Thread: Anyone good with Podcasts?

Default Anyone good with Podcasts?

okay, my daughter has the Ipod classic. I'm going to put some podcasts on it, for my own well being. I've already found one, DennisMillerRadio.com has one, but i'm hunting for some place that can give me some other FREE ones.

i wanted to put Paul Harvey on it, but apparently he doesnt offer them. Any other places to get good Podcasts, and maybe some good podcasts to download? music and sports and talk radio.? i am currently looking at Podcastalley.com. Also, how do you erase them? i suck at technology.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Silver Member

iTunes is the best place to start. Most Podcasts are free. Also sites like

Digital Podcast - The best podcast directory of free podcasts and video podcasts.

have them.

Personally for music. I listen to music weekly from Guardian Unlimited. It's from the UK but it's a good music show. Can find that here

Music Weekly | Music | guardian.co.uk

As for deleting a podcast. From your iTunes library simply right click (if your using windows that is) and hit delete. Then a box will popup asking if you want to move it to a folder or the recycle bin. If you want it gone just hit move to recycle bin. Then empty the bin as always and it will be gone

Quote Originally Posted by lavi View Post
    iTunes is the best place to start. Most Podcasts are free. Also sites like

Digital Podcast - The best podcast directory of free podcasts and video podcasts.

have them.

Personally for music. I listen to music weekly from Guardian Unlimited. It's from the UK but it's a good music show. Can find that here

Music Weekly | Music | guardian.co.uk

As for deleting a podcast. From your iTunes library simply right click (if your using windows that is) and hit delete. Then a box will popup asking if you want to move it to a folder or the recycle bin. If you want it gone just hit move to recycle bin. Then empty the bin as always and it will be gone
    thanks! so, if i delete it from my Itunes library, it'll delete it from my Ipod the next time i charge it? i am so technology impaired
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Silver Member

I'm not sure if it will remove it from the iPod itself. But if you delete it from the library it shouldn't load back on to the iPod

if you have your ipod settings to auto-update when you connect it, it will only have on it what's in your itunes at the time. (a friend had auto-update and forgot, connected to my brand new itunes and we inadvertently completely erased everything on his ipod except for the one cd we uploaded)

if you don't have auto-update - you will have to manually edit your ipod library.

to find out if it is auto-update, i think you just click on the ipod logo in your itunes list and it will show you your memory capacity, settings, etc. it'll show auto-update or not checked.

i think.
    I'm a hard act to follow because when I'm done, I take the microphone with me.

it seems to be on auto update, that updater thing come on everytime we plug it in. Thats the one thing i HATE about Ipods, is that it just isnt easy to do anything! well, for me anyhow
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

here i am again. is there a way to put a DVD on the IPOD? yes i'm that cheap LOL
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Silver Member

Yep, just go here and follow the directions.

Alpha Geek: Copy DVDs to your iPod

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    okay, my daughter has the Ipod classic. I'm going to put some podcasts on it, for my own well being. I've already found one, DennisMillerRadio.com has one, but i'm hunting for some place that can give me some other FREE ones.

i wanted to put Paul Harvey on it, but apparently he doesnt offer them. Any other places to get good Podcasts, and maybe some good podcasts to download? music and sports and talk radio.? i am currently looking at Podcastalley.com. Also, how do you erase them? i suck at technology.
    I like to look on itunes & search 'free podcasts'
    Look for podcasts on BBC (Russell Brand's show makes me laugh out loud). Real Time with Bill Maher is another laugh riot.
    I'm sure National Geographic has interesting podcasts, as well as Discovery Channel. Good hunting!
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

I get mine from iTunes, I have a couple of gossip ones from E, and some language ones too.
    Free Charmed.

Zee

I have podcasts that flat out won't load into my ipod. They are in my itunes library. Any ideas of what to change to get them into the ipod?
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Is your sychro-setting set to manual or auto?
    If auto is it "synch all podcasts"? or just the latest 3/10/? And are these podcasts older than the setting?
    If it's not that let me know & I'll have another go!
    Free Charmed.

Zee

Synch all podcasts. Where is the setting for synch? I've tried to manually pull them in without luck.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

OK, once connected you should have tabs near the top of the window with ipod, contacts, podcasts, pictures, etc. on it.
    Go on to the podcast one and there should be a couple of boxes that you can tick, the top one is probably auto-synch, the next one down the manual synch... (it might be the other way around I'm doing this from memory...) Even on the auto-synch it'll ask how many you want to do...
    This is where you change the settings for the podcasts.

Have you tried that yet?
    If this doesn't make sence I'll do it with screenshots tomorrow...
    Free Charmed.

Thread Information