Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Apple presents the new iPad

Im completely underwhelmed by Mac in general and think the iPad is one of the dumbest ideas Ive ever seen next to the ATT Exclusive iPhone agreement.

Just wondering if anybody purchased an iPad. If so, what do you think?

Reviews: Apple iPad (16GB/32GB/64GB) - With Full Interface Videos | iLounge
    Review from some other site.

I just played with an iPad today, a friend of mine purchased it. Both of us are really into comic books, I also read regular books. It seems the way this is being marketed is as an excellent book reader. They have that new Marvel app where you can download comics, a CBR reader for those who already have comics, and HOPEFULLY theyll put Stanza on it for the books but it seems the iBook app has that covered. The screen is nice, reading comics on it is amazing, but otherwise I dont see anything on it that my iTouch cant do. And for $500 I want something else.

Id buy one but not at this price. Sometimes the screen on my iTouch is a little small and I wish I had bigger for reading books, thats what Id use it for. It might be able to compete with the Kindle and Nook, especially since it has the books in color which people have been dreaming of for years, but otherwise I dont see it doing much else.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy View Post
    Just wondering if anybody purchased an iPad. If so, what do you think?
    My husband pre-ordered one on the first day. He's had it for a week and a half and just boxed it up to send it back today. Said it doesn't do a single thing that either his laptop or phone can't already do. He knew that before buying it, but (being a tech freak) just got caught up in the hype, I guess.

I noticed he played with it a little on the first day and it's pretty much been sitting on an end table since then, so I knew he wasn't too impressed w/ it. Usually when he gets a new gadget, he can't put it down for a couple weeks.

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    Reviews: Apple iPad (16GB/32GB/64GB) - With Full Interface Videos | iLounge
    Review from some other site.

I just played with an iPad today, a friend of mine purchased it. Both of us are really into comic books, I also read regular books. It seems the way this is being marketed is as an excellent book reader. They have that new Marvel app where you can download comics, a CBR reader for those who already have comics, and HOPEFULLY theyll put Stanza on it for the books but it seems the iBook app has that covered. The screen is nice, reading comics on it is amazing, but otherwise I dont see anything on it that my iTouch cant do. And for $500 I want something else.

Id buy one but not at this price. Sometimes the screen on my iTouch is a little small and I wish I had bigger for reading books, thats what Id use it for. It might be able to compete with the Kindle and Nook, especially since it has the books in color which people have been dreaming of for years, but otherwise I dont see it doing much else.
    e-ink already has colour and video now, so in a year or two we'll see a new kindle and the whole reason for the ipad will be gone...

Amazonll probably find some other way to screw it up. Such as still making it so the Kindle can only read its own format and possibly PDFs. Did they ever fix that? I am nowhere near interested in taking the time to convert my books when the iTouch can read them already.

In short, Im thinking they might want to address peoples problems with the Kindle. The iTouch with Stanza is perfect, just too small of a screen. The iPad has iBook which is kinda like the same thing and a way bigger screen. And if interested, you can even put comics on there under other apps. Get on the ball Amazon, there might be some accidental competition here.

Well.. someone found a use for it..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9NP-AeKX40[/YOUTUBE]
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

that cat is awesome.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information