View Poll Results: What is the longest time you've had to spend talking to you cell phone company?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • 30 minutes

3 60.00%
  • 45 minutes

0 0%
  • 60 minutes

0 0%
  • 75 minutes

0 0%
  • 90 minutes

1 20.00%
  • 2 hours

0 0%
  • more than 2 hours

0 0%
  • more than 3 hours

1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Poll: What is the longest time you've had to spend on the phone w/customer service?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Poll: What is the longest time you've had to spend on the phone w/customer service?

I just called Verizon about a problem setting up my "MyVerizon" account online.

It took them SEVENTY FIVE MINUTES to resolve my various problems, THEIRS of course. So, I want to know just who here has had the longest violin saga in dealing with their cell phone company. The longest I have ever spent is approximately 98 minutes.

Can you top that?

No, but only because I screamed obscenities and hung up after 45 minutes.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

The longest I've been able to stand it is 30 minutes. Anything longer than that and I lose my shit and hang up.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yeah, but then the problem(s) don't get resolved! I told them I wasn't hanging up unti my issues were resolved. AND that I wasn't going to let them send me a temporary password in the mail.

SNAIL MAIL from a cell phone company? Give me an effing break! GRRRRRRRRRRRR ROAR

Zee

Maytag Neptune the washer from hell. I was on hold to get my class action benefits. It was almost two hours of being shuttled from department to department.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Me too, I have been on the phone for a long time with verizon. I'm guessing 40 minutes or so. Longer than a half hour, but shorter than an hour. This was a couple of years ago. I was trying to figure out why my DSL wasn't working.
    My boyfriends friend has also had problems with verizon. I'm not sure how long he was on the phone with them, but he said it was a long time, and it was frustrating.
    We do not use verizon.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Hit By Ban Bus!

They're known as the best for reception and area coverage. But over the past 11 years I've been with them all Sprint, Cingular, NexTel, T-Mobile and now Verizon - all for various and sundry reasons. NONE of them offer streamlined customer service over the telephone.

You have to be the one to end the conversation or they will keep thanking you until the cows come home.

Here is what happened yesterday:

1) I try to set up myverizonwireless online. Simple enough, right?! WRONG.

2) The site keeps sending a temp. password text message to my mother's phone (we're on a family plan), and text messages are blocked on her phone so the temp. password was going into cyberspace.

3) Finally we had my number changed to the primary number on the acct., but their computer wouldn't send to my phone (though the rep's personal phone did it just fine)

4) Then, the primary number on the website kept changing back and forth from my mother's to mine.

5) The site kept telling me wrong password even though it was the right password.

6) I got transferred 3 times (2 calls were lost and they never called back).

7) eServices refuses to give me the temp password over the phone. Later I found out they can't actually see it. They could have told me that instead of being uncooperative.

Now get a load of this ridiculous piece of garbage:
    FINALLY I said (after 60 mins. of this amazing waste of time): "let's remove the online registration for the online account management and start over."

BINGO.

But they can't offer that. It's "against the law." W-T-F it's against the law? Turns out the customer has to request deletion and startover.

Another problem: no one ever asked me what browser I was using. Verizon isn't compatible with Firefox. You can only use IE.

It's only been 6 weeks and I'm NOT impressed.

Thread Information