Thread: My browsers are disappearing!

Default My browsers are disappearing!

Once again I am looking to the good folks at GossipRocks for computer advice. Yes, I readily admit that where computers are concerned, I am the stupidest person alive!

My problem this time? My browsers are disappearing. Literally! They vanish from the screen and they vanish from the toolbar at the bottom. Why is this happening? Where the hell do they go?

According to my anti-virus program, I have no viruses. I've also run my malware program and that's clean too.

Any thoughts?

Not sure, I'm afraid. Is this happening for every site you visit? There's no site you visit where the browsers don't disappear? I did a quick google search and the only similar problem I found was this one Browser disappear bug - Tech Support Guy Forums

Is your browser working now? If not, what browser do you use? Operating system? I went to the link Sarzy posted, nice info there. The main thing I got out of that is that the person posting needed to install Java download here. Some sites require it, worth a try. Also, you could try installing Firefox (or if you already have it, uninstall and reinstall).
    Don't worry about what other people think. They don't do it very often.

I am currently using Firefox and I have Java. The computer runs Windows XP.

I generally go to the same few sites all the time. The thing with the browsers is weird. It doesn't seem to matter which site I'm on. One day, it'll be fine. The next day, I can't get anything to stay up.

For the past couple of days, they've been behaving. I have my fingers crossed.

if they misbehave again, maybe go get the most current updates for both Java and Firefox if you haven't already. And curse a lot. It doesn't really help but an F-Bomb can be VERY satisfying!! PM me if you like, if you have any more trouble.
    Don't worry about what other people think. They don't do it very often.

Thread Information