Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Amazon's Kindle

I found a great EBook reader for my iTouch called Stanza. I quite like that but would consider a Kindle later on down the road. Once they start perfectly reading LIT and PDF with color Ill seriously consider it.

Pulling this thread back to the top to add that Amazon's customer service for their Kindle is amazing. I had one of the worst weeks possible last week, and in that time my Kindle crapped out on me. I finally called this morning about it and they are shipping me a brand new Kindle today, I will have it tomorrow, and it will have all my books preloaded on it.

And that's their standard warranty that automatically comes with the device. So, A+ to Amazon on that one.

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    Pulling this thread back to the top to add that Amazon's customer service for their Kindle is amazing. I had one of the worst weeks possible last week, and in that time my Kindle crapped out on me. I finally called this morning about it and they are shipping me a brand new Kindle today, I will have it tomorrow, and it will have all my books preloaded on it.

And that's their standard warranty that automatically comes with the device. So, A+ to Amazon on that one.
    Same thing happened to me, even paid an extra $40 to cover my shipping expenses.

I just hooked up the Kindle app on my iTouch. I found a book that had to be bought, it was only $3. So far so good, its an okay app. Dont know if Id get the actual Kindle though, especially since Android is supposed to be coming out with something much like the iPad soon.

I can't decide if I want to get a Kindle or a Nook. My husband loves his kindle but I like the feel of the Nook. The only thing is that I have alot of books on Mobipocket and they don't transfer over to the Nook.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

I love my Kindle. I have had it for almost 2 years and no problems. I read a lot and I love that I can download book in seconds.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

They recently released a Kindle app for Android phones as well but it doesn't have many options yet.

SVZ

There's a new kindle out too....GOD DAMNIT AHGHHHH

I don't think it's a new Kindle, I think they just lowered the price again...

SVZ

Nah it's new, has 50% more contrast (the DX)

A*O

Is the new Kindle back-lit? It's the one drawback if you are trying to read in the dark! I know the larger version has that feature but I prefer the smaller one. My only other complaint is the comparatively limited choice of books so I can't always download what I want but it's not a deal breaker.

I LOVE Amazon. Book prices in Australia are astronomical (around $40 for an ordinary paperback) so despite the fluctuating dollar, postage and handling it's still quicker and cheaper to order books from Amazon in the US and have them shipped over. Depending on the order it usually takes less than a week.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Oh yeah, they did mess with the DX a bit a little while ago, I remember getting that email. The DX is just too big for me so I tend to ignore it. I like that the regular one gives me the ability to throw it in my purse.

Still no backlight on the regular Kindle, but the brand that makes my kindle case included a sleeve so you can use a booklight with it.

SVZ

I use the DX to put pdfs on for school...saves me a lot of printed pages.

Oh I heart Amazon too.... just not sure if investing in i kindle is worth it. There is this one lady at my gym and she has one... I keep looking over at her to see if it's worth it.

They still aren't in color and still don't accept any file types besides the Kindle. I've wanted one for awhile now but the way things are looking Ill get a tablet or even an iPad before a Kindle.

BTW, Borders just released their own EBook reader and has free ebook downloads on the site.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information