Thread: About TiVo...

Eli

Default About TiVo...

Yeah... What's it like? Lol. We're getting it in Australia next year and I was wondering how good it really is? I hear on TV shows all the time how it makes annoying quirky noises and crap. And how good is it???

My cousin has it and says she can't live without it now! I am thinking of getting one too. She said it is like a DVD/VCR recorder but better because you can record a lot of stuff. There are certain types though which I just recently found out. Anyways, everyone I know who has it, loves it.

Hit By Ban Bus!

One of the best inventions EVER. Ok, maybe that's a bit much, but I cannot imagine living without it. If you watch a lot of tv, it's a godsend. Skipping through commercials, rewinding parts you missed, pausing live tv, easy programming, season passes for your favorite shows, I could go on and on. Get the dual recorder so you can watch one thing and record two separate programs ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!! Can you tell I watch too much tv? I LOVE my TiVos!

Oh, and the quirky noises are just the sounds it makes when you hit certain buttons on the remote, no big deal. Watching programs on a tv that doesn't have TiVo sucks because it's so habit forming. You'll love it.

Eli

Yay!
    Thankyou both.

I hope this means we're getting it in Canada next year -- my hubby is salivating for it.

Silver Member

^^ So am I! I have a PVR which is a Canadian knock-off and wonder how I survived before getting it. I LOVE it. It's not as advanced as a Tivo as far as I can tell (never having had the chance to compare the two) but it still allows me to record 2 programs while I watch an already recorded program, save up to 50 hours of programming, set it so it records a specific program every time it airs (which can be a pain in the **** when it comes to channels like TLC which air the same program repeatedly), and best of all I can fast-forward through the stuff I could care less about (such as Ryan Seacrest's inane attempts at humour on AI).

Eli

We have 'Foxtel IQ' here in Oz which is sort of similar. I don't own it though and it's just a rip-off. I want TiVo so lots of people will be able to look back years in movies/TV shows and go: "Hey, wtf!?!? It's been around THAT long!?!? Shit we're losers, wtf's our Government up to???" And then there'll be a revolution and we'll catch up to the world.
    Sigh. High hopes.

The problem with TiVo in Australia is that unless you have cable, then there's really no point in having it if you have a video recorder. Our FTA networks are just so limited in diverse quality. Well, maybe just Channel 9. Lol.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i'm personally sick of t.v. so.........

Thread Information