Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The best first person shooter since 2000?

Default The best first person shooter since 2000?

what in your opinion is the best first person shooter since 2000? and then what do you think is the best fps ever?

imo, F.E.A.R. and Half Life 2. Halo would come next.

the best ever fps that ive played though would have to go to half life 1

A*O

I still think you can't beat the first 3 Tomb Raiders - especially TR2. They went to shit after that and got too clever and complicated (I'm a Cntrl/Alt/Spacebar kinda gamer) but apparently there's an anniversary version coming out that goes back to basics and is a combination of TR1/2/3 using the 'old fashioned' keyboard controls but with 2007 graphics.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

CS is my fave if we are talking about multi-player fps but I haven't played it for a couple of years now. Those were the days...used to kick some arse. My fave maps were usually the classic ones, dust_2, Aztec, hmm what else, cs_assault? Was that the name? Where you are in like a garage and you have to rescue hostages. I was quite a master with MP5...bad sniper though, I sucked at AWP. I was learning to be good at AK (cuz I was in a clan and that was required of me )

I don't really play any other FPS, my hubby played other ones but I never got into them.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    CS is my fave if we are talking about multi-player fps but I haven't played it for a couple of years now. Those were the days...used to kick some arse. My fave maps were usually the classic ones, dust_2, Aztec, hmm what else, cs_assault? Was that the name? Where you are in like a garage and you have to rescue hostages. I was quite a master with MP5...bad sniper though, I sucked at AWP. I was learning to be good at AK (cuz I was in a clan and that was required of me )

I don't really play any other FPS, my hubby played other ones but I never got into them.
    haha i loved cs aswell, you know those annoying cunts who would awp absolutely everything and anything on sight and never miss? i was one of them , yea aztec and assault were some of my favourite maps.

a*o tomb raider was a great game too but yea its not a first person shooter. a first person shooter has to be seen in a "first person" view, hence the name to fall under the category

Were you ever in a clan? We used to scrim and that was also fun part of the game cuz we'd plan the strats n stuff. We also tried CAL and that was an interesting experience.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

yea i was in a clan called...erm "m00" or something, i forget lol it was that long ago but i quit when they changed to counterstrike condition zero and yea year 11 and 12 ddnt give me time for a clan. it was more fun in a clan because of strategy and everything, in pub its just every man for themself lol which is still fun.
    imo counterstrike blends realism and the "fun" of shooting better than any other game (rainbow six was more realistic but boring imo) and thats what made it great. easily the best online fps ever made.

wats CAL btw? ive never been familiar with it.

CAL = Cyber-athelete Amateur League, it's kinda big in North America, it's like a standardized competition, so clans go thru certain levels. People at CAL-I/invite are at a professional level, they make a living playing games. If you are interested, you could download some professional competitions, it's intense like a real sports game.

The Cyberathlete Amateur League (CAL) is a large online electronic sports league operated by the Cyberathlete Professional League that allows players to test their skills against each other in a variety of multiplayer games, usually in the first-person shooter category. Although CAL is a U.S.-based organization, it is slowly expanding into a global level offering competitions for European and Australian players
    Cyberathlete Amateur League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CAL :: Main

Lil

Not my kind of game (the motion makes me feel nauseous in first person for some reason), but the husband says Half Life 2 was the best.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

lol it makes you feel nausea? weird...

but yes your husband has good taste

On a console, they can make me feel a little queasy as well. I can only play Halo for about a half-hour on Xbox before getting nauseous. On the PC, though, it's never an issue. I still love Unreal Tournament for the free-for-all atmosphere, hehe.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

lol i had no idea that was possible, weird :S but yea unreal tournament was a classic

Lil

It doesn't take a lot to trigger motion sickness for me unfortunately. I am sea sick, children's roundabouts make me sick and first person shooters make me sick. Oh, and I bought my husband a hammock chair which we hung from the apple tree yesterday and ten minutes in that made me queasy too.

I can play things like Everquest 2 or Vanguard though - for some reason when I can see the toon I am much better.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    CAL = Cyber-athelete Amateur League, it's kinda big in North America, it's like a standardized competition, so clans go thru certain levels. People at CAL-I/invite are at a professional level, they make a living playing games. If you are interested, you could download some professional competitions, it's intense like a real sports game.

Cyberathlete Amateur League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CAL :: Main
    lol i wouldnt even bother anymore, these days the best players are the ones who have been playing almost everyday since the game was released. i havent played for a few years so good luck competing with that haha

SVZ

Goldeneye on the N64 is still my favourite!

I played Gears of War on the Xbox 360, it was pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by delerium View Post
    lol i wouldnt even bother anymore, these days the best players are the ones who have been playing almost everyday since the game was released. i havent played for a few years so good luck competing with that haha
    That was some years ago when I was in college, playing with much younger people. Haha. Some ppl practice for hours and hours. Professional gamers train up to something like 14 hrs a day before a LAN tournament and such.
    Obviously I'm not that big of a geek or was good enough for that kinda thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information