Thread: Help. I think my iPod is broken

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Unhappy Help. I think my iPod is broken

I had put some new songs into iTunes and tried to update my iPod but it wouldn't do it. So I installed the newest version of iTunes then all of my songs in my iPod disappeared. And even though it's plugged in, it just remains empty. All my songs got transferred to the newest iTunes but my iPod has no songs in it

What do I do?

If noone knows, I'll take it to the Apple store where I got it from and get some help in person.

p.s. It's iPod nano.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I'm not even going to feel sorry for you. I'm jealous, I don't even have an iPod to break.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

If you go to Itunes and go under help it gives you tips on how to restore your IPOD , it will revert back to its original settings , also when the IPOD is plugged in look at the screen where it tells you all the items on your IPOD , look under the music tab and make sure you have ALL songs tab picked , I somehow had a different tab picked and It would not show any of my songs

Hope this helps

JuicyLucy, don't get an iPod.
    I have one now. It's my second one. First one froze up, and wouldn't play my songs after a while. Never dropped it or anything. Had it for about 2 months.
    Got a new one, all my songs wont load. Always comes up with errors. iTunes doesn't mention what to do when this happens. Still going though wacky problems now as I write this... Saddens me. If it doesn't work, I want to see if I can return it to get my money back, so Ican buy another brand. Lots of people have major problems with iPod.
    Try iLounge.com then click on 'forums'maybe someone there can suggest something
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

mine did the same thing. i thought it was broken and i'd have to get a new one but turns out it was the usb cable that was busted and so my itunes didn't recognise my ipod, and the computer would only ID it as an 'unidentified usb device'. if you know someone else with an ipod, borrow thei cable and see if that's what's wrong before giving up on your ipod.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Moomies
    Can you try another cable? (re Sputnik's comment)

I have to admit that I have mine set to manual update so I just drag tunes from my library to my iPod as I don't always want everything on there on my iPod.

Hope this helps!

Pfft, i've had my ipod for 2 years, and before that it belonged to a friend. Never had a problem with it, ever, and I've treated it like crap
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

thanks for your suggestions peeps. I don't think any of my friends have an iPod... but I'll still ask around.

I have to admit that I have mine set to manual update so I just drag tunes from my library to my iPod as I don't always want everything on there on my iPod.
    ^^How do you do that?

My hubby tried to fix it and now my iTunes doesn't work...

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Oh NO!!!!
    Can't you take it back to where you got it from?

To do it manually | either create a playlist & then click on it (on the playlist list to high light it) & then drag it down to my iPod.
    If I'm doing it from the library I click onthe actual tune to highlight it & then drag it to an exsisting playlist.

Oh - I don't suppose it makes a difference but I have a Mac.....

Good luck!

(oh & if you want to tell my why your iTunes doesn't work, feel free - no promises tho....)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Pfft, i've had my ipod for 2 years, and before that it belonged to a friend. Never had a problem with it, ever, and I've treated it like crap
    I love mine too. It's been great. It did freeze up once and the Apple site was no help. I Googled my question: Why is my stupid Ipod freezing up? and I found a lot of forums with the answer.

I hope you I pod is all better Moomies!

Try restoring your ipod. If you can still get into itunes there is a feature to restore it. You can also try resetting the ipod. Hope that helps.

Thread Information