Thread: Vehix.com question

Default Vehix.com question

I figured car and sites about them are technology - well, I didn't know where else to put this thread.

My Pontiac Bonneville was totaled in a t-bone accident when an unlicensed driver barrelled through a red light and nailed me.

My friend's mechanic has a 2003 Chevy Impala with less than 60,000 on it for $5,700. I plan on taking it to my mechanic for a second opinion.

I wanted a car that was sturdy, heavy, four-door, and able to take a hit as hard as my Bonneville while letting me walk out with minimal injuries. This sounds like it may fit the bill.

Have people used Vehix? Accuracy? Worth it?
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

^^Never used Vehix, but if the mechanic has the car, then it most likely was in an accident and he purchased from an insurance co. for cheap and then repaired it himself for resale.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    ^^Never used Vehix, but if the mechanic has the car, then it most likely was in an accident and he purchased from an insurance co. for cheap and then repaired it himself for resale.
    Not necessarily. My husband is a mechanic who buys and sells cars on the side and we never buy cars that have been in an accident.

Go to Carfax.com and run the vin number for a title check, odometer check, problem check (major accident) and registration check and go to vehix for safety ratings and and resale value.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Not necessarily. My husband is a mechanic who buys and sells cars on the side and we never buy cars that have been in an accident.
    Actually I passed off my last 2 cars (prior to my deceased Bonneville) to my mechanic, just because it was easier to let him sell them and take a part of the price. Neither had been in an accident. I just didn't feel like making any further effort lol.

However, I know it's a concern that the car had an ugly past, which is why I want to make sure I'm good with my research.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Go to Carfax.com and run the vin number for a title check, odometer check, problem check (major accident) and registration check and go to vehix for safety ratings and and resale value.
    I hadn't thought of Carfax - thanks!
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Thread Information