Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox, Playstation or Nintendo?

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Xbox, Playstation or Nintendo?

My husband and kids are jonesing for a game console, so I'm trying to decide which one. the hubby is rooting for the xbox, simply so he can play Halo, but I'm thinking Playstation has more games. Then again, I'm an old Nintendo freak and would LOVE to play Mario again. Advice?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Default Re: Xbox, Playstation or Nintendo?

OH YEAH, my area of expertease! Luv Playstation 2, but 360 looks sooo good and I cant wait. Me and my boyfriend play for HOURS when it comes to games. Although, he perfers his XBOX over anything and will brag. "Nintendo Revoltion" and PS3 is coming out early new year I think and just drool over screenshots.
    Last edited by FierceKiten; November 17th, 2005 at 12:22 PM.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Quote Originally Posted by tiki View Post
    My son has xbox and loves it. Most of his friends have play station though. I think xbox seems to have more adult games.
    All XBOX is, is just a hard drive like a computer; built by Microsoft. Not too complicated. 360 can connect to the net, adjust to the actual time in ur area with weather save wallpaper for back ground, store MP3. Comes with a remote and and removeable face plates in different covers.
    hehe, there's soo much more.

Ok, you're starting to speak a language I don't understand. Which one is best overall and why (speak like I'm a moron, which I am when it comes to these things).

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Ok, you're starting to speak a language I don't understand. Which one is best overall and why (speak like I'm a moron, which I am when it comes to these things).
    XBOX 360 will kick ass, get it, well envested and worth the wait.

Nintiendo Revolution, Is able to play old school cartrige games, that can also be down loaded off the net, first nintiendo console that might have internet connectivity?. That as much as I know.

A*O

I'll ask my kids, but at the moment it seems that Playstation has the biggest choice of games and Nintendo is fairly obsolete unless you want to play Supermario or the Pokemon games. They also watch DVD's on the Playstation.
    If you go to Electronic Nerdworld at your local mall and ask the pasty-faced guys in there what they recommend and why you will usually get the low down. As far as I can tell it mostly depends on what you plan to use the machine for.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I stll have mine till this day. Although, I miss my Nintendo with Duck hunt. I have my Sega box, with all crap that came with it. Dunno where or what happened with my Nintendo 64. Great memories. Guys are really shock, that im a girl gamer, the looks on their faces are priceless

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I have PS2. Woo I can't wait for PS3 to come out. I think Nintendo has more kids oriented games and as someone already mentioned Xbox seems more adult oriented. I think playstaion is good for all ages and they have more selection of games.

Fiercekiten, I'm a girl gamer, too. I even competed among guys for a PC game tournament (cyberathlete amateur league...) I'm a geeeeeeek!!!
    I play FPS games and all that but I quit cuz I've gotten too addicted to this board.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

We have xbox and ps2 and I love ps2. But that could be that all I love to play is resident evil and silent hill and most of those games are on playstation. Our xbox games are all sports games where as our playstation games are action/adventure/horror games.

I have a PS2 and it's my baby. Seriously, it has more diverse library of games, (you can also play PS1 games on here), as well as a DVD player and a CD player. The anticipation for the PS3 is really high since there's rumors that it'll match up pretty closely with the Xbox 360, as well has having the largest game library out of the 3 main game consoles.

So Playstation all the way!

SVZ

i want an xbox 360. i have a ps2, but it's also the family dvd player, we got it second hand for like 30 bucks

I really want a PS2, but when we went to buy one, they were all out, all over town, and no one knew when they were getting more. It was the beginning of the school year so I guess the college kids bought them up.

We were desperate for entertainment so we got a Gamecube. I like it ok, but there aren't enough games. We'll have to get a PS2 eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by marvel View Post
    We have xbox and ps2 and I love ps2. But that could be that all I love to play is resident evil and silent hill and most of those games are on playstation. Our xbox games are all sports games where as our playstation games are action/adventure/horror games.
    Yes! Nothing but the horror games. Silent Hill, Res Evil, Fatal Frame, etc. That's all me and beau play when were together. He's hooked on Metroid Prime and Halo series. Game cube is cute, but as for Nintendo, they focus on family games and stick with the mario and the other cutesy mascots.

Ok, looks like xbox is out...my kids are too small for the violent gory stuff. I'm off to look at PS2.

--Sinclair Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information