Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The App Thread

I have way too many apps. My last page of apps is about 15 for the kid. Disney, Disney Jr., Palace pets, baby first tv, cat in the hat, etc.

thanks to you guys, I have now about 5 more to my already existing 50-60 apps.
    -

Does anyone use an app that will search up and display lyrics to songs you are listening to?
    I'd also like to find something that will improve the quality of pictures I download to my phone. It all seems so grainy.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    Slacker for music and The Score app for sports results.

oh and Zedge for ringtones and such

I just installed Zedge this morning. SO many wallpapers!

yeah I used to have musiXmatch. but you need to be online for the whole time as far as I remember. otherwise it was good. but I didn't like to use that player I prefer my other music player.
    -

also, for all of you in new york or planning to visit, NYC-ARTS is great. it's by 13, new york's PBS channel, and it has a calendar and reviews about pretty much everything cultural going on in nyc.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I have way too many apps. My last page of apps is about 15 for the kid. Disney, Disney Jr., Palace pets, baby first tv, cat in the hat, etc.
    Any you recommend highly Kris? I let my nieces ages 2 and 1 play with my phone all the time but I think they are getting tired of Elmo, Cookie Monster and Talking Tom.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Oh shit, A*O - and anyone else who has Quiz up and watches Shameless - Shameless is now one of the categories. I'm kicking ass, baby!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

K, it's been two weeks since I got my new Note2.

My apps;
    games- Wordhero .. love, love, love this game and the fact that I am playing with the world. You get to see the representing flags of all the players next to their tagline. So neat! and the game links to google where people can comment.
    Quisr ..... a trivia game
    Can you escape.... there's quite a few of this type of "find clues to get out of a room" games on google play. I'm on my 3 app. I download, play through all the levels (each is a room) then download another.
    Scrabble... need I say more?

tools-
    Zedge... I'm loving the wallpapers! You can set it so that Zedge will change your wallpapers using your downloads every twelve hours.
    Go launcher... I mentioned this earlier. It's a platform that lets you customize the look of your cell. I apply this to every cell I've own.
    Eve, Adel and Black Diamond GO Launcher themes ... great looking themes that are Go Launcher compatible. I love the metallic icons and layout. Eve is white, Adel brass, Black diamond is of course, black.
    Mp3 downloads.. .so far there's only one song I haven't been able to find to download The Beatles "Norwegian Wood -chillout"
    Lyrics Grabber..... Displays lyrics and you can save for offline. There were some it failed to find but did find the majority so no complaints.
    Lenmark mobile... to connect to my printer wirelessly (great for my work and kids' homework)
    Malwarebytes... Been using this for years to protect my computer with great success so I was happy to see it available in Google Play.
    3D digital weather..... title says it all. A simple weather and time display app.
    Netflix.... Couldn't live without it
    Flipboard... this together with Google+ and facebook apps provides me with lots of interactive reading material.
    Google earth... cell came with this app. I've been using it with my kids to play "name a landmark". It's pretty cool and a geography lesson all in one.

That's it. I don't like to clutter my phone with too many.
    My apologies if I have already mentioned these apps before.

OF COURSE I have the NFL app, and Denver Broncos, NY Giants, Kansas City Chiefs and New England Patriots.

I just downloaded MyFitnessPal, to monitor my diet, and it's great. It's free, and instead of "guessing" the calories/protein/fat etc. that you're eating, it has a bar code scanner so it pulls up the exact product details. It's great!

I also like Ellen's "Heads Up" game app...it's so much fun to play where there is a group of you.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I just found this game, and there are several...you can get Dots, Two Dots, or Pop the Dots. Nothing to it really. Simple game, no rad graphics, but it gets addicting!!

My personal trainer is moving to New Jersey. But she has created a fitness program for me in an app called Trainerize. She plans my workouts and even attaches videos so that I can see how to do each exercise properly. I miss her because she's fun to work out with, but this is quite helpful!!
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Other than the usual apps like Facebook, Messenger, Skype, CNN..

Yelp
    Podcasts - I listen to podcasts when I commute
    Buzzfeed
    Duolingo - LOVE THIS. It's a language learning app. It's fun and addictive. I'm trying to learn spanish. You can set a daily reminder and you need to practice only 10 - 15mins a day. There's also French, German, Italian and Portuguese.
    Groupon
    Amazon Local - This is kind of like Groupon, really good local deals.
    Uber - Super helpful since I don't have a car. The driver usually shows up outside my house in 10 mins and I don't have to pay in cash (including the tip) since the app has my paypal information.
    McTube - Basically Youtube, but it still keeps playing when I close the app which the regular YouTube app doesn't.
    Audible - To listen to my audiobooks
    Find iPhone
    QRReader - It converts any pictures you take into a pdf file. Really useful when you don't have a scanner around and you need to send documents in a hurry.
    Roku - Acts as a remote to control my TV when I'm watching something on my Roku 3.
    Lumosity - One of those brain games.

I had Quizup but deleted it because I was becoming addicted.

Okay,..I just downloaded QuizUp. :S

A*O

Say goodbye to the rest of the week. They are always adding new topics and updating old ones which is handy because if you play the same one over and over you memorise the answers. I love going up against the numerous angry Germans and Indians on Quizup who HATE being beaten by an Aussie chick so they keep challenging manically. It's especially satisfying to be neck and neck and then beat them on the last question.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Kat, I learned a bit Spanish too with Duolingo, it's very cool! It actually helped me when I was in El Salvador this year. At least I could order some food. But there are so many funny phrases I had to laugh about. I think one was "the elephant walks through the strawberries". This made me giggle.
    *Kat* likes this.
    -

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information