Thread: Laptop Toshiba M30 mega problems

Default Laptop Toshiba M30 mega problems

Hi everyone,

I am going crazy today. My Satellite M30 Toshiba computer is dying. It's still under warranty but the stupid 3rd party provider won't fix the intermittent problem with the computer.

The screen goes black randomly. Nothing can be done to bring it back into action, so I have to reboot to get anything to happen. Needless to say this is a huge pain if I'm in the middle of doing anything and downright awful when I'm writing articles etc.

What can I do to get these jokers to fix my computer? They are saying they can't duplicate the problem and therefore cannot fix it. I say it's bull bc my warranty is over in October so they're just trying to avoid having to service it.

I'm really annoyed and don't want to buy another computer.

Thanks for any possible advice.

PS this is a known problem with stupid Toshibas... and they still won't fix it.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I have had a Tohiba Tecra for a lot of years now....never had a prob with it ever....I would gather up all the warranties and doco's and lay on the heavies....we in Aussie have a law against that sort of thing....sue the bastards.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Do you have a "Bureau of Consumer Affairs" in Canada? That's where you go in the U.S. when you have a problem with a company. Not that anything gets done or quickly done.

We have "Better Business Bureau" maybe I should write them?

Hit By Ban Bus!

The BBB here is a joke, companies pay them to join and then nothing bad is said about them. They haven't been realiable since the 60's. Surely there is some sort of Consumer Affairs office in Canada.

I imagine there must be. I will have to look into this further bc i'm still really ticked about it.

I would continue to deal with the company because it is still under warranty. Threaten them with going to the BBB, any and all TV stations that have consumer affairs' reporters, letters to the editor, blog posts, forum posts in computer/Toshiba-related sites -- the squeaky wheel really does get the grease in these circumstances. I had one of the first Mac powerbooks and the mother board blew up on me! and I screamed long and loud. Eventually they replaced the computer for free.

I would write a long, polite but gently threatening letter/e-mail to the president's office and cc it to everyone and anyone you can think of.

Thread Information