Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burning audio CD

Hit By Ban Bus!

I had a lot of problems a couple years ago with burning. Unfortunately I don't remember what resolved the issue. Turning of all proprietary stuff (unchecking all checkboxes) in the preferences of EACH program may help. Except the one you want to use for burning, i.e., iTunes.

ITunes limits you to 7 CD burns of any playlist that contains purchased tracks, due to DRM, or digital rights management. I got this info from Mac Life magazine, No. 7, August 2007, pg. 78-80. This article describes some go-arounds for this. This may be helpful to explain why you may have had trouble burning CDs. I am interpreting this, and I may be wrong, that if a playlist contains a purchased track, it counts as one of the 7 CD burns allowed. I hope I am wrong...
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

ITunes limits you to 7 CD burns of any playlist that contains purchased tracks, due to DRM, or digital rights management. I got this info from Mac Life magazine, No. 7, August 2007, pg. 78-80. This article describes some go-arounds for this. This may be helpful to explain why you may have had trouble burning CDs. I am interpreting this, and I may be wrong, that if a playlist contains a purchased track, it counts as one of the 7 CD burns allowed. I hope I am wrong...
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

Hit By Ban Bus!

^That's interesting Reptillycus. I was able to burn a CD of tracks I bought, and that didn't happen. But maybe it does for some people.

I've used RealPlayer for burning with some success, DON'T buy the premium thing. It's totally not worth it and when you call the 800 number you get scripted people in India with thick accents, and you have to call several times to get the billing resolved.

I've also used Windows Media Player, but I've found only v.11 will work for burning on my XP Pro platform.

I never thought I would do this - but Songbird (apparently the new firefox for Digital Media Players id heard was all right).......its not

It is fucking awesome......Google it cause I dont want to be seen as plugging it too much, but OMG wow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information