Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do I get the Xbox 360 or the Playstation 3?

Elite Member

I love the PS3. It's great you have the net, dvd blu ray player and game console all in one. I happen to like the selection of games they have. But then again I'm a Sony whore.

Being Paula

Xbox360 vs PS3 = Coke vs Pepsi, etc

My teenage kids say PS3, their friends say Xbox.

I'd get whichever is on "special" at your local store.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Gold Member

If online play is important, then go with Xbox. If Blu Ray movies are critical then go with PS3. We own an Xbox and play it all the time! The red ring of death has been an issue but MS has very speedy tech support (via India). We sent ours away and it was gone and repaired in less than one week.

Gold Member

Hubby insists that he wants another Xbox. We have the original that he hacked into to make it do a lot of the things that a 360 can do. It doesn't have the Live features and that's what he wants most. What I want most is to be able to play Rock Band, lol.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

Hit By Ban Bus!
    in north carolina for the next 2 years >.<

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    the 360 seems to have the edge on graphics.
    don't talk ever again.

Chillin with my homeboy Xenu

I am a PSWii60 owner, and each console has their pros and cons.
    IMO, the 360 does have the upper hand when it comes to graphics in most cross-platform games, but on standard def TV's the difference is not noticeable.

In regards to games, it's all depends on what genre you like. I personally think the 360 has the better games library, but the PS3 is coming along since most big games are now multi-platform.

Size wise, the Xbox Live multiplayer community is larger than the PSN community but just a warning there are also a lot of fucking douchebags on both. Playstation Network (PSN) is free, whereas Xbox Live is about $50 bucks for 12 months. For Xbox live, the headset that is used is made specially for the 360, whereas with the PS3 you can use any bluetooth headset.

Easy XBOX360, you don't have to worry about that ring of death it rarely ever occurs anymore. Xboxlive is amazing since is is simple to use you can easily download custom content, movies, older games, etc.
    Hardware wise, my launch-date 360 Elite (with the Zephyr processor) came up with the E74 error (single-red light of death) about 9 months ago and I still haven't got it fixed (but MS are now fixing those for free )
    The 360 Arcade version I got at Xmas (Falcon Processor) is still running fine.
    The two most recent processor "versions" (Falcon and Jasper) are the ones you want to look for. The only way to know which processor you have is through the voltage sticker on the back:
    I've had no problems with my 80 GB PS3.

Just a heads up regarding the PS3's backwards compatibility, there are some issues when it comes to the newer models:
    I've had no problems so far with my 80GB/Motostorm bundle console when it comes to backwards compatibility.

I mean both consoles have their pros and cons, so I guess it's which ever one has the game library you like on it. One thing that I love when it comes to the PS3 is the fact that it uses a standard 2.5" SATA hard drive. As soon as the manufacturer's warranty is up on mine I'm sticking a 1TB hard drive in it.

The Wii is an amazing system too, but it's getting nothing but shit in the games department I have to give Nintendo credit, they build their shit like tanks. My Wii dropped off of it's stand onto the hard floor (maybe 3 feet) and only got scuffed, still works perfectly.

Might as well put my gamertags here:
    XBL = L1049 <- I haven't renewed my XBL gold membership lately, but will do soon.

PSN = L_1049

Xbox 360 has much better games.

I am waiting for god of war 3 and then we might get ps3, other than that I have not much interest in it.

In WhoreLand fucking your MOM

feh.. Wii. I don't get the appeal of that thing.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information