Login to remove the ads!

Thread: My iPod Touch is retarded

Question My iPod Touch is retarded

So, the screen on my iPod touch started flickering yesterday, but it stopped after a few seconds and didn't repeat for the remainder of the day. This morning it happened again and when it stopped the screen had a permanent "washed out" appearance.. it's got a grey tinge to it and I know it's not the brightness or contrast settings because I reset my settings to try and fix it and it didn't help matters.. anyone know anything about this? Suggestions? Apple support is being stupid.

sounds like it's losing its ability to light up
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'm going to see if it's under warranty because as far as I know, it has no structural damage or water damage.. it shouldn't be fucked up when I've only had it for 5 months.

oh pfft, it should be under warranty.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Penny,
    I hate Apple Support. I got my son one for Christmas, set it up on my computer at work, used my debit card to get him some songs on it. I give it to him & he takes it to his dad and customizes all his shit there.... now, he keeps going over his Itune card amounts and they keep billing my debit card which I now can't get off the account because the 10 year old changed the pass word while at his dads...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

You get one year warranty with all iPods. I'd just take it into the store. I did that last year with my 30gb video, and rather than replace the battery, they just gave me a new iPod that had never sold for the $65 the battery replacement would have cost. I do have to say that I was supposed to get it in like 2-3 days and it ended up being a week. Other than that, it was an alright experience.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Penny,
    I hate Apple Support. I got my son one for Christmas, set it up on my computer at work, used my debit card to get him some songs on it. I give it to him & he takes it to his dad and customizes all his shit there.... now, he keeps going over his Itune card amounts and they keep billing my debit card which I now can't get off the account because the 10 year old changed the pass word while at his dads...
    To set up an Apple account you have to have a credit/debit card number on file.. how convenient.. and since the iTouch has iTunes on the actual device you can buy shit without having to get on the computer.. it's really easy to spend money. Another thing, when I got the device I couldn't add any songs to it without upgrading to the newest software version.. which cost $10.. so I effectively spent $300 or so on the device and $10 to use it. It's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    You get one year warranty with all iPods. I'd just take it into the store. I did that last year with my 30gb video, and rather than replace the battery, they just gave me a new iPod that had never sold for the $65 the battery replacement would have cost. I do have to say that I was supposed to get it in like 2-3 days and it ended up being a week. Other than that, it was an alright experience.
    I checked and my warrany is good until November. The Apple Customer Service people just ended up putting me on hold and pissing me off so sending it in to get fixed/replaced is on my to-do list for next week.

just walk into an apple store, it's easy.

and why did you pay 10 bucks for a new software version? LOL you can download that shiz for free.

Do you have AppleCare? I know it costs an arm and a leg to buy it, but its really, really saved my ass a number of times. I highly recommend it. I've always had Apple laptops, and AppleCare has replaced my laptop cover when it was cracking (SO glad Apple gave up on the plastic casings- they were a POS), my laptop screen when it randomly burned out, and my keyboard, and my Trackpad. Lots of things that would have cost $$$ to replace on my own. They usually don't bother fixing those sort of things - they'll just give you a brand-new part. Plus with AppleCare, you get 24-hour access to actually helpful service reps. I've called a number of times with issues like 'my laptop won't turn on,' etc. and they've walked me through fixing it.

One last thought: if you are a klutz like me, you should get renter's insurance, with an electronics addendum. It costs me around $40 / year, and I've used it to replace 2 laptops. Once, when a friend spilled a drink on my laptop and it went belly-up, and then again when I did the same thing.

fgg

Penny,
    now, he keeps going over his Itune card amounts and they keep billing my debit card which I now can't get off the account because the 10 year old changed the pass word while at his dads...
    smart kid

Penny,
    Get a new debit card, with a new # associated with it. That way he can't use it anymore. Kind of annoying, but will solve the problem.

Penny - if you are near an apple store just go into it and they should fix the problem for you.

So, I reset the iPod completely and did a total restore from my backup. As of last night the screen was still fucked up, but this morning I went to plug it into my car player and it was back to normal! The screen is fine now.

Thread Information