Thread: Metal Gear Solid 4

Default Metal Gear Solid 4

IGN: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Review

One word. Wow. I was already impressed by GTA IV which I had been playing for almost 90 hours total. I got this game last week and I agree this one deserves all the praise it has been getting. GTA IV is great, but this one is on another level. Incredible production values, intriguing storyline (though I admit I am not a MGS geek who knows every bit of the storyline, never even finished the last two for the PS2). There's a lot of cut scenes but they are so well done and flow well with the game that I watch all of it. Some of the boss battles I encountered so far are as memorable as any. Graphics top notch. Many of the action sequences have been done before, but never as good as this. In particular, there's this sequence that takes place on the back of a motorcycle that is without a doubt one of the most incredible gaming sequences I have ever played, a flawless blend of cinema cut scenes and action that left with me with my jaw open in wonderment. Any movie critic that wants to argue that video games aren't art needs to get off their fat asses, buy a PS3, and play this game.

I'm loving it! Two things that bug me a little though, are the cut scenes are so long, and his footsteps are a bit too loud. Apart from that one of the best games I played since Metal Gear 1.

Quote Originally Posted by a31cefiro View Post
    I'm loving it! Two things that bug me a little though, are the cut scenes are so long, and his footsteps are a bit too loud. Apart from that one of the best games I played since Metal Gear 1.
    I agree the cut scenes can be too long but for those not into it it's great you have the option to cut straight to the chase.

Thread Information