Thread: Second Life

Default Second Life

Has anyone been on this? I think I am addicted. I love playing the Sims and Sims 2 and found SL through a blog. Let me know. I am Teemu Sands in SL.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default Second Life..are you on it?

Hello everyone. I've just joined up for Second Life (the mad internet chatworld thing) and wondered if there are any other GR patrons on it....if not we should set up a room or parcel or whatever it is called!

Any others out there?

i'd rather not have a second life, my real life is busy enough!...but have fun!

watz it??

No, I can't really figure out what it is, and I tried to sign up but it looks like you have to pay a monthly fee to do anything more than just sign up and kind of look around.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Yeah, I did the same thing a long time ago to check it out and I just wasn't into the whole paying thing... I'm tempted but I'm too busy to put much effort into it. What I really want to play is that silly water gun assassin game.

Default Second Life

So maybe I have been going through life with my head stuck up my ass or something but I just heard about this Second Life game. The report I heard is that people are actually making money by selling their wares and sex on line as they all pretend to be someone else. I tried to get on the site but it is down right now. I want to try to understand this because right now I keep saying what kind of fool would spend hard earned money for virtual crap for their alter ego who does not exist?

Does anyone here participate. If so please tell me how it works and what you get from it. I am very curious and envious that I didn't think to invent it first!

We got a call from our business CC once about someone using our acct # for their virtual.. world.. I was like WTF is this?? We logged on and I still don't get it.. it's weird.. But I hear about it a lot more now than when someone was trying to scam us.. luckily the site kept deny our card.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

it's pretty much a giant chat room. lots of advertisements and shopping,
    gambling, and clubs. lots of sex. there are also places dedicated to
    role-play, or just to explore, but mainly shopping . you can buy small lots to
    build a house on, or a castle, or whatever you want. you can buy a whole
    island even, but it will cost you a fortune in real life money--I'm talking
    thousands
    of US$. you have to pay real money to look decent or get
    anything in that game, though there are places with zillions of free things. if
    you are alone you will be very very bored, so I would suggest finding friends
    immediately. it's fun, the characters can look freakishly real... but i'll warn
    you they're so ugly at first, so it definitely takes time and money to look
    hot.

actually i wouldn't even call it a 'game'. it's a chat room in a pretty
    package. you have to have a good video card to get it to run on your
    computer.

Eli

I saw it on The Office. I didn't realise it was real. I might give it a go.

Ironically I just quit, if you've never played it before, be in for a rude awakening. Me and my beau probably had spend an estimate of 500 dollars estimate on either clothes, crap and while paying for a sim which is a private or share piece of island. Thats because we only wanted privacy instead of random people just showing up due to lands having enabling public access to everyone. I mean we really got into this game as it literally got into our pockets. Almost everything you see you can make yourself, which is the cons because newbies do not know how to make anything first.

These are pictures of my avatar, smexy isnt she?
    *Everything she is wearing, from her skin,hair,eyes,clothes,etc; cost Linden dollars* (CLICK TO ENLARGE)

and my castle my boo bought for me and the interiors which I designed myself and made some of.

To sum it up, membership is free and does NOT require money. You CAN make each of this stuff use see in pictures. The reason I mention the costly things are because we didnt want to spend time or attend classes to make them ourselves.

You can also meet people there and yes it does contain sexual content but that is all by free will. You can also create content and make profit, then turn it into either USD, Euro depending where you live. FYI: I wouldnt invest in buying a whole sim for yourself. For one it's cost linden (money) and it's paying actual rent.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Thread Information