Thread: Manhunt 2 for the Wii, too violent?

Default Manhunt 2 for the Wii, too violent?

I was reading the preview for the upcoming Wii game Manhunt 2, sequel to the original Manhunt. While I am no prude and love sex and violence as much as anyone else, I did find some of the stuff in this game rather stomach turning and wouldn't want my kids to be playing it:

IGN: Manhunt 2 Preview

You can't say that there are no "mature" games on Wii. Since the console's release six months ago, we've already seen two M-rated titles in The Godfather: Blackhand Edition and Far Cry Vengeance. And in the next few months alone, several more are on the way, including Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition and Scarface: The World is Yours. However, none of them can compare to the blood-soaked effort that is Manhunt 2 from publishing powerhouse Rockstar. In fact, no game we have ever played or seen is as over-the-top violent or downright gross as this action-stealth splatter fest. Grasshopper Manufacture's Suda 51 recently promised to make his upcoming Wii exclusive No More Heroes " as violent or more violent than Manhunt 2." Suda, we've experienced Manhunt 2 in action on Wii and we can write without a second's hesitation that you really have your work cut out for you.

Consider for one moment that in Manhunt 2 you can, Wii remote and nunchuk in hands, use a pair of pliers to clamp onto an enemy's testicles and literally tear them from his body in a bloody display; and if that weren't enough, you'll take one of the poor victim's vertebrae along with his manhood. Or, if you'd prefer, you can use a saw blade and cut upward into a foe's groin and buttocks, motioning forward and backward with the Wii remote as you go. But believe it or not, there is much more to Manhunt 2 than mutilation and mayhem. This is a game that begins with the subject of psychosis.

Bronze Member

the sequel is definitely gorier than the first.

Thread Information