Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Cutting the Cable Cord...what to do?

Update. So I ordered 3 cheap, yet decently rated antennas. I will be returning them! I ordered one higher price, highly rated one. I have 2 main rooms for TV watching, the Living Room and the Family Room, which is off the kitchen/great room type of area. I have a 60" Smart TV in that room, that was great but became very dumb once we attached it to the wall over the fireplace, because we couldn't get a wifi signal anymore. This room is also wired for surround sound, so it was my main viewing concern. I also ordered a wifi booster, and plugged it into the wall next to the TV, then ran an Ethernet cord from the TV to the wifi booster. It works! You should have seen our eyes when we logged into my brother's HULU account to make sure it worked! The higher end anntenna doesn't work too well here though, I think I need to order an anntenna with a booster to it. The anntenna did work in the living room and picked up all local channels wonderfully. So I am going to pick up a couple of more anntennas, and get the Sling TV with Roku and see how it goes. So far, so good.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

We cut the cord about 2 weeks ago. We had Direct TV and were paying about $130/month and that is without any premium channels. We went with PlayStation Vue so we still get the channels on cable that we would normally watch - AMC, Travel, Food Network, HGTV and sports channels. We have a PS3, PS4 and watch in the main living room on the Amazon Fire Stick. Between Vue, Amazon Prime, Netflix and the antennas we have more than enough to watch and are saving about $90/month. We're pretty happy with it.

Sounds pretty good Jexxifer. I recently got the Amazon Fire TV with the remote you can talk to. It's pretty darn awesome and about a 1000 times faster than my PS3 was. I just assumed it was my cable buffering and going black. It has been great. I got Prime also. We just finished watching the Curb Your Enthusiasm series. I haven't even missed Bravo that much since quitting cable tv. So with Prime, Netflix and commercial free Hulu plus whatever over the air channels I get, I'm paying less than $30 a month for more content than I could ever watch in a lifetime. I will never go back.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

47$ for unlimited. I dream of that. On this coconut island internet is superslow ( i had to wetransfer a file of 1GB and it took my about 12 hours to upload) and we pay now for 75GB monthly 40$, I alswys end up buying more GB as I work from home and the kids need to upload their homework. In a couple of weeks I am going home but after that I am need to upgrade our internet to 140GB monthly at the sweat cost of 80$ a month, but even with that package I cannot see us watching too much netflix.But here is a (blonde) question if you have a netflix account for 2 screens, that works like spotify, right? You can access netflix form anywhere as long as only 2 screens AT THE SAME TIME are watching? Because the account is set up for watching when we are in Europe but I guess we can also watch it in Asia (we just bought new smart tv) with the same bundle ?

I believe so. With Hulu or slingtv it's one screen. So we have to check what others r watching before we turn something on.

Still on steaming tv. I will never go back either. I pay $20 for sling, $7.99 for Netflix and $12.99 for Hulu no commercials because I hate commercials.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information