Login to remove the ads!

Thread: My problem with iTunes

Eli

Default My problem with iTunes

I wouldn't normally make a topic like this, but since it's a big problem for me I thought I'd ask if anyone else has this problem, since nobody seems to from what I've researched.
    All these options like "Find artwork" and the new "Genius" are all well and good if you keep all your musical files on your computer, but as I have over 5,000 songs on my iPod I tend not to clog up my computer hard-drive with them and ergo delete them all (at least most) once I put them on my iPods. The files are forever on my iPod and they are in hidden files so they're not going anywhere. (I also bought a 2nd iPod because I'm rich and it was only $300, so I have a back-up in case one iPod breaks)

And these bloody iTunes special features do not work for files actually on your iPod!! Isn't that the stupidest thing ever?? So inconvenient.

my daughters Ipod ate all her songs and had some other issues. I emailed the people at Apple, and their help desk went above and beyond, fixing the various problems. maybe call them if you cant get it fixed.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Wall o'text should be outlawed. Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

I don't want to pay 10 fucking dollars to upgrade my iTouch software... it's ridiculous. They'll find any way to squeeze money out of you.

allie, buy an external hard drive and keep your music on it. i have maybe 10'000 or 11'000 songs on my computer and to avoid clogging up the hard drive i used to keep about half on an external hard drive. my new mac has a huge hard drive so now i keep them all on the computer but that's what i used to do. it's probably a better investment than a second ipod.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Eli

Oh but I do have them on an external drive. It's called an iPod. I'm just saying that when you view your iPod's songs, playlists etc. on iTunes, you can't get album artwork for them. It only gets that stuff for songs actually on your computer's hard-drive.

why would you waste precious dataplan minutes by doing it with an ipod touch or iphone if you could just do it on your puter and download it to said device?

*shakes head*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Eli

?

Hmm I'm not sure what you mean. I like iTunes and that has become my
    primary application to save and play all my music.. I also have a huge
    harddrive though. I put all the songs on my iPod as well and would love it if
    the genius feature were on that too... I don't really expect it though as it is
    an iTunes feature, not an iPod feature.

As far as the album artwork, I do see that on my iPod so I don't know what
    you're talking about.

I would back up all your songs on an external harddrive instead of your iPod
    if you're having issues with album artwork and things. Besides, they are
    much easier to get to I would imagine, and more trustworthy (imo).

I hear horror stories all the time of bugs or just glitches in someone's iPod
    that happened to break it or erase all their songs on it. I wouldn't rely on
    one to save all my music on that's for sure.

Thumbs up well...........

well my bf has an ipod . want to get me one either for my b-day or christamas. His doesn't have a lot of tunes on it but i know that the newer ones hold a lot of songs. I am definally getting me one !
    Nelson45638

Eli

They are awesome in my opinion. I mean I think the first 80GB one I bought was the best money I've ever spent. I don't get what issues people have with them. It's either "oh it's impossible to work" or "oh I dropped it and it doesn't work". Well first off, don't drop it you idiot... secondly, I've dropped mine a hundred times (lol) and it works fine, so obviously it's not the same with every iPod. And thirdly it's easy as to work and if it freezes there's a simple solution.

Sorry, vent over. iTunes, on the other hand, i could do without. It shits me SOOO much, so constantly, and it's fucking grey. Gross. I miss Windows Media Player.

ipods are overrated. I have a 2G Nano and I bitch all the time about how stupid and non-user-friendly the damn thing is. I can't believe how popular they are in spite of all the problems.

Storing your music on a second ipod doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Gold Member

Does anyone know how to get all of the files combined together into one account? I had Itunes set up on one computer, then we had to rebuild it so we saved all of the files. Then it happened again and yet a third time. I now have all this crap that I've loaded and/or bought that's spread out every which way. The worst part is, I hook up my Ipod and Itunes wants to clear out the playlist on the Ipod. Is it possible to put the playlist from the Ipod back into Itunes? The other dumb thing, if it can offer to delete an entire playlist off the Ipod, how come I can't get it to delete a few songs off the playlist?

It's the Nano or whatever that came out in 2005 so I know I'm not dealing with top of the line but I've always had these issues.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

There is a way to transfer your files from your ipod to your computer. It's not a brilliant programme, but Tansee Ipod Transfer will do it. If you google it.

It's a security feature in Itunes, but it does cause massive problems.

Your itunes music is stored on your computer under music>itunes>itunes music.

You can copy all of your music into there and at least then it is in one place.

If this is a regular occurrence then I would suggest you get an external hard drive to store your music on, that way if the computer dies, you don't lose your music. You can map itunes to look for the music on an external hard drive rather than the conventional filepath
    "In an underdeveloped country don't drink the water. In a developed country don't breathe the air." - Jonathan Raban.

isn't there also a programme called copypod or something that will do it?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Ive had a 15 gig oldstyle ipod, and a newer 8 gig nano. never a day of problems with them.

The old style ipods had a mini hard drive in it, so yeah..if you drop it it's gonna scratch and destroy it. The new ones work on flash memory, so no moving parts. Feel free to throw them around all you want.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thread Information