Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minesweeper

Default Minesweeper

Oh lord, has anyone actually won at this game? I was curious so i clicked on it and played and I;ve been playing for about 2 hours trying to win at least once, but it seems impossible! Are there any strategies for this, can it actually be DONE!?

This game drives me mad! I can only win if I have the smallest size...I think that is 10 mines?

I suck at the others!

I cant even win at beginners level, you at least can! How does it work!? How do you know to avoid the mines?

I gave up trying to win at Minesweeper a long time ago. I have tried and tried at this game and after hours of playing it and never winning, even at the beginners level, I just decided I officially suck at it. I'll just stick with the card games...

Mainly lucky guesses!

Oh I LOVE this game, I always play the expert level, I just looked and my best time on this computer is 160 seconds, but thats really poor, I know on my desktop I do much better because I use a mouse and not my touchpad, which is really hard to do Minesweeper with. I love this game!!!

The trick is to make sure to mark all the mines as quickly as you can each time you clear one. Its really a rational game, with a tiny bit of guessing. Looking for common denominators. It gets much easier with time. I usually start off each game clicking around to get to a place where it cleared a bit of space. Those are good places to start.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Thats what I thought too Honey, but i need to get lucky at LEAST ONCE!

Janaury, so speed has alot to do with it? No wonder I lose, I sit there pondering my next move for about 5 minutes, lol.

Once you get the hang of it, you start to move really quickly. The key thing is making sure mines are marked so you can get faster. Because if a 4 pops up and 3 are already marked as mines, usually by finding another common denominator you can avoid the next mine. I don't know if what I'm saying makes sense or not!
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I get so cracked out on this game; haven't played in years and I know if I start...

Most addictive thing ever. For a while I got a kick out of getting the highscore on every single computer.

Nerdiest thing you'll ever hear me say: I'm a kickass minesweeper.

So what are the numbers indicating? How many mines are around?

The numbers say how many mines are in the 8 squares surrounding the square with a number in it.

So how do you NOT click on a mine?

You have to try to deduce from the numbers you see where the mines should be. You right click on a square where you think there is a mine, or right click on that square twice if you think there is a mine there but aren't sure. Beyond that I don't know, I've never won a game

This game is addicting! I'm pretty good at beginner and intermediate levels. Expert is just too big. I always click around a few times to clear up some spaces. I would be playing now if GR wasn't on my screen...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information