Login to remove the ads!

Thread: How do I change screen brightness on XP ?

Default How do I change screen brightness on XP ?

I have a pc with XP system on it. But my screen is so bright, how do I make it darker? Please help.
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

Hi - this is normally done on the monitor. All monitors put this in a different place, but there should be some "menu" buttons somewhere on the monitor. Either within the menu or maybe a button of its own, there should be a way to control the brightness and contrast.

Hope that helps.
    "In an underdeveloped country don't drink the water. In a developed country don't breathe the air." - Jonathan Raban.

Quote Originally Posted by micashell View Post
    Hi - this is normally done on the monitor. All monitors put this in a different place, but there should be some "menu" buttons somewhere on the monitor. Either within the menu or maybe a button of its own, there should be a way to control the brightness and contrast.

Hope that helps.
    It's a laptop.
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

I have a Toshiba laptop with XP on it. Not sure whether the laptop you have will have the same things as mine, but I'll tell you how I can change the brightness on mine and hopefully you can figure out a similar thing on your own.

If I go into Control Panel - I have an icon called Intel Extreme Graphics. Within that there is a tab call colour. I have the option to change the brightness and contrast within that.

Just hoping you have Intel Extreme Graphics, otherwise I'm not sure I can be of much more help.
    "In an underdeveloped country don't drink the water. In a developed country don't breathe the air." - Jonathan Raban.

What's the make and model of your laptop? The manufacturer's site will usually have a pdf copy of the manual, plus a searchable help forum.
    Don't worry about what other people think. They don't do it very often.

look for the "any" key. Press it.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    look for the "any" key. Press it.
    Damnit,Grimm! What any key??I can't find one.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

There's usually an "fn" key that's one color other than white (mine is blue) and if you look at your keyboard you'll see that some of the key's have symbols or numbers on them in that same color (again, blue in my case), just look for the ones that signal brightness up and brightness down. Suns and arrows on my page up and page down keys are the ones I use on my laptop. It's different for all laptops.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Yeah just press on the FN button and up and down with your arrows to adjust your screen brightness. Or at least thats how it works on mine, I was under the impression it was the same for other laptops.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Thanks to everyone who took the time to post!!! What o0Amber0o & January posted worked!!! I appreciate it!

Thread Information