Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much do you pay per month for Internet access?

Default How much do you pay per month for Internet access?

I'm on the East Coast of the U.S., and I pay $21.99 for low-speed DSL from Verizon. I do not have a termination fee, unlike Earthlink. I was offered insurance at .99/month for my modem; if it breaks, I get a new one free (so $12 a year instead of whatever ridiculous price I would be charged for a guaranteed compatible modem, but I haven't brought myself to buy it yet).

I've been hunting for a better deal, but one that's equally good with reliability and tech support.

So far, I've come up with nothing, and this seems to be the best value for the best price.

Anything better out there?
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Eli

Like 70 bucks or something? Too damn much is the precise answer.

I pay about $25 bucks for high speed dsl.

i have AT&T elite DSL 35.00 a month
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Wall o'text should be outlawed. Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Like 70 bucks or something? Too damn much is the precise answer.
    Damn.

And here I thought my friend was getting ripped off for cable Internet for $50/month (Chicago, btw).

Miv and MsDeb, that doesn't sound too bad for high speed.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Mine is all lumped together through AT&T. Mr. pays it-he is happier than when we had Verizon.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by ariesallover View Post
    I'm on the East Coast of the U.S., and I pay $21.99 for low-speed DSL from Verizon. I do not have a termination fee, unlike Earthlink. I was offered insurance at .99/month for my modem; if it breaks, I get a new one free (so $12 a year instead of whatever ridiculous price I would be charged for a guaranteed compatible modem, but I haven't brought myself to buy it yet).

I've been hunting for a better deal, but one that's equally good with reliability and tech support.

So far, I've come up with nothing, and this seems to be the best value for the best price.

Anything better out there?
    I have Verizon DSL for $21.99. Two months ago I called them to ask a question and then they told me that they were running a promotion - Free service from Sept thru January and then it becomes $19.99. I made sure they weren't selling me something that would lead to a big fee or bigger bill.

My modem broke after 6 months of use and they sent me a new one free of charge. (I was dusting the desk and sprayed cleaner on it). Give them a call and see when they are running new promotions, then you'll get the $19.99.

^That rocks. I'll start calling every so often to ask about a promotion. Every bit counts.

I haven't checked AT & T yet, McJag. Worth a shot.

Eli

Quote Originally Posted by ariesallover View Post
    Damn.

And here I thought my friend was getting ripped off for cable Internet for $50/month (Chicago, btw).
    Oh, well that does sound like a lot, for Chicago. I mean I live in Australia, all technology seems to cost outrageously more here (apparently we've only had electricity for 20 years, in fact we're just breaking in cars!! Should see the looks on schoolboys faces as they go past), but I heard that in America for standard dial up you don't have to pay at all? That's so unfair/cool!

I think it's $35 in our cable bundle. It's the upgraded high speed internet too, the regular high speed internet was $25.

It's cheap because our total bill is like $160, which includes a DVR, digital cable with 300+ channels, HD channels, digital telephone and some other shit like HBO, Cinemax and other movie channels. My husband is obsessed with our cable and keeps upgrading.

We had our modem for 5 years and we just upgraded it. It was a $60 modem and it still works great, it stayed on the shelf and I never worried about it breaking. You can buy new ones for around $50 bucks at Walmart, so you may not want to buy insurance if you can hang onto it for a few years.

^35 for the high speed is within range. The lowest I heard is around 32.

I was informed AT & T has low-speed DSL for 19.99. No word on reliability or service.

Eli, I have always had to pay for dial-up service. The only free Internet I get is on my laptop at the library or when I'm at a hotel.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

timewarner (used to be comcast) 40.00/month and guess what? IM FUCKING CANCELING THE MOTHERFUCKER TODAY! I'VE HAD IT WITH THEIR SHIT SERVICE COMING IN AND OUT AND MOSTLY OUT WHEN IM HOME TO USE IT SO ADIOS MOTHERFUCKER!
    im thinking of getting earthlink, any suggestions? i can only do cable or satelite cuz i aint got a home phone.

or i guess maybe verizon DSL....

I've had Earthlink for almost 10 years and I really like it. It's 29.99 per month, with I think 5 or 8 email accounts. I have DSL, with a free 10 hours of Dial-up available per month. That's come in handy, once, when I had problems. I was able to fire up my old PC, go into the IT forums, figure out what was wrong and how to fix it. Earthlink has been very good to me!! They are hardly ever down, and I am on the Intertubes a lot!!!!! With no home phone, you can do wireless with them. Worth checking out
    Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

thanks! yeah i didn't cancel actually but i will this week!!!!! i need to shop around, damn new year, new shit!

I pay $50 New Zealand for DSL, it's capped at 16GIG per month.

I think that's like $25 US right now with the exchange rate. It's good pricing for NZ but pretty "meh" compared to other westernised countries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information