Thread: Intelliminds spammers are scum

Default Intelliminds spammers are scum

From the website of the little shits:
    "In a recent campaign, a client, with a strong brand in the Trading Card Game space, wanted to promote the release of their new product and conduct a smear campaign against the launch of a competing product
    • Our Marketing Associates placed custom tailored messages in target categories such as Card Games, Hobbies, and Video Games
    • By the end of the campaign, our client was able to have a successful launch of their product. At the same time, their competitor struggled with the launch of their product due to the negative buzz generated from our campaign"
    This is just so freaking scummy. I was rather pissed off last night so I sent TV Guide a note telling them why I will never buy their magazine. Retards. (In case anyone else wants to tell off TVGUide: http://www.tvguide.com/CustomerService/Default.aspx# )

"So the next wave of spammers have come to the Futurelooks Forums using email addresses from @gawab.com and @web.de. Going to have to nuke those two. In addition to those two, if you have a forum, you may want to ban:
    • @cashette.com
    • @mail.ru
    • @list.ru
    • @inbox.ru
    • @mail15.com
    Spammers have gotten so sophisticated, that they’re lame BOTS can even read the CAPTCHA graphics that only humans should be able to read. Another line of Spammers that I’ve noticed come from a company called INTELLIMINDS. They are the ones that sign up for your forums, post a couple posts, then WHAM…SPAM YOU with some lame product. This company specializes in this type of SPAMMING. You will know you have been infiltrated by the referral links from your site stats. That’s how I found them. After every SPAM campaign, their leeches have to report in, and WHAM, you’ve got
    em. Hope that buys you a bit of SPAM silence for a while. IF you have any really great ideas to fight SPAM, feel free to share."
    http://www.stephenfung.net/spammers-...elooks-forums/

.................................................. ...........................
    "Don’t believe the hype. One of my sites, nancies.org, is the unofficial Dave Matthews Band fan site. I started it in 1998, and I continue to operate it in no small part because I can play with a new technology and have a million visitors check it out in just a month. It’s a great testbed. But it’s a big site, and one of the more popular parts is the discussion board. Thankfully, we have a great team of volunteer moderators who run the boards, and I don’t have to spend much time on them. One of the recurring problems, though, is boardspam.
    Every few months, we see somebody start a new account and immediate start a new thread that pitches a product. Sometimes it’s really lame, in the faux conversational tone and weak attempt to make it relevant to Dave Matthews Band. “Hey, have you all heard about that great new Jennifer Anniston movie coming out, The Good Girl? I bet it will be awesome. Do you think Dave Matthews will like it?” Checking the IP address reveals that it’s a major movie studio, which is totally pathetic. But sometimes it’s really lame, a straight-up advertising pitch. (”Click here to buy MP3s of your favorite artists!!!”) Our crack moderators erase those before more anybody sees them and then block the ISP that the traffic came from, so it’s really a big waste of the advertisers’ time.
    But this takes the cake for the lamest boardspam ever:
    Travel Promotions
    By diane_torres on September.26.2005, 1:23 AM This board might be interested in knowing about a great promotion I’m working on with Polident. If you buy five boxes of specially marked boxes of Polident, you receive a free companion airfare voucher. Check out www.polident.com for the details.
    There’s so much about this that’s stupid that it’s hard to know where to start. Our own surveys show that 10% of the site users are 13-16, half are 17-21, a third are 22-30, and the remainder are under 40, so I’m really not sure who’s going to be buying Polident. But there’s not even an attempt to weave this into conversation, such as pointing out in a discussion about an upcoming concert that anybody looking to buy a plane ticket could benefit from their grandmother’s Polident. It’s just a whole new thread about Polident.
    The company doing this is named, ironically, IntelliMinds. They brag about their work on discussion boards, about how they were hired to “conduct a smear campaign against the launch of a competing product,” and so they started a discussion on a one MSN discussion group and there were “close to ten messages at the end of the campaign.” Like, OMFG!
    Their promotion of their “relationship marketing” explains the stupid e-mails that I receive on a weekly basis, some offering me “great prizes” in exchanging for running ads (I respond and ask how I will pay our bills with “prizes”), others making patently offensive offers. This is apparently what passes for “relationship marketing” or “buzz marketing” that advertisers are all aflutter over these days.
    It’s transparent, and it’s lame. Nobody is being fooled. Well, other than IntelliMinds’ clients, presumably."
    http://waldo.jaquith.org/blog/2005/1...uzz-marketing/

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Is this what happened with the spamming trolls yesterday? I didn't click on their original link so I don't know what they were or where they directed you to.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

yup. It's just so slimy to try to trick people that way. "Soft advertising" It masquerades as people on forums or comments on blogs. Companies outsource spam. TV Guide, Polident, games, movies, phones. I found boatloads of this crap.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

SVZ

Twitch you should join our Spam Police team hehe

I've noticed it a lot too...but most of it's pretty transparent as the guys can't spel

That's because it gets outsourced to Russia or the Phillipines.

I found the guy's unlisted phone number although it may have been changed by now. Oh, the things I could do with that!

Then do such things! Do them now! KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I love twitchy and her detective work You could be a cyber bounty hunter

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Thread Information