Thread: Windows Vista and Office 2003

Default Windows Vista and Office 2003

I am moving to Washington, DC for an internship at the end of September, and I am not sure what to do about my computer. I was thinking of getting a laptop, but I am concerned about how Vista will operate with Office 2003. The Microsoft site claims there won't be a compatibility issue, but I have heard otherwise.

Is anyone out there successfully running Office 2003 on Vista? There is no way in hell I plan on purchasing Office 2007. If worst comes to worst, I will just ship my PC. It runs perfectly fine on XP.

I'm using Office 2003 with Vista and so far it's running well. I haven't had any problems yet, but I've also only been on Vista for a month...

I have Office 2007 at work and I'm not REALLY a fan of it, there was quite a bit to relearn since they shuffled all the menus around. A lot of people at work were lost for awhile when we switched over.

^
    I know exactly what you mean. Someone at work brought their new laptop in a few months ago, and it had Office 2007. I like the look of 2003 better. I also don't have the time to learn 2007. Moving across the country is already stressful enough!

I am relieved to hear that you haven't had any compatibility issues. I would rather buy a laptop than have to ship my pc.

Well, I'm running '05 on Vista and it runs well enough, not sure how 2003 would do.

The big downside is every time I bring up Word/Excel/PowerPoint I have to authenticate it. I thinks it's Bill Gates' not so subtle hint to buy a newer version of Office.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

We have Vista on a new laptop that's just for surfing and we both hate it. The bugs are endless OMFG and the format is some weird dumb down of technology - I am so unhappy with it that my next laptop will be a mac and if I like it I will switch over all my office equipment to apple as well.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Hit By Ban Bus!

When I was cleaning up my garage last weekend, I retrieved my old HP Pavilion and my next-door neighbor put Linux on it for me. Wow. Just wow. Now that Linux is more automatic, it's so incredibly easy... no firewalls, no anti-virus... so fast, and you can make your own pull down menus too. I haven't gotten that far yet. There's a word processor too. Not trying to convince, just sharing.

I'm running Office 2003 with Windows XP Pro on my laptop, and I don't want to face any problems next time, that's why I'm thinking of Mac for my next computer. That will be a learning curve, I'm sure.

^^ i hate linux with a fiery passion...

i'm using Vista with a burnt copy of Office 97 and its working fine
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Thread Information