friend and worker. And you can be a panda now, too...
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I keep reading Greek girls have nothing to prove.
    levitt and dowcat like this.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

If Yanna and Effie are anything to go by, Greek girls certainly have nothing to prove.

Kitty please don't tempt me! I'll need to watch the WoW episode of South Park to cure the urge
    Kittylady likes this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I'm not good at video gaming, but I do enjoy it when I try and I actually love watching them. My fiance is super into video games, so I love that I get to watch him play and see the stories play out since I wouldn't advance nearly as quickly as he does. We also have a table top game group every week too (not D&D, but it's the same in style, we play Cyberpunk 2020).

Kitty, if you want current gen, get an xbox (the xbox 360), if you are looking at next gen since they come out at the end of the year, go for PS4. The new xbox one has some pretty big security concerns (always on Kinect which can record what is being said in your home at any time-creepy to anyone else?). Plus the PS4 is going to be a bit cheaper and is being promoted as more of a gamer's system instead of a multimedia device. The new xbox looks mostly like a glorified Tivo that can also play games. (I might be a little biased though, we traded in my xbox and our PS3 plus a bunch of games and paid off our PS4, 3 launch titles, and then a couple games coming out next year-we are keeping 1 xbox 360 to play old gams with) *end nerd opinion*

The Kinect is a double edged sword. I can definitely see a privacy concern because it will always be on, once the the Xbox One is on. However, the audio recognition means that to play a game, turn NetFlix, Hulu on, find a movie, etc., all you have to do is tell it. Supposedly, it is vastly improved and eliminates background noise.

The new camera has twice the resolution in each direction, meaning that it can now detect finger movement. It can even detect heart rate - scary. But the advantage is that you will now have VERY fine control of particular games, without using the controller at all. Heart-rate detection would be great for fitness games that the Xbox has. There is also some kind of projection feature with the xbox that lets you project additional gameplay space outside the boundaries of your TV set. Needless to say, the darker the room, and the less stuff behind your TV, the better it will work.

I love games. I don't have a console at the moment, but I bought my Dad a PS3 for his birthday earlier in the year and love going home to play on it with him. I also sit in with my housemate when he plays on his XBox. My favourite games are the House of the Dead series, Prince of Persia, Uncharted, DOOM (I mean, come on!!), Crash Bandicoot old-school stuff, GTA...anything really
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Unreal Tournament is my favourite multiplayer FPS! I use the instagib mod (Instagib Mod - Encyclopedia Gamia - Walkthroughs, games, guides, and more), it is my favourite and I fully recommend it.
    Classic games are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I love games. I don't have a console at the moment, but I bought my Dad a PS3 for his birthday earlier in the year and love going home to play on it with him. I also sit in with my housemate when he plays on his XBox. My favourite games are the House of the Dead series, Prince of Persia, Uncharted, DOOM (I mean, come on!!), Crash Bandicoot old-school stuff, GTA...anything really
    We have House of the Dead on the Wii. One of the things I love about the Wii is how flawlessly the shooting games work. LOVE that. Didn't know you can play it on another platform. Do you just use the Xbox/PS3 controller?
    levitt likes this.

You can use the controller, but there is also some weird (and not as fun, imo) gun-type controllers you can buy. I actually completed the House of the Dead: Overkill on the Wii and it was AMAZING. I love the Wii for the cool controllers.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information