Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Apple unveils new laptop - the thinnest yet

Silver Member

he kinda has a little bit of a child molester smile going on.

Do we really have to necro old technology threads? I thought maybe Apple had introduced a netbook or something, only to find ancient news introducing the MacBook Air updated by a random comment on Steve Jobs's smile.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    ^ i know right?! and why is the key board all the way in the back; i think it'd be better if it was up front
    i think that its a Mac thing, i have a G4 laptop (very nearly didnt' this evening...) and thekeyboard is in the same place as this one... it means I can rest my hands on the lappy = which i can't with my other laptops.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    No CD/DVD drive is ridiculous. People who get this for bragging rights will just seem like massive tools because they'll need either a whole other (real) computer, or a slew of external hardware.
    Erm... I had a Dell for work & it was smaller & (nearly?) thinner - it had an external drive too. Probably was the same spec as this & since I worked remotely & stored everything on a central drive, worked just fine, even with massive pieces of data.
    Seriously, how much storage do you actually need vs want....
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    Do we really have to necro old technology threads? I thought maybe Apple had introduced a netbook or something, only to find ancient news introducing the MacBook Air updated by a random comment on Steve Jobs's smile.
    hahaha! I missed this first time around & nearly ended up buying a new Mac eariler today.... But yeah, there is a lot of it around...
    Free Charmed.

Gold Member

Whoa, old thread! But since it's been resurrected, I might as well add my 2. My husband got this for me when it was first released. Yes, he's a geek and I thought he spent too much on it. It's a sexy little thing, though, and it's held up surprisingly well. I treat it as I would any other laptop - I don't toss it around, set things on top of it or anything, but I use it daily, take it to the coffee shop, on trips, etc. I like that it fits easily into a tightly packed suitcase and is lightweight. I have an external disc drive, but rarely use it for the reason already mentioned (fast, easy wireless transfer). So after about 1.5 yrs of use, I'm pretty pleased with it....though I STILL wouldn't have bought it for myself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information