Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blackberry or Iphone?!!!!

free LG flip phone from verizon, ftw!

that's how i roll.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

i still have my old sony eriksson w880i (which i got for free with my old swiss plan - new phone every year and a bit if you had a contract) and no plans to change for now. but if i do, i am tempted to get an iphone.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Zee

I love my blackberry. Only phone you can throw at a man without it breaking. Now that is a phone for Alice.

Muah!!
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Palm Pre.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

if what you're looking for is a phone that won't break then go for a sony ericsson. mine has been thrown, dropped from very high up, and once even accidentally thrown against a wall, and it's barely got any scratches on it and still works perfectly.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Blackberry Bold owner here! I love it!!

It was $400 at AT&T, with a $100 rebate, plus I got $97 from Blackberry for my BlackJack II trade in, so I only paid $3 more than the BB Pearl or Curve.

My son has a touch screen, and he hates it. A few of my employees have iPhones, mixed reviews. I do enjoy watching someone comfortable with their iPhone navigate around on it.

I do agree with Sputnik on the Sony Ericsson phones, I had 2, and found them to be extremely durable.

Good Luck

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

thnx! i guess ill go with the fuckberry if i ever get over this illness....

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Get the blackberry. The iphone is just a trendy, overrated gadget. (I always think apple products are all hype--How fucking retarded is it that cut and fucking paste is a brand new feature they just now thought to add?) Practically speaking, I've read the touchscreen takes some getting used to. For texting purposes I mean.

My husband has had the bb pearl for a few years now and he really likes it. He's getting a new one soon.
    Thank You! I saw the commercial, sent my hubby a message through the BB and said, "WTF? Did I see this right?". My hubby has the Storm, he loves it. He had no problem getting used to the touch screen and can make the thing do pretty much anything he wants. He's made a few of his own things for it as well, something you can't do with the Iphone I think.

I personally couldn't get used to the touch screen (I think it has to do with fingernails). I have a Pearl and love it. I've had no issues with it at all and I give the thing a workout. If my bank would catch up and do real online banking, I'm not sure I'd really need a computer anymore. The one thing that my hubby wishes for on his phone is the little trackball like mine has. Other than that, we're both happy with the phones. There really isn't anything that an Iphone can do that his Storm can't do. Obviously I can't compare my phone to it 100% because of the touch screen but even I have copy and paste, lol.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

I love my iphone. I like the touchscreen, and how big it is for looking at pictures & videos. I have thousands of songs on it & lots of cool apps that are fun to play with if I'm ever waiting around & need to kill some time. To be honest, I wasn't sure if I was going to like it the first 2 days but after that, I was converted.

Things to know if these things are important to you.

1) can't forward texts on iphones & can't send pictures in texts, but attaching them to emails is really quick & easy, so I don't mind the texting restrictions so much

2) ringtones... you're supposed to make your own with music you already own, and not everything you get from itunes is allowed to be used as a ringtone. Plus, you have to pay extra to make the ringtone, even though you already owned the song. This is admittedly kind of annoying. I'm sure people know ways of getting ringtones in other ways.

I hate those itty bitty blackberry buttons, and the screen looks miniscule to me in comparison to my iphone.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

The iphone ringtone restriction is easily gotten around, I googled it one day for someone else and had an answer for them within seconds.

Yeah, my daughter found some websites & I think I actually got a couple from one of them.

Thanks, NoDay, I'll try that.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

damnit you guys!

*more confused than ever*

Team Blackberry..... Avoid the iBill
    I'm using a lot of oxygen and such I think it's good use of oxygen myself, but of course, I'm a little prejudiced on the matter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information