Thread: Are you a former PC user that now loves Macs?

Default Are you a former PC user that now loves Macs?

I have a couple of friends that are avid Mac users and usually say "ugh" to my PCs. I usually just say, "screw you" and ignore them because I've never really entertained the idea of having a Mac--I'm really attached to my PCs because I built them!

This all changed a few weeks when I actually tinkered around with a Macbook. OMG, they are so friggin' awesome. So, long story short...are there any Mac users that formerly batted for PCs? I'd love to hear any feedback that you may have about your likes and dislikes.
    debauched.

I've always used Macs except for a few short-term jobs. But I have several friends who've made the switch and they are all happy about it.

My brother just got that new Mac laptop and it is INCREDIBLE. My next computer will be a Mac.

I'm a convert. I resisted Windows in the distant past, my reasoning was "why take room in my hard drive with colors and pictures" when DOS works as well as we need it too. I overcame that, especially when memory became relatively cheap. I still have my Windows PC, it's in the other room, I play some games on it and do lots of non-Internet work with it. It is just fine. But I got tired of spending hours every week maintaining the files, adware crap, spyware crap, and knocking out viruses that managed to sneak past all the latest updated expensive firewalls and virus detectors.

The Mac is not that different from the Windows PC in operation, in fact you have more options and freedom with the Mac OS. I was happily surprised.

Plus the whirling Pizza of Death comes up much less often than the Blue Screen of Death.
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

Bronze Member

I want a Mac.

I learned on a Mac, PCs are like trying to learn Swahili- they can be really obtuse. Macs hold your hand and talk you down from the ledge if there's a problem, PCs just go 'problem, problem, problem' and if you don't know how to fix it you're screwed.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Gold Member

I'm about ready to jump over to the Mac. I have a Dell cracktop, we got it in 2005. I'm not building rockets on this thing. I'm a sahm to a 3 year old. I go on MySpace, I balance the checkbook, I visit gossip sites, Yahoo groups, Mommy's Playhouse and use email and chat. I am sick to death of things freezing, running out of space, I hate a cluttered desktop, warnings coming up about the firewall, the warnings that I might do something dangerous, OMG! It makes me insane. I told my hubby that as much as I hated the thought because so much of what we have in this house is Windows/PC geared I really think I needed the ease of a Mac.

About 3 weeks ago, this thing almost lost it. Something got on here and was using me and our network to send stuff. It wouldn't run in anything but safe mode and even that was iffy. If the fear of losing every single picture I've ever taken of my son is gone by having a Mac, I'd have one tomorrow.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    I learned on a Mac, PCs are like trying to learn Swahili- they can be really obtuse. Macs hold your hand and talk you down from the ledge if there's a problem, PCs just go 'problem, problem, problem' and if you don't know how to fix it you're screwed.
    That's really funny Dean, as I find it the other way around!
    I've used both Macs (PowerBooks) & Windows-based-pcs about evenly, Macs generally at home tho.
    I currently have a G4 powerbook (my little treat as it was half price when the duos came out), but I'm at this moment trying to install an external hard-drive for my photos & it's not working..... I'm gonna start a thread asking for help.... I get really frustrated with my mac because it it was a pc I'd be able to fix it!
    BUM!!!!
    Free Charmed.

Eli

I like the idea of Macs, because PC's are so annoyingly slow and weird sometimes... I swear they're emo teens deep down.... but Macs confused me when I do use them. It's like "Waaa! How do I get out of this place?!?"

Thread Information