Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burning audio CD

Silver Member

Default Burning audio CD

I'm trying to burn some recordings from my computer to a CD without much success. The first one works fine, but all the one after cannot be read by my CD player or Walkman. The CD still can be play on the computer with a media player, but my stereo and Walkman both displayed "no disc". Does anyone have any advice? I'm getting really frustrated.

What burning software are you using?

Hit By Ban Bus!

That has happened to me too. Try switching programs. Rebooting first may help too.

Silver Member

I'm using Nero version 7. I've try using a different program (Music Match) and got the message: Incompatible files - only WAV and MP3 stereo with 16 bits 44.1KHz sampling frequency may be added. The files fit the criterias so I don't know what the problem is, plus I have never encounter this problem with MusicMatch before. I've tried a variety of different mp3s and get the same outcome. Rebooting doesn't help either. I have no idea what's wrong.

Are you burning songs in .mp3 formats and trying to play them in your Walkman and CD player that AREN'T mp3 readable???
    Go Habs Go!!

Are you selecting the 'audio CD' option with Nero? I know it sounds simple, but sometimes we miss details. Also, I had a similar problem with Audio CDs, and the solution in my case was to select the "No Multisession" option from the start.

Silver Member

Yup! I open Nero and select the Audio manual and than select "Make Audio CD" option. According to Nero this will "create a regular CD that plays in all CD players and on the PC", so my walkman and cd player should be able to play it, mp3 format or not (I honestly don't know what involve in the burning process). Anyway, like I've said, the first CD that I burned using Nero works just fine, but all the one after get the "No Disc" message from my Cd Player and walkman. Could it be the disc? I'm using TDK CD-RW80.

ETA: Aella - I can't see a " No Multisession" option on my Nero. Can you tell me where it is, please?
    Last edited by Snarker; October 27th, 2007 at 11:39 AM.

I do not like Nero, i get the same thing when i use it for burning my audio cds.
    Have you tried using Windows Media Player instead? It's easy and it's free.

I doubt it's the disc.

That's odd, if you're following the same steps you did with the disc that did play, I really have no idea what it could be.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I personally hate Windows Media Player (too proprietary) but I have used it with success for burning CD-RW's. I also don't like iTunes because it won't let me do things I want to do, but it burns CD really well.

And yes, checking the mp3 button is something you need to do every time. Sometimes it kicks out and goes back to the button for audio.

Silver Member

It's really pissing me off. I even try not using the computer while the burning process is underway, so as to not intefere in anyway.

I'll dig out and re-install my Window Media Player and give it a try tomorrow (it's really late where I am). Do you think the problem is with Nero and MusicMatch, than? I'll try with Winamp as well.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Just download the latest version of WMP. I liked version 10 fairly well, but it won't let you do stuff if you don't have version 11.

I love WinAmp, use it almost exclusively, but I haven't had success with burning CD's with it. Well, actually haven't tried all that hard, since iTunes and WMP do a good job of it.

Silver Member

Can I download iTunes for free, just for the burning program? I must be the only person in my group of friends who don't own an ipod.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I have the free program, and it includes the burning. I don't have an ipod, I just buy songs from iTunes and listen to samples from certain websites. (Certain websites will only play samples in iTunes.)

Try it now!

Silver Member

Thanks Mira.

OK, so I tried burning with Window Media Player and still get the same problem. I'm downloading iTunes right now. Hopefully, it will works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information